New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tomorrow is operation get ready for holiday. Packing list to look at , washing to be done.

Need a top up shop to last till Saturday, as in work 3 days this week.

No unecessary spending this week, still need money for after hols to live on.

Petrol needed , will fill up as normal.

Early night for me then.
  • System
    Options
    Crazy spending day today.
    Petrol 40.21
    Aldi 15. .95
    Car wash 10.00
    Tesco £20 Pyjamas for DGS
    Tkmaxx 36.00 more clothes for holiday .

Have nearly spent all my entertainment allowance this month on some of the above.

I get myself really stressed out when I spend anything , food and petrol ok, but anything else cold sweat. After hols back to gym , overpaying debts and normal budgeting.
  • System
    Options
    Yesterday was a no spend day after the previous day's huge amount. Everything spent has cleared account. Need to check all pots and make sure enough to live on when I return from hols. Can't afford to be short as it will be another week before payday.
  • System
    Options
    The long awaited holiday is nearly here, I have my spends ready , everything is waiting to be packed tomorrow, probably got far too many clothes.

On the debt busting front I have enough money to survive on when I return home , no extra payments made this month as it's been a expensive month. Debt not gone up since I started , I feel so much more in control now than ever before.

Super excited two more sleeps before flying off to the sun, Cyprus here I come.
  • System
    Options
    Suitcase out , packing underway. Everyone have a good bank holiday weekend.
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Enjoy the sunshine :D! Have fun on your holiday :D
  • System
    Options
    Back from my holiday booked pre lbm and paid for by my parents as Christmas and birthday present. I provided the spends and come back with 40 euros . Had a good break and feel very rested. Still budgeted on holiday and didn't need any extra cash.

Now it is back to debt busting , need to get up to date balances , do shopping list and menu plan for next week. Have enough money in pots to last till payday on the 18 th.

Have no more big spends on the horizon so really want to overpay debt and try and get DFD a little closer.
  • System
    Options
    Back to being MSE this week after 2 weeks off. Closing down sale at sports shop , so got new gym top and pants for £12 .

Aldi shop £37.26 over budget but the cupboards were bare after being away. Further £6.61 at mr m . Should be ok now till payday on the 18th.

Getting a small bonus on payday hoping to pay a small amount extra off smallest credit card to get below the £1000 mark. Will have to wait and see.
  • System
    Options
    Today is payday and I have received a small bonus, will update signature later after doing all transfers.
  • System
    Options
    Coming back from holiday and getting back on track moneywise has been difficult. Spending money on hols was so easy, I did stick to my budget and came back with 30 Euros.

In my account before payday was £63 , with this I have bought a new dress and shoes for my granddaughters christening, plus a gift .

Now to payday, this month we got a small bonus of around £900 , I have deliberated for a few days what to do with this money , first thought was to try and clear the smallest credit card. The second thought which I am going with is to put in the emergency fund so now that is over a £1000 and I feel happy knowing it's there.
    The question now is should I carry on saving in the EF or should I put the £50 I normally save to EF tothe 1st credit card along with £50 I have been which would mean it will be paid in around 12 months .? . I am stuck with this one as I have both cards on 0% for long deals.

Any advice welcome.

All pots full up again , meal planning and shopping list to do yet .
    I have some things on EBay , am doing ok with surveys , hope these will payout before Xmas to go with the money I am saving. I am on a no clothes buying again , will review this in September but I need nothing for summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure