No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2017

Options

Comments

• balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    maybe I need to start a new thread - No Buying Unnecessary Shoes- as I've just counted in the last week I've bought 5 pairs (and another is about to be ordered) All in the sales, all under a tenner a pair (except the bronze fitflops which were a bargainous £15), I can't say Noooooo :eek::D
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    5 sample INs to report:

La Roche Posay Effaclar H Moisturiser sample
    Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum sample
    Nuxe Reve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream sample
    Nuxe Melting Gel Cleanser sample
    Bioderma Eye Gel sample

I've been wanting to try all these products for a while now :)
  • seasideDreamer
    Options
    Asset you could just ask them all to donate to your favorite charity on your behalf instead or maybe a secret santa present for one person. At least that way you will only get one bit of tat. I suggested that to my family this year for next year they seem to be seriously considering it. I know what you mean, we get given all sorts of things we dont need. I think we keep the local charity shop well stocked with strange gifts.
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • rockey100
    Options
    My budget at the beginning of 2017: £10/20 for toiletries as i'm a gent who's not fussed
    My budget when the missus introduces new "fancy! toiletries: £67.25 with tax
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    I used up guerlain abellie royale serum- it is glorious but the price is a little high to justify a replacement at present. it has been discontinued and it is a real disappointment as one application settles down my inflamed skin. It was a real miracle cream that just suits my skin. The old serum super aqua serum is available but i have used it for years and like new technology.

used up handwash it was very fortunate i got a bottle of aldi abbott and broom, the rose one is yummy smelling. much nicer than the old one.

i finished the pixie glow tonic it is ok. it does not strip the skin or feel stingy or sensitive. it is gentle, it is meh, i have an other bottle unopened and am not in a rush to use it.

i miscalculated the level of shampoo''- it was a conditoner, so i have just a half used one to finish and i can buy some decent volumizing shampoo as recomended by the hairdresser. i have litres of conditioner but a fraction of that in shampoo!

I had a declutter and going to give some items to the charity shop.
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    UU
    1 x mini perfume from Woolworths gift set 5ml approx- This was part of a set I got for my 9th birthday. Now at 27, finally used it up. Still got 3 more of those minis to use up. I'm decanting them into an atomiser because they are in awkward packaging.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • Gemzie121
    Gemzie121 Posts: 668 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 January 2017 at 8:19AM
    Options
    Sstevo19- im currently wearing the sugar plum one, its gorgeous isnt it, love the smell!! The matching shower gel is lovely too! :)

I have a couple of little uu to report:

Lush bling toothy tabs sample- WBA as full size. These tasted strange at first but i quite liked them when i got used to them, kind of reminded me of aniseed. These are really useful for trips away/hospital etc i imagine because of the format. I enjoyed using them and actually didnt botice much in the way of sensitivity with my teeth, and i normally use sensodyne! May invest in some of these at some point and see what they are like in regular use. They seem to work well and easy enough to use!

Nivea creme soft shower cream 30ml mini- WBA as full size, this smelled really lovely and fresh. It lathers up really well and the scent lingers on your skin.

Got messagrs from DPD so i think one of my french lush orders will be here on monday. Still waiting for my german order to be dispatched. Seems to be incredibly fast postage from france. They still have gift sets in sock and other bits if anyone wants any lush from the sale, not enabling of course lol! Ive been very naughty but this should see me through this year for baths lol!!

Also heard about my new job this morning, they rang and said my confirmation of job offer email will be with me in the next 2 days then i must accept it by clicking on a link. They then forward my details for my references etc and dbs to be done, then ill have my start date discussed. Im really looking forward to doing an office based role again. Im even excited to pick out a hand cream, hand gel and lip balm for my desk from my stash :rotfl:
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I used up guerlain abellie royale serum- it is glorious but the price is a little high to justify a replacement at present. it has been discontinued and it is a real disappointment as one application settles down my inflamed skin. It was a real miracle cream that just suits my skin. The old serum super aqua serum is available but i have used it for years and like new technology.

used up handwash it was very fortunate i got a bottle of aldi abbott and broom, the rose one is yummy smelling. much nicer than the old one.

i finished the pixie glow tonic it is ok. it does not strip the skin or feel stingy or sensitive. it is gentle, it is meh, i have an other bottle unopened and am not in a rush to use it.

i miscalculated the level of shampoo''- it was a conditoner, so i have just a half used one to finish and i can buy some decent volumizing shampoo as recomended by the hairdresser. i have litres of conditioner but a fraction of that in shampoo!

I had a declutter and going to give some items to the charity shop.

I caught a little of the Pixi hour on QVC this week and the Pixi lady said that Glow tonic does not sting on everyone, it does not sting on me, but the results are great , I follow it with a spritz of hydrating toner and then the usual serum etc. I appreciate that everything does not work for everyone, so I am pleased that my money has not been wasted, really notice the difference when I stop using it.

The Guerlain pruduct sounds lovely, so maddening when a HG is taken out of the range:(
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I caught a little of the Pixi hour on QVC this week and the Pixi lady said that Glow tonic does not sting on everyone, it does not sting on me, but the results are great , I follow it with a spritz of hydrating toner and then the usual serum etc. I appreciate that everything does not work for everyone, so I am pleased that my money has not been wasted, really notice the difference when I stop using it.

The Guerlain pruduct sounds lovely, so maddening when a HG is taken out of the range:(

Hi maddiemay I used to love Pixi Glow tonic but have switched to Murad Clarifying Toner as it does clarify my skin. Did love the Pixi Glow before this but get better result with Murad. Saying that the Murad tingles more than Pixi (I'd never say that Either of them sting). I too top mine off with Liz Earle IBST following your previous tip for which I'm really grateful. Before using a glycolic Toner I had been wondering for years why I was even using one,

Need to order my Murad one today.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Gemzie121 wrote: »
    Sstevo19- im currently wearing the sugar plum one, its gorgeous isnt it, love the smell!! The matching shower gel is lovely too! :)

I didn't know they had a shower gel, I'll have to get one once my shower gel stash has gone down considerably :)

Congrats on the job!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport