Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Wow, what an excellent result :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done mooloo on takings. Keep it up.

Kids know the buttons to press to make us feel guilty, you've done a great job.

Now, to look forward to next weeks takings, well done.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    So I am going to be ambitious and up the target for next week to £740.
    How do I expect to find even more? I am going to allocate time today to start writing and finish, a social media campaign to promote the sewing lessons and the courses. I so far have 4 children booked into the Saturday lesson and only one adult booked for the workshops so I want to see if I can get two more people to join us making Cushion covers on Saturday morning, and as a belt and braces kind of person push the habadashery and fabrics too.
    Dgd is playing with her Lego, it is all spread out on BFs dinning room table. He is attempting to install a new shower in his bathroom.
    So I get to sit here and think how to work smarter, and all the research that I want to do.
    See you later maybe.
    I am not forgetting to work on joining the dots!!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Morning already! I didn't sleep very well. Change of water, different food, or just a different bathroom, I am struggling with constipation here in Oxford, and feel as bloated and uncomfortable as heck. I have backache back with avengance, what with all the extra walking this week and a different bed.
    I am going to have to get sorted out! I have been rubbing in Aloe Heat lotion for the last three days and nights, trying to get my back to ease. I don't have the appropriate medicine here for the other, so I will have a trip to the chemist at lunchtime and then keep some here next time I come.
    Dgd was naturally quiet over the weekend as she settles in to a different room, and starts to live by BFs rules here. However when we all went out for a walk, wellies and waterproofs on, her and BF had fun breaking the ice on large puddles and jumping on mole hills, and then a stop at the zip wire park before shopping in the co-op was the order of the day, followed by her music on headphones while playing with the Lego. She went to bed without any fuss etc.
    I spent the evening trying to get to grips with Hootsuite but not sure that I would need to be on the laptop better for it. But I am learning. BF went out to change cars with his daughter and although he did offer to take us, as she had said she was tired etc I said we wouldn't go this time, but that hopefully will see her and the baby soon.
    Dgd cuddled up next to me on the sofa, and was just relaxed and happy enough to have me to herself for a couple of hours.
    I am about to get her up, after I have had a shower and we will be leaving around 7.30 to get home, to make the lunch and get her to school.
    I have a lot of work still to sew, so I am hoping to finish a jacket that is a major alteration and then I have a lot of small jobs and another coat zip to do.
    Tonight is Brownies so while Dgd is there I hope that I will be able to move well enough to start to tackle the ironing!
    So a mundane day ahead, or will it be? I never know in my life!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I have had a strange day. Sewed around £126 worth. Got interrupted too many times and gave up just after 4pm
    I am tired and very sore.
    Had beef burger and salad for tea, quick and easy before brownies.
    I think that I will be having an early night tonight as my arm is not very good and I left the heat cream at work.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Try to take it easy.
    I know it is easier said than done.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Twin 2 actually rang for a chat, and not for anything else. Apart from saying she misses us. I rarely hear from her these days. I don't know exactly how she is coping but she is still seeing her BF so that's about 14 months now and they sound like they help each other. I casually dropped into the conversation that I didn't have any money at the moment as it is that time of the year, (just in case the question was about to come). A subtle reminder that I am not rich.
    I didn't hear from any of the others so I am not sure how the clean up organising is going at DS's.
    I may call later and see if Biggest has been again.
    I have about 6 jobs still in to do, I cleared so much last week, and we only had 3 things in yesterday so I am hoping for a busy day today. Or the daily target is going to be dismal! I am not going to worry though as I still have projects to do in the shop, like finishing the recovering of the chairs, and sorting out the paperwork for the Sewing Club. the membership cards have arrived from Vistaprint, and the folders for the sewing courses etc arrived yesterday so I am going to try to be productive on the organisation side if it is quite.
    I didn't get to bed before 11pm in the end, but I slept better luckily.
    I will be careful with the arm and hip today and will drive to rest up a bit.
    Have a good one x
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Well I got my wish. 15 new jobs in today. I finished all the outstanding jobs from Saturday and yesterday. I even did two of today's jobs.
    I sewed £155.50 worth of sewing today, and did 8 fittings.
    I am pleased to say that we took £151.80 through the tills too, which is a help. Especially as yesterday's takings were less then £30!
    I finished at 4pm as no late fittings booked and as I was upto date I decided enough was enough and that I didn't need to stop late.
    Feeling positive despite my arm and back etc niggling me.
    Making a quick curry for tea, using up the bottom of the fridge bits and pieces.
    Tomorrow is my day off, and I am taking Mum to do her shopping, banking etc and we will be ladies that lunch. I have hardly seen her since we came back from holiday at Christmas due to the builders etc. I am looking forward to getting back into some routines now.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    You're sounding extremely positive Mooloo - fingers crossed all your hard work pays off and you can realise your dreams xx
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    You're sounding extremely positive Mooloo - fingers crossed all your hard work pays off and you can realise your dreams xx

I am keeping my positive thoughts and celebrating every little win. I do struggle at home though, I do need to motivate myself to be as efficient at home as I am in work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure