First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like quite a day.....
    January spends - £587.58
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today was so much better. The meeting at work went much better and I can hopefully look forward to starting new year in a better paid job.

Have been wrapping some presents tonight and I do need another couple of gifts so hope to sort them in town on Sunday. The cards are more or less done. I need wrapping paper as well. Have ran out now. Another couple of hours of wrapping that should all be done.

It's all coming together , just need to keep ploughing on and not buying extra things !

Shattered tonight . Trying to get work up to date as well so it's all go. Tomorrow is the usual child minding and waxing in the evening .
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Your Tuesday sounded horrendous Cumbria! The episode with the HGV driver must have frightened you no end.

But glad to hear that work has panned out more positively and you can look ahead to the New Year.

Hope you treated yourself to a good drink when wrapping! I always have a nice glass of Baileys and listen to the Christmas play list on the ipod when I wrap presents!

No long now to Oz!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 November 2018 at 4:05PM
    Options
    I'm so glad you look like being in a better paid job in January, you manage so well on a low wage, but it would be nice for you to have more to play with :).

I wonder if the HGV driver was fiddling with his phone or even fell asleep. When I'm on a coach journey and can see into people's cars easily it's shocking how many drivers are on phones, looking at maps, etc, while driving :shocked: :eek:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Glad you have had a better day.

I was once embroiled with a full out war because a teacher suggested she put a table outside of her classroom. There were emails being sent about it all and lots of stress in the department.

One of the senior members of the team came to see me about it and what my views were on it. I told them that if all they have got to worry about in life is a table, then they have no idea how lucky they are. I don't care where the table goes.

Never known anything so petty in all my life. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • System
    Options
    Nicnak wrote: »
    Glad you have had a better day.

I was once embroiled with a full out war because a teacher suggested she put a table outside of her classroom. There were emails being sent about it all and lots of stress in the department.

One of the senior members of the team came to see me about it and what my views were on it. I told them that if all they have got to worry about in life is a table, then they have no idea how lucky they are. I don't care where the table goes.

Never known anything so petty in all my life. x

Thank Nicnak for your 2xamole of a work issue , the one I was faced with was of a similar ilk .
  • System
    Options
    With regards to the HGV driver , it was a foreign number plate so left hand drive . He probably didn't look enough to his right, happens a lot on the motorways .

Yesterday the DGD were very active and I was glad to come home. Went out for waxing and came home and slumped.

Today going to sorting office to collect parcel for parents, then picking them up for shopping. When I get back I need to dust and hoover . Picking DGS up at 1.15 for swimming lesson . Cleaning will probably go on in to the afternoon. I then want to carry on with Xmas things .

I should think I will be busy then.
  • System
    Options
    Today has been so lovely weather wise, got all my washing dried outside. Shopping done, cleaning all done. DGS has been taken swimming, popped into see ex in laws as well .

Cards all finished and stamps on the ones that needs posting.

Payday today so all money moved where it needs to go. Last lot of spending money has been sorted out as well. It's just be careful now and don't spend money I don't need to.

Now going to attempt more wrapping and see if I can get it all done this weekend.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done for being so organised. I put my washing outside today too :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Well done on finishing the cards - one job ticked off the list! Should have really started mine when I was off work last week!

Have a good evening Cumbria.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income