Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you had a lovely day.
    Positive vibes for the PPI.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,635 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you get the ppi. We applied several years ago and had a letter basically saying no chance which we accepted then completely out of the blue several months later we had another letter saying the decision had been over ruled and we got over 8 grand. We were absolutely gobsmacked - it has paid for lots of stuff including a new bathroom, front door,guttering, and wrought iron railings, and some towards a car over the last couple of years. Dh virtually laughed when I first suggested we applied then said 'I told you so' when we had the first answer but I had the last laugh :rotfl::rotfl:
    January spends - £587.58
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Horrible couple of days, firstly didn't sleep Sunday night, toilet broke in the middle of the night making awful noise. Couldn't sleep after that, then was also awake due to thinking about new work system being introduced at work yesterday. Dragged myself to work for 7am and the day was as bad as feared. The new technology broke after 3 hours, which caused a massive backlog of work. Was then asked to try and clear the said backlog , which is impossible for one person. I was rather vocal in my answer. Then didn't leave work till 6.30 was in bed at 8.15 , then awake at midnight for hours, feeling ill. Headache and feeling sick,, probably stress ! . Anyhow plumber came this morning at 9am , booked morning off . Feeling slightly better and going into work shortly until 5.

In MSE news I have cancelled my sky package, and gone to plusnet which has saved me about £10 per month, plus £50 mastercard and cashback. Owing to my toilet being broken I have used more water as it must have been leaking for a short while which means it has gone up £3 .

I am going to try and make an effort to use less water and also electric in this next month or so.

Best get dressed and get into work.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hope you're feeling less stressed now Cumbria. I know exactly how you feel with regard to newly introduced technology in the workplace as I've had the same problems at my firm. It drives you up the wall! It supposed to make everything easier but just takes twice as long to do anything!:mad:

Good result on the plusnet package though!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,635 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm so glad I don't work with technology - it has its uses but creates so many problems along the way. Can't imagine a world without it though....

Hope you're feeling better
    January spends - £587.58
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,867 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Oh that sounds like a run of horrible things. And to have disrupted sleep on top of it all too. Glad the toilet is fixed now. Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh that sounds like a run of horrible things. And to have disrupted sleep on top of it all too. Glad the toilet is fixed now. Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

This, This.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    Options
    Yesterday was significantly better than Monday , being in half a day helped. I finished at normal time as well. Had my hair done so feel better about that. Sleep was better also.

Payday today so need to sort budget later. Need to move now to get to work for a decent time.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    New hair always helps the spirit!:D

Glad you got some quality zzzzzzzzs!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    edited 22 July 2018 at 8:19AM
    Options
    How did we get to Sunday so quickly!

Friday was very busy as had both DGC as school holidays started. We went to a very big park locally which had introduced car park charges this summer , so £2 to park. We took snacks and drinks , paid for 2 ice creams £4 . We walked over 10,000 steps DGS had a sleep on the way home , no wonder. That was a good start in monetary terms. Five more Fridays to go. I also have DGS on other days whilst his sister is at nursery , we will be having days out then as well.

Yesterday was spent with a friend , lunch was paid for by friend, I bought ice cream £4 .

This month have only paid £100 to CC as I have the DGC so need spends . I am going to visit my friends in the North East as well this pay month so need spends and extra petrol for that.

My use of CC last month I think was partly silliness but also making my repayment to high. £100 is the lowest payment I will make monthly this is on DD but will make extra payments. I have already paid £30.53 extra from PA surveys. If it takes me longer to pay CC off then that's ok .

Shopping this morning, hoping to come in under £30 . Then all the normal housework plus ironing .

Next weekend I am at home , can't wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport