No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2017

Options

Comments

• evilsquid1603
    evilsquid1603 Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm back in again. Thank you Deleted_User for starting us off and hello to everyone joining us! :hello: im going to try and not buy anything until my birthday (mid march) so only INS should be Love Lula box and the Vegan Kind box in feb. I really want to make a dent this year!

Saying that, I got some good sales bargains this year! :rotfl: I got three of the Liz Earle sets from Boots and John Lewis reduced which is rare so I took advantage and i use all of it anyway. Also got a decleor set at half price from House of frazer and an aromatherapy associates one half price from Space NK. Got more Liz Earle, Espa and Urban Decay goodies for xmas too but nowhere near the amount of INs i usually end up with!

I nearly bought loads in Lush and just thought I'm getting this for the novelty of 50% off and i wouldn't be buying any of this full price so i put the whole basket down and walked out of the shop.

UU
    Tata Harper detox mask travel size - WMBA but i think this is expensive for what it does and there are cheaper options.
    Tarte Friction stick - WNBA far too scratchy for my liking. I'm very much converted to jojoba beads for exfoliation now!
  • catherinekate
    Options
    i had a look at the secret secret stash. I thought i had more to use but i had less. so i could add everything in'- one nail polish (need to donate as i can't use it), hair mask that seems ok. heaps of unopened mascara and some hair products. A few thrown out but it feels great that the collection has reduced somewhat.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Oh dear - you've reminded me of my secret secret stash too!

Took a stocktake on New Year's Day and came to 295 items. With everything I discovered in my office drawer and secret secret stash, I'm now up to 310. Goal is to be below 250 by the end of 2017. I was at 235 when I started this challenge as a lurker in 2014. We'll see!

UU: Aussie Miracle Shine conditioner.
  • getmyacttogether2016
    Options
    Evening

First UUs of the year.

Listerine mouthwash 500ml - currently using the sensitive one, think this may be the last one in the stash.
    Clarins one step facial cleanser 200ml - WNBA didn't like how this felt and I never felt really clean with it. Have a gwp size to use but may put that in a basket for a friend.

GMAT
    Lost my way for far too long but now back on board to lead a more simplistic lifestyle

Mar PP - UU 24 (£279.46), TA 2 (£ 13.99) IN 12 (£89.81)
    Apr PP - UU 27 (£324.94), TA 3 (£38.50) IN 53 (£216.65), GA 6 (£40.97)
    May PP - UU 0 (0.00), TA 0 (0.00), IN 0 (0.00), GA 0 (0.00)
  • Houseplant26
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm a bit late to the party but I have some UUs and no ins yet!

UU
    2x mini Susan Kaufmann bath oils WNB these were in a set of three I got for Christmas. Very kind gift as I'd wanted to try her stuff for a while but these really didn't wow me at all. Not much scent, nothing super special on skin and you had to use the whole bottle in one bath, in fact I chucked the second one in as was so unimpressed with first!

Mystery Lancôme moisturiser sample - WNB as no ide a what it was. Seemed ok but nothing special.

Elemis revitalise conditioner mini from a hotel - WNB as didn't feel moisturising enough. Part way through the shampoo equivalent which seems a bit better.
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, new to the forum but long time lurker!

Would really love to join in please - My stashes as getting out of control!
    I am also struggling not to buy some of the really good bargains about in the sale at the minute.

I had a tidy up of the stash over the xmas break and threw out a fews bits that were too old and also gave a few to the charity shop.

1st UU: Lancer the polish method: WDBA if it wasn't soo expensive. It helps with my blemish skin and is a real treat to use but at £60 I won't be buying again until every other scrub in my stash is used!
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU:

Lush Luxury Lush Pud WDBA. One of my favourite Christmas bath bombs.

I've nearly finished one of the items on my PP list, it should be finished in the next few days :)
  • Catriona_P
    Catriona_P Posts: 843 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    lynseydee wrote: »
    Just remember better to be 4 down than 4 up :j

That is very true! I blame my new boyfriend for most of my purchases last year anyway, first time back in the dating pool for over 10 years ;)

Welcome WJN222!
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi WJN222! Welcome aboard!

Had some more UUs!
    6. Sainsburys Golden Myrrh and Amber Candle WNBA - Hardly any scent at all once lit so I burnt it at the same time as...
    7. Wax Lyrical Golden Sandalwood Candle WBA. This wasn't as strong as the one I bought last year but it was still lovely.
    8. L’Oreal Elvive Full Restore 5 Conditioning Repairing Spray WDBA. This is great. I use it nearly every day and it doesn't make my hair greasy even after 3 or 4 days in a row. I haven't seen it about in a while though.

If anyone has any detangler/spray in conditioners to recommend I'd be glad to know!

Hope everyone is having a good week! :)
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Catriona_P wrote: »
    That is very true! I blame my new boyfriend for most of my purchases last year anyway, first time back in the dating pool for over 10 years ;)

Welcome WJN222!

Two things to be happy about :j
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • pinkfluffybabe
    Options
    WJN222 wrote: »
    Hi all, new to the forum but long time lurker!

Would really love to join in please - My stashes as getting out of control!
    I am also struggling not to buy some of the really good bargains about in the sale at the minute.

I had a tidy up of the stash over the xmas break and threw out a fews bits that were too old and also gave a few to the charity shop.

1st UU: Lancer the polish method: WDBA if it wasn't soo expensive. It helps with my blemish skin and is a real treat to use but at £60 I won't be buying again until every other scrub in my stash is used!

Welcome :)

The lancer is great, pity it is so expensive!

UU2
    Trilogy day creme. WBA. Love this range
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills