New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's a good idea , she likes flavoured teas and Lindt chocolate. Will take a look in HB for the chocolate and look around for the teas.

Verbatim thanks for the loo roll price , haven't been in Iceland in years but will take a trip there next week.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,321 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have an 85 year old friend who is also difficult to buy for.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    Options
    She likes going to afternoon tea as well and no shortage of beautiful places where she lives .
  • 117pauline
    Options
    I second the idea of tea, whether it's an afternoon tea or a little hamper of speciality teas. It has the advantage of being a present that can be looked forward to if you know what I mean.

My partner and I are supposed to be saving towards a property in Spain. I have managed to find a couple of CDs he will like but I can't persuade him not to buy for me. I hate people spending on me. I get really embarrassed and uncomfortable.

Christmas seems to be over the top already. How do families with young children cope with this much hype so much in advance.

Have a good week
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • System
    Options
    I agree Pauline , my birthday is the middle of December as well , I don't like my kids spending money on me. My favourite present is a book, a bottle of redox and a box of Maltesers.
  • System
    Options
    Well its definitely windyoutside no doubting that !

Have had the Spanish Inquisition today from one bank about packaged account charges , the questions were going back years . However they still had lots of information on me and my accounts even though they have been closed 10 yrs. Anyhow don't hold out much hope , just waiting now.

It would appear I had very little PPI that I didn't know about , still awaiting 2 more replies from different institutions then I will be reassured that I have tried all avenues.

Will update when I know more.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I was going to ask if the weather over there is as wild as here :eek:

It's so windy! Yet so warm :cool:
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm all for keeping Christmas cheap! Good luck with the PPI claims.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    Options
    Thanks HI , traffic was terrible coming down that road near you, the one with all the roadworks on!

Now am I being strange but have been on here a few months now and there are some regular posters all with great user names Does anyone else ever imagine what people look like i.e. Tall short etc. We converse daily with our lives , money , cooking tips yet we are all mostly anonymous faces, which of course is the idea.

Any thoughts or are am I totally weird ?
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder. I don't actually have hairy hands :rotfl::rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport