We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening everyone,

PEPPAPIG I hope everything went well today and you made some amazing memories

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY oh that amaz*n are so sneaky putting the price back up so quickly. I laughed when I read about you making a Christmas cake and listening to Christmas songs :rotfl:

MURIE OMG they are fab you really do have an eye for pretty crafts, DD will be thrilled. Yes the peace and quiet will be shattered tomorrow though as I have Thumper from 6.15am tomorrow for the day while mum and dad go to Goodwood. I cant wait even though I will be shattered tomorrow night. Ooh that recipe looks so lush I have copied and pasted it and will make it next time we all get together thankyou.

VULPIX ooh that cheesecake sounds delicious too I bet it still tasted good! Oh what a shame about DD2 wanting to give up her job, will she not miss the money?

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, where is everyone I kept thinking my laptop wasn't refreshing the page properly :D I had a really lovely day with Thumper yesterday I have so missed being on my own with him, we had great fun and this diet must be working as I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be after getting up so early and running around after him all day :D and DD2 and OH had a fab day at Goodwood, I hope everyone has had a good weekend x
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, where is everyone I kept thinking my laptop wasn't refreshing the page properly :D I had a really lovely day with Thumper yesterday I have so missed being on my own with him, we had great fun and this diet must be working as I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be after getting up so early and running around after him all day :D and DD2 and OH had a fab day at Goodwood, I hope everyone has had a good weekend x

Thought of you this morning, how you would have reacted to my first sight of the week! Dead squatter, right outside bathroom door:eek:
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon My lovely christmas lovers,

Sorry I have been a bit quiet. I actually got up out of bed for a few hours on Saturday and Sunday. Felt very dizzy but back feels alot better than it was. Plasterers finished yesterday and it looks amazing! we are so happy with it. Been up resting on the couch all day today, getting better everyday so Im sure I will be back at work before I know it.

Free- Lol I keep thinking this year I am working so need to get a head start on things. July may be a bit too early, even for me lol Sounds like you had a lovely day with Thumper x
    Murie- Absolutely amazing! what a talented lady you are, they really do look fantatsic
    Peppa- Hope you had an amazing day, wold love to see some piccies xx
    GTQ- Glad you came to a decision. Christmas songs and christmas cake, sounds like a perfect afternoon x Oh no! A dead squatter outside your bathroom sounds horrendous!

The make your own story book I ordered for DD came but they sent the wrong thing so Im waiting to see what they want me to do. Also her ZhuZHu pets gift came. It has far more things attached than it stated so she will love it.
    DD has asked for a goldfish when she gets her new bedroom!
    Dont know if I mentioned that both DD and DS want a mini fridge in their bedrooms so that is another gift I can get them and fill with goodies. Ds wants one as he is the loft and wants to store drinks in it to save him having to come down 2 flights of stairs. DD wants one because DS wants one lol

watching stocking stuffer videos for great ideas. determined to buy fun or useful things as gifts this year.
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    04624181 wrote: »
    Oh no! A dead squatter outside your bathroom sounds horrendous.

Got home to find another in the bathroom, well I thought I did, was shocked when I was trying to get him out of the poison that it was still alive:eek: have left him to die in there, better have happened when I am going to bed:D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

So tired, wouldnt think I would be as all I did was get out of bed and lie on the couch lol.
    Dr has given me a months sick note, not 2 weeks as previously stated. he must be worried as he is notorious for not writing sick notes! I feel ok though.
    Going to spend the day doing pottering about. may put some christmas movies on too. we go away 2 weeks on saturday!
    GTQ- oh no! i hope the visitor has deceased when you revisitd it yuk!
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning. I have been busy at work wrapping everything up ready for the move back into our newly built kitchen. We have been cooking in another school and transporting and serving in the school foyer for a year! It's been a tough year. But our new kitchen and gym hall is amazing. Will actually be looking forward to going back after the school holidays lol.
    I am now finished up (we finish up the end of June up here).

I am now relaxing in a caravan in Hartlepool.
    It's our second Sun holiday this year. The kids just love it.
    I need to keep the costs low though. I had to pay a big unexpected bill before we left. Which has left me £70 to spend til Friday! I still need to go and get food. So going to go to Aldi and stock up on pasta. Will treat the kids to fish and chips on Friday night.
    Hoping to have a day at the site today as it's rainy. Going swimming and the kids brought some 2p's for the arcade. Then hopefully head to the beach and parks through the week. Fingers crossed the sun comes back.

Hope you are all ok?

04624181, hope you are on the mend soon x
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all, please say hello to baby Joshua, born last Monday weighing 8lbs 1oz:

IMG-20170621-WA0001_zpsgpugysna.jpg

I know some of you have seen him on Instagram but it's only right he's introduced to the Christmas thread. :D

The timing wasn't great as we were in hospital for the mega heatwave so we were desperate to get out in the end but we've been home a few days now and the weather has definitely cooled off! I'm currently looking out the window at clouds and rain! Is it too much to ask for a sunny day but not too hot? I love being British and never happy with the weather! :rotfl:

I haven't really been able to catch up so I hope you're all ok and i'll hopefully be able to keep up again now, I have more hours in the day now that i'm up half the night again! :p

Aww congratulations princesskitty. He is just gorgeous xx
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aww PK he is indeed the most beautiful baby.

Well it's good to hear the mouse population is on the decrease at last.Good to see them too,you don't want them to go off hiding themselves in places you can't get at!

0462 I am pleased that you are up and pottering.Make the most of it.You will be the most ready for Christmas that you have ever been.It must be hard though not to set to and be decorating and lugging furniture about in your new rooms.

Free whats the secret to the diet then? I try to stick to about 1000 calories a day with a bit more at week ends and all that does is maintain my weight.I can't do "exercise" any more,I am at a loss.If I eat less my stomach ulcer complains.Perhaps I need a little grandson to run round after.:)

We persuaded DD2 to stick with the job.I think there is a boy involved somewhere;).

Well the bootsale was great.We sold loads and I made 90 odd pounds and DD1 made 40 odd.I did have a lot more stuff than her.
    I have spent this morning looking for more stuff to do another one.

I also had all my Christmas stuff out.:( It is meagre.I know I said it would be just token gifts and give them all money but I like to see a fair amount of stuff.I am struggling for DD1's BF.

I wish now that I had bought more Duff beer from Lidl when I saw it.

Nic 2075 Have a lovely holiday.I went on a couple of sun holidays years ago when my eldest 2 were small.Good times.I tried this year and failed.It has speeded up considerably these days with the internet ans I wasnt prepared!

Murie I am completely useless at anything I T .It is amazing I can do this!I will get DD1 on the case so I can see all your photos.I cant even use my iphone.The family despair.

I am going in the loft now.Mining for treasure for the next sale.

Vx
     :
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Evening all 😁

The renewal day was lovely, we really enjoyed it and everyone liked my dress, especially DH so I must have made the right choice. I'll post a pic once I remind myself how to do it lol. At the moment we're having a couple of days in the Cotswolds but we're off home tomorrow.

GTQ that sounds awful, the dead one would be bad enough but the not quite dead one must have been even worse. Still as VULPIX said the silver lining is that at least you didn't have to hunt for them.

0462 I'm so glad you're able to move from your bed and how fab that the plasterers have finished and made a good job of it. Make sure you don't push yourself too hard though, you need to be able to enjoy your holiday and your doc has signed you off for a month for a reason! Sounds like you've got quite a few pressies mapped out now, the fridges are a great idea.

NIC looking forward to going to work is def a bonus lol. Hope the sun shines for you for the rest of the week.

VULPIX yay to the boot sale success! Decluttering is great but decluttering and earning £90 is better still lol.

I bought a (possible) Christmas pressie today (first one) - it's a Belgian chocolate set in what looks like a hat box - small bars of eating choc, sachets of drinking choc and a mug. It was reduced from £24 to £10 so I bought one. Expiry date is Jan 2018 so will be ok for Christmas just not sure who for. Hope it's not going to be one of those that ends up not being any good for anyone. :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family