New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear the news of your dad Cumbria (hugs), but as you have said, and others have commented, the prognosis looks excellent. Whenever you've mentioned your dad, he always sounds like a really chirpy, positive person which I'm sure will stand him in good stead.

Have a lovely day today at the coast with the DGC. It's sunny here in London at the moment after a foggy start - hope it's the same at your end!

Thank you SSG , my dad never complains about any illness he just gets on with it.
  • System
    Options
    I have come on here tonight to see my favourite forumite is not coming back owing to negativity, it is such a shame , this is the second one I have seen go in as many months. Good luck to this particular person, in all she does.

Anyway on to today, how blessed we were with the weather , believe tomorrow is set to be the same.We were by the seaside by 9.15 this morning, we had a wonderful time, the sun always helps of course. We walked for quite a long way, went on some small rides , had a picnic which DGS was very excited about. Then we went on the park to end our time at the coast. When we got home we went to the local playground to play football . Safe to say I am shattered , the only money spent was £5 on the rides and 40p on the loos !

Tomorrow I am hoping for a slower day .
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like an amazing day. We have some lovely places not a milllion miles away from here don’t we.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Really? The people I have seen have been so positive on here. I am surprised there is negativity when we are all in a similar situation for whatever reason. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    You won't need to go to the gym if you keep having days like yesterday. Sounded lovely.
    Weather glorious here too.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Nicnak wrote: »
    Really? The people I have seen have been so positive on here. I am surprised there is negativity when we are all in a similar situation for whatever reason. x

I would agree Nicnak but there are a few diary members who are taking a different path rather than the usual way of debt busting and some responses were not taken well. I would not have said they were negative but they took it that way.

Sorry to see you go Cumbria. Good luck.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • System
    Options
    For anyone reading this I posted then deleted the post . I am not leaving for any reason of negativity on my thread , nor am I going indefinitely . I just feel I haven't the time at the moment to post on people's diaries . My parents and son in law are my priority at the moment . I will update my diary but not posting on others .Thank you all .
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    I am so sorry Cumbria I misunderstood. I do hope your dads treatment goes well. I know lots who have made a very good recovery from prostrate cancer. At least they have caught it early.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,429 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your dad but good it's caught early. My friend's DH had prostrate cancer caught early and is fine now, similar age to your dad.

Not good about the negative responses to the diary you were following. I'm surprised as people are mostly supportive on here :(
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,496 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Please just check in when you can.
    As you say your priorities have changed for now.
    Take care of you & thanks so much for all the support that you have given me :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure