We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well thats Christmas nailed. Just finished wrapping the presents , all packed away ready to go to respective homes next week.

Now to start sorting myself out for hols , I feel another list coming on.

Wine time now .
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Well done on the Xmas jobs!:j

I'm starting my holiday list tomorrow...:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy list writing :beer:
    January spends - £587.58
  • System
    Options
    Market day has arrived , one of my favourite days of the year. Meeting friends in town , having a meal mine is paid for already. We have a wander , a coffee not a market one way to expensive. Probably a drop into primarni for a while. Another wander , our meal, a glass of wine . You get the gist. We have a yearly photo next to the Xmas tree , one friend is missing she is in NY . We don't seem to look any different year on year.

Anyway ironing to be done first or I can't go out.
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    I hope your enjoy the markets and have a lovely day out.
    You are super organised with your wrapping and cards, but guess you have to be this year with your amazing holiday on the cards. xx
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • System
    Options
    I have made a big decision this weekend, well for me it is. I have decided I want to go grey with my hair. I am getting a little fed up keep having it coloured and highlighted. I am very lucky that my niece does my hair for a small payment to cover the dyes etc.

How long does it take and which way have people gone to achieve this ?
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    I have made a big decision this weekend, well for me it is. I have decided I want to go grey with my hair. I am getting a little fed up keep having it coloured and highlighted. I am very lucky that my niece does my hair for a small payment to cover the dyes etc.

How long does it take and which way have people gone to achieve this ?

Coming out of silent reader to comment here. I wear my hair a bit shorter in the summer (referred to as summer plumage by the barber who cuts it) and so I grew mine out with a few grey highlights and a lighter shade for the last all-over dye so it was not quite such a stark change, then had it cut shorter than normal when the roots were about an inch long, so just the tips (about 1cm) still had colour and this coincided with a holiday. Then the sun got to it and the next time I had it cut, there it was, gone.

I recommend the bridging colour with highlights added as an interim thing. BTW the condition of my hair is much better now
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • System
    Options
    Well that's the markets done for another year. Had a great time , lots of laughter and good food. Bought my hosts in Oz a present , some new underwear to take away and a calendar . I did 14342 steps today
    Home now , time for a bath and get ready for the week ahead.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed the market,
    VERY impressed with the steps :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Your day out today with friends today sounded fab! Exactly the sort of excursion that I love. How great too that you all never look any older in your photo each year. What's the secret?:D

Can't help on the grey hair query I'm afraid. Suffolk lass's post is very helpful though. - Good for you on going for it. I have some greys - mostly round my hairline. If I went grey or white quickly all over I would probably do it as well but I'm quite dark naturally and I think it would take so long.....:(

Hope you have a relaxing bath tonight.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing