🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

New Journey

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,719 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Taking the GC out is costly but £6 is not bad. Free local parks are a great resource for entertaining kids. We have one very near us where we take our DGD but I expect they will get busy in the summer.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Taking the GC out is costly but £6 is not bad. Free local parks are a great resource for entertaining kids. We have one very near us where we take our DGD but I expect they will get busy in the summer.

I agree, after having DGS at Easter , I have learnt a few things. Have stocked up at Aldi over the past weeks with drinks, crisps, biscuits to take out . I will be making sandwiches to take with us. We are having a trip to the zoo but great gran is paying for that. Going to the Lake District for the day , on a steam train. Apart from that swimming at my gym for DGS , and the parks round and about Manchester will feature heavily.
  • System
    Options
    All housework done, shopping £18.21 in Aldi and £7.50 in Mr S mostly GF stock up.

Have made my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow to take to work.

Going to see a Mama Mia 2 with friend , she is doing meerkat movies 2for1 , going straight from work. That's my only night out this week at the moment.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,790 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy the film :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you enjoy the film, Cumbria. Aldi has been really good for us in terms of saving on our monthly shop. We save about £60 a month, so I'm getting more used to doing the shop "in person" rather than online!
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,660 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Enjoy taking the grandchildren out - sensible shopping in advance at Aldi - their cold meat is the best around - the roast beef puts Mr Ms to shame.

Have fun on the train in the lakes - is t the ratty line or the one near Windermere?
    January spends - £587.58
  • System
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Enjoy taking the grandchildren out - sensible shopping in advance at Aldi - their cold meat is the best around - the roast beef puts Mr Ms to shame.

Have fun on the train in the lakes - is t the ratty line or the one near Windermere?

Haverthwsite , so yes from Lakeside at the end of Windermere .
  • System
    Options
    Yesterday was another bad day at work, was a complete mess by 10.30 due to lack of sleep and a complete loss of confidence. Anyway all sorted by lunch and worked hard all day and left by 5.45 , another longish day. Took some Kalms night time around 1 last night when I woke up . I slept till 6 so about 6 hours sleep which is good for me.

NSD yesterday as well. Today having lunch with a colleague, then to see Mama Mia so will be a spend day.
  • System
    Options
    Friday is normally childcare day , but I have a free day as parents are off with the DGD. I could be doing lots of things but have decided to have a lazy day , washing is doing at the moment so will hang that out. Thinking of walking to local charity shop with a few bits not much more.

Monday was a bad day as I said not helped by new technology, but now the end of the week has arrived , it is much better. I have mastered the new technology and whilst there are blips in it which is annoying I can see myself working with it very easily and shouldn't doubt myself.

Tuesday was Mama Mia , meerkat movies was used so £7 each for the cinema and we had a M&s meal deal £3.50. At lunchtime I paid for my lunch in our very nice work cafe £2.95 and enjoyed lunch with my friend .

Wednesday and Thursday no spend days .

I have received £30 for my glasses today from health insurance and I am getting PPI repayment of £29.58 ! It all helps .

I am finally on the way to rectifying a matter in RL that has been going on for about 6 weeks and it is all going to be ok. This has cheered me up immensely . I slept for 12 hours only waking up twice for about 15 mins , this is a record for me.

Enjoy the last of the sun and heat, looks like rain tomorrow.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I hope you're not coming up here this weekend. Whilst it has been somewhat humid and hazy this last 10 days rather than sunny, Saturday and Sunday look like we're getting all the pent up rain we normally get. Just in time for the main days of Kendal Calling (where DS1 is working)!

Haverthwaite railway is a lovely trip out - the people who run it are so nice, and very accommodating to little people's questions. The La'al Ratty is my favourite though, a regular school trip and family day when I was growing up and still one my boys love at 14 and almost 20. DS1 still uses a lunchbox that he got several years ago - it has cult status at his uni!
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£480.00 (96%)    Fn £405                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£406.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£088.00 (19%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£070.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£087.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills