No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2017

Options

Comments

• sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ooo, another UU:

Impulse Tease WDBA. My favourite body spray. Will have to repurchase at some point but I've got some mini body sprays to use.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just showered and these are gone:-

3. LUSH Cup o Coffee full size. LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Have new one in stash however as I now have a little stash of body scrubs will use this for my face only once my Soap and Glory Scrub your nose in it has gone.

4. 1L sized Australian Body Care Tea Tree skin wash. Hadn't realised how low this was getting. I knew it felt quite light and I recently bought a replacement from my FB group however it stopped pumping and on unscrewing the pump and turning the bottle upside down nothing came out. I have left it upturned just in case I can get anymore out. NEW HG product. Will not be without.

5. LUSH Snowflake soap. Came in a gift set last year. WNBA but would use if received in another set.

Think I may have redeemed myself a little.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    This was my shampoo NBI from the other day. (Already reviewed)
    John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Rich Radiance Shampoo
    (Like it, but colour effect minimal)

Body scrub NBI. (Also already reviewed)
    Weleda Birch Body Scrub
    (Really like it, a very gentle scrub, but costly for what it is. No microbeads, a plus).

A NBI UU - Patisserie de Bain Lemon Bon Bon hand cream, 50ml.
    WIB? No, had to use it as a foot cream.
    Packaging is lovely, cream rubs in well and moisturises.. The lemon smells like.. well...
    I wasn't quite alone in my view, but most people seemed to like it.

If you can overcome the resemblance, it would be an expensive-ish buy for what it is, in my opinion. The packaging sells it, though.

Review of 'household cleaner scented' hand cream.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    summerlady wrote: »
    Hi - can I join in please? I checked my cupboard today and saw that I have eight bottles of shower gel including three part used ones.
    Of course you can join in! All are welcome here!

Hello to all the new names! I had a feeling there might be a few new names in January! And welcome back to those returning!

Gemzie121 - I've had a few M&S perfumes and found them very hit and miss. A couple were nice but they didn't last long through the day. Can't remember names off the top of my head. Like dolly84 mentioned, I would have a look at the Roger and Gallet perfumes - they're lovely. The voucher should work on any branded stuff M&S sell so it's worth having a look through all the different ones they stock - they do loads now. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello all,
    Had a nice day in town today. Not very busy which was nice. I managed to get the other Sanctuary gift set I wanted in the sale but not the Molton Brown so it was not meant to be! I think I will ask for a set from there for my birthday in July. I also got an unexpected late Christmas present so I have a couple of INs from the Body Shop from that.

INS
    1-3. Sanctuary Spa White Lily and Damask Rose Body Butter mini, Body Wash and Body Scrub
    4-5. The Body Shop English Gardenia Body Mist and Shower Gel. Love this scent so much.
    6. No7 Superlight Foundation in Calico. This was a straight replacement for the one I finished before Christmas. I had one of those £3/£5 vouchers so used that but resisted turning it into a 3 for 2.

Going through my stash last week meant I found things that were nearly finished so I've got a little flurry of UUs to start January.

1. Dove Regenerate Conditioner. WNBA. This was their more expensive range and I don't think it was any better than the regular range.
    2. Garnier Intense Care Moisturising Cream. WBA. Basic but does the job. Mini pot; only ever seen them in £land.
    3. Tresemme Keratin Smooth Deep Treatment Masque. WNBA. I often use these 'masques' as normal conditioners because my hair is very dry but this one was too waxy and didn't seem to do much no matter how long I left it in.
    4. 17 Stay Time Concealer -Fair. WBA. Been through a few of these. Like it a lot but have other ones to plod through before repurchasing.
    5. Philip Kingsley Elasticizer, Geranium and Neroli. WNBA. I had 3 of these from various beauty boxes. I don't think it does anything for my hair and I don't like adding the extra step into washing my hair. Other 2 are on eBay.

Found some other bits to list on eBay yesterday, some toiletries, some not. Good start to January I think! Seems like we're all off to a flying start! :)
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm in again just for the 5 by spring list is as follows.1 - Any eyeshaddow - have lots that have hit pan
    2 - a tube of hand cream - have a few open ones
    3 - a lip balm again I have a few open
    4 - My Snow Lush Castle soap - Love it but want to use my Molton Brown had wash
    5 - A Travel sized Body Lotion - Really need to get back into using body lotion every day.

I still have the following carry over from 7 by Autumn - 3 left now.

1 - Benefit Fake up Concealer Full sized - Hate this
    2 - Benefit Watts Up Highlighter sample 2.5g. - Prefer Powder highlighter
    6- Urban Decay Eye Shadows, 50/50 from Naked on the run palette just remaining round the edges and in the corners

Plus 1 item left from 5 by Christmas.

2 - Urban Decay one & Done - not yet finished - almost

Fingers crossed I get these all UU
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    i had a look at the secret secret stash. I thought i had more to use but i had less. so i could add everything in'- one nail polish (need to donate as i can't use it), hair mask that seems ok. heaps of unopened mascara and some hair products. A few thrown out but it feels great that the collection has reduced somewhat.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I will be joining again this year. I am hoping to declutter 100 items over the course of the year. I am aiming to have just one or two backups of toiletries and a small drawer of make-up. It was be a miracle if it happens! I am pleased that I did not buy one thing in the sales. I did fill up my basket on the Boots website and then emptied it again as I didn't need any of the things at the moment and there are always more offers throughout the year.
  • shed35
    shed35 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 January 2017 at 12:22AM
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone. Here is my first update for 2017

UU
    Weleda Mellow Face Cream
    Charles Worthington Travel Size Moisturiser Conditioner
    Avon Skin So Soft Original Bath Oil
    Avon Supreme Oil Hair Conditioner
    Good Things Honey Manuka Face Mask
    Superdrug B Glycolic Cleansing Peel
    Avene Cleansing Bar
    Johnson Baby Powder
    Body Shop Strawberry Soap
    Body Shop Satsuma Lip Balm
    Bayliss & Harding Foot Crystals

IN
    Waitrose Baby Coconut Oil Balm

Total= 94

Hurrah under 100 on 2 January 2017. Good Start

Cannot recommend the Avene Cleansing Bar enough as a face cleanser. Remember watching Supershoppers on Channel 4 when they said soap last longer than a liquid. Did my research on the internet and found this bar which is wonderful, good for sensitive skin and can be used on the face and body as it does not dry it and it last months.
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hermia wrote: »
    I did fill up my basket on the Boots website and then emptied it again as I didn't need any of the things at the moment and there are always more offers throughout the year.
    Well done :T
    Cheryl
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family