New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Life has been a whirl the past few days , training day at work last week. Child care Friday. Busy Saturday, housework etc. Supporting a local church in the afternoon. No football for me , thank goodness. Sunday brought shopping, a sweaty ironing session, plus a trip to A&E with DD who had a little accident involving her eye, she will be ok in a few days .

My nose is healing really well, even I am amazed.

Money is all ok, no unnecessary spends, shopping was in budget. I picked up a few things to stash away for school holidays days out like crisps, carton drinks etc., to try and get it slowly rather than forking out all in one go. I had £25 left over from personal spends last pay month, plus I received £25 from healthcare insurance for day surgery on my nose, this went to Oz spending fund. I also found a scratch card received at Xmas and won £10 on it , paying that off CC so new balance is now £3980

That's it for tonight.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    All sounding good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    Options
    Busy week work wise some more long days but finished now for the weekend. 3 NSD so far probably won't be more. Been for waxing tonight £11 , plus £30 of petrol.

Saturday day in the lakes , taking my mum with me so looking forward to that. We are just getting our first lot of rain in over a month, it feels fresher already.

Not been out in the evenings this month so far , but happy with that.

Off to get ice cream for dessert.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,635 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just started raining here too - smells lovely.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Can you send the rain this way I am pig sick of this heat.
  • System
    Options
    Can you send the rain this way I am pig sick of this heat.

Same here Scott , it feels a bit fresher , so looking forward to a cool nights sleep. Hope you get a little downpour soon.
  • System
    Options
    Don't normally post on Friday as busy with DGD but she is asleep. Have had news from OZ today that the wedding I was invited to that started the whole trip on its way is now not happening ! Basically they have parted company the couple. Sad but these things happen. Of course I am still going on the trip but don't need an outfit now or a wedding present.

Been to HB this morning and spent £10.31 on toiletries and some other items . The rain has stopped for the time being, but it is still warm.

DGD will be awake soon for her lunch so best get moving.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well it least it kick started your adventure.
    Better that the couple find out now.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sad for the couple but I'm glad you're still going down under. Enjoy your trip to The Lakes tomorrow :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    edited 14 July 2018 at 8:50PM
    Options
    Great day out, just love every trip to the lakes it lifts my spirits . Got home to a 2 letters about PPI , put the enquiries in ,in Feb so surprised as I had forgotten. If there is any money there I think it will be minimal .

Have a busy day tomorrow so off to the shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure