* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Peppa- Thanks x

GTQ- You never know you might be surprised at SW weigh in x

I have put together the centre pieces for DDs Great Gatsby party and they have gone better than I thought they would. I have a slight problem in that I haven't got enough ostrich feathers to complete the second one so have had to order 5 more. I am also making large paper flowers which are easy enough- I have made 4 so far (gold and pink theme, not GG style but I wanted that area to be a 'birthday 'area rather than general GG theme. Each flower uses 22 sheets of A4 paper so I decide to use wrapping paper instead which looks OK. I have sprayed one of the plain flowers gold this morning (in the garden) but the whole house smells of spray paint now so I have all the windows open and the fan going and I am frozen!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,756 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Peppapig wrote: »
    POLLYCAT welcome to the thread - apologies if you've posted before and I missed it, my memory isn't what it was lol.
    Aw, thanks so much.

I have to confess that I was killing time until OH dragged himself out of bed so I could wash the bedding and wondered what you were all chatting about. :o

But you seem a lovely bunch of people so I'll be back.

I came back home from holiday a couple of weeks ago all fired up to get rid of loads of 'stuff' that I've not used or worn for ages.
    I'm off to our local hospice shop later when/if it stops raining with my 5th shopping trolley load of unwanted items.
    I cleared all my kitchen cupboards out yesterday to get rid of some plates, dishes, glasses etc (my sis is going to take a look to see if she wants anything before it goes to the hospice charity shop) and have washed all my Denby which is going to be our day-to-day stuff.

I've also cleared out my shoes/boots/sandals and have one pair of boots to go to the charity shop and 6 pairs of boots and 5 pairs of sandals to put on ebay. :eek:

This is in addition to the footwear I outed a while ago and put in bags in the garage to list on ebay.
    I 're-found' these at the weekend when I was going through the piles of stuff in the garage. :o

We took 3 suitcases and 3 pieces of exercise equipment to the hospice shop last week.
    I was pleased to see it later on sale and if they manage to sell it all, it will make them almost £25. :T

I've told the OH not to stay in one place too long in case he finds himself in the trolley on the way to the charity shop. :)
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome to the thread Pollycat! Sounds like you are making great progress with the clear out. :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Peppa – We don’t know what we are having, will be a nice surprise.

GTQ – Love the hot chocolate mug idea, especially since they are only 90p each! I seem to think the odd Christmas card starts appearing end July/Beginning August, so not long to go. Well done on the weight loss so far, maybe have a look on places like ASOS who have some sales on and just get a couple of essential items to keep you going mid weight loss.

Princesskitty – Congratulations on baby Joshua, I know I said on IG too. I didn’t envy you being in during the heat wave!!! He is adorable.

Vulpix – Princesskitty has had her little arrival, I’m still waiting at the mo.

3forholidays/0462 – I’m due tomorrow, but baby seems to be sat too comfortably for arrival soon.

Free - :rotfl: a yellow tree is never any good!!

0462 – glad the pain is easing.

Murie – Ooo would love to see some photos when you have done, sounds fab.

Pollycat – You’ve done well with your sort out!! I often find some bits I put to one side on my last sort out, usually where I wasn’t 100% if to rid but then I realise I still haven’t missed it so they can go then.

Going to have a tidy upstairs and a mop downstairs. Then relax with my feet up. Watched a Christmas film the other day, may have to get another one out later!
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone,

PEPPAPIG oh dear that isn't good 4 falls in 6 weeks I hope DH gets sorted out quickly, isn't it your big day on Saturday? Are you all ready?

VULPIX well done on losing the 5lb that is great. I couldn't have chocolate oranges in the house this early either they would be too much temptation

04624181 I'm glad you have got rid of some of the pain at least you are heading in the right direction

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY good luck for weigh in tonight

MURIE oh your decorations sound fab and very clever I hope we are going to get some pics of your clever makes

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all,

Awaiting some packages being delivered. Still trawling through ebay for christmas bargains. Still resting in bed, dvd collection needs updating! lol
    Kerri GT- That is a great idea and will start looking into iit now.
    murie-posh afternoon tea sounds lovely and an amazing idea. Your DD centrepieces sound amazing.
    GTQ- good luck with weigh in x
    Peppa- Just glad im not mobile enough to see the disgrace my house is in as we are storing things in every room! Just styaing in my own little world of my bedroom lol
    pollycat- Thats it you are stuck with us now. Sounds like an amazing clear out you have had. Well done you xx
    Newthrift- glad to hear im not the only one watching christmas films.
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh gosh I have lost a massive long individualised post Grrrrrrrrrr.

Basically it was well done to weight losses,great news about better health,best wishes for imminent arrival and pics from Murie please.Also welcome Pollycat.

I hope they can fettle your hubby Peppa.It's no fun falling over when you are an adult.

Today I went to physio.My thumb is much improved and my neck is on the mend from when I came a cropper in the bath.

We have also been to visit Mr V's son.His Grandma died a couple of days ago.She brought him up.His aunties were at the house clearing out.They were saying that it makes them want to go home and have a good clear out themselves.

I think we all have too much stuff.I am on a constant mission to streamline at home.I have given DD1 a lot of stuff recently for her house and when my son comes back from Canada I hope to palm some onto him.What he doesnt want can then go.By the time DD2 leaves home I am sure we will have plenty more to give her too.

I picked up some nice boxed coasters for the shopping bag gifts from a catalogue store.

I must get my stash out and see where I am up to with it.

Peppa have a lovely day.

Vx
     :
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Weigh in wasn't too bad, maintained, which I was happy enough about considering I felt like a beached whale. Also realised that I had over sinned dramatically, was picking up some greek style natural yoghurt yesterday evening when I realised that I hadn't picked up fat free ones the week before, fat free ones are sinless, the others aren't :( Didn't make that error again :)

Got a moral dilemma. Was in a well known sports shop picking up some bits which included a pair of adidas flip flops (I know, not that MSE!). Spent less than I expected, but as there was a sale on, didn't think too much of it. Looked at the receipt when I got home & wasn't actually charged for the flip flops which were £14. Guilt set in about going back to pay for them, but on the other hand, the staff only get minimum wage so someone could get the sack. My instinct says leave well alone, the company can afford to lose £14, staff member probably can't afford to lose jog, but I am confused :(

Debenhams have their sale on, think I will get a couple of John Rocha vases as Christmas gifts, bought one for a friends birthday and it is really nice.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I'm probably a moral vacuum GTQ but going back wouldn't even have crossed my mind :p

MURIE the centrepieces and decs sound fabulous, I just bought mine from home bargains lol. I'm with VULPIX and FREE, can we have pics please, your crafting skills are so good.

Wow POLLYCAT, you are def on a roll with the decluttering! I'm like that though, if I get the urge to clear then I clear with a passion lol. I must admit I do find I feel much more relaxed when I'm not storing loads of stuff.

FREE, yes we're all ready for tomorrow thank you, unless I've forgotten something lol. Just need to agree how much we're going to 'put behind the bar' as money isn't plentiful but we'd like to pay for all the drinks if we could afford it.

0462 I think that's the best way - if you can't see it then it isn't there :D

NEWTHRIFT hopefully you will have your arrival very soon - bet you'll get fed up with people saying things like 'are you still here?' lol.

Thanks VULPIX, glad your thumb is getting better - I'm sure there are some projects waiting for you to get back to fitness :D

All this talk of Christmas films and pressies is finally making me feel a little tingle of anticipation, maybe I will be ready to start all things Christmas once July is here after all, yay!
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon my christmas lovelies,

Well the plasterers are here working their magic. lots of banging around upstairs but husband said they are making good progress. Ordered my dog a new water repellent mat, you can unzip the cover and wash it so we decided to give it a go. It arrived this morning and looks good. Won a couple of pokemon items from china for a couple of £s each so they will be great stocking fillers.
    I have ordered DD this as a stocking filler too as she absolutely loves writinghttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Make-Your-Story-Drawing-Book/dp/B003OV6TCA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498829920&sr=8-1&keywords=grafix+make+your+own+story

Beyond excited! Also ordered her some crayola glitter crayons too!

VULPIX- sorry to hear Mr Vs sons gran has died, sad news. Glad to hear your thumb and neck is feeling better. I cannot wait until I am feeling better so I can have a huge clear out!
    GTQ- Just nipped on to debenhams for a nosey, there are some lovely things.
    PEPPA- yes peppa jump on the christmas wagon! its getting exciting now lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport