New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lots of comments about the Christmas cards , some of you are very organised ! The comments by JoJo C I could have written myself. I buy cards from Card Factory ( going tomorrow) list in hand to buy all the Mum and Dad etc . My usual spend is around £15 and then the bit I dislike the most writing the said cards. Some are going abroad so postage costs are very high. Then all the cards end up in recycling bin afterwards. I make a lot of my own cards but it is a hobby I do very infrequently and usually as part of a group. Anyhow good news is all card expenses coming out of Christmas fund .

More good news is that 2 of my PPI claims are now awaiting decisions on payment so fingers crossed for some pennies coming my way.

Only 1 NSD this week , must do better.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    A big ppi cheque in the post pre santy would be ace fingers crossed for you x
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Cards can be so expensive, although Christmas ones can be bought by the pack quite cheaply. I never understand why they don't sell birthday cards by the pack as individual cards are so expensive :mad:.

The debts are definitely coming down Cumbria and glad your mum is feeling better :)

Fingers crossed for the PPI claims by the way.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Positive vibes for the PPI :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    Options
    Christmas card list ready for tomorrow for purchasing from cheap card shop. Spent £2.75 in bakery . £3.30 for children's play area , free toast and juice for DGS and tea for me.

Not getting any hopes up about PPI if it happens then I will be happy of course.
  • System
    Options
    Plans for today :

Cleaning house.
    Waxing
    Meeting friend
    Buying Xmas cards
    Sorting washing
    Strictly/xfactor whilst eating popcorn !

The weather is really warm at the moment , would love to have wellies on and be walking in the Lakes . My heart is desperate to go but need to wait a couple of more weeks .
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your day.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I said this morning it's so warm! Damp but definitely not cold it's strange.

Do you know of a good soft play? I haven't been to one locally for a long time as the one in FW is awful :o
  • System
    Options
    Hidden replied on your thread .

Off to get dressed for going out, I have done cleaning in pjs !
  • System
    Options
    It's been very warm today , and all the shops were way to hot.

Job list all done.

Not sure how much I spent on Christmas presents but definitely within budget. Christmas cards came to ridiculous amount and all from Card Factory. Next year definitely going to get some in Boxing Day sale.

Still need a few things but hoping to use vouchers from Valued Opinions for the rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure