We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Another one bites the dust!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone,

Well Im still in my PJS! Going to jump in the shower and then have some lunch. On the phone all morning ticking different things off the to do list. Just 2 more to do phew!
    Nothing more christmassy to report, having fun with this amazon seller who sent me the wrong parcel. They want me to pay postage and packaging and send it back and then they will send the other one out LOL Not going to happen!
    Just waiting for my china orders to arrive and then I can put those away.
    Feeling so much better but itching to clean this house and get painting lol!
    Nic2075- Thank you- hope you have a lovely break x
    Vulpix- well done with your job negotiations, can you come and persuade my sister to get a job! lol You did well at your bootsale, cant blame for you for hunting for new stuff for the next one.
    Peppa- So glad you had an amazing day. Cotswolds sounds lovely too. Cannot wait to see your pics x Belgian chocolate set sounds amazing x
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,400 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    GTQ:T:dance:_party_
     :
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone,

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY omg I would have needed a defibulator ??sp?? if I had come across that and then the one that wasn't quite dead ewwww!!!!

VULPIX haha I have no secret I think not getting on the scales and no disappointment helps me to stick to it, plus having a little pile of syns at the end of the day helps me stay on track. Well done on making that much at the car boot sale it makes it all worth getting up so early doesn't it?

04624181 glad to hear you are up and about a little bit now, go careful. My kids used to have mini fridges in their bedrooms when they were younger too

NIC have a fab holiday, enjoy making memories with the kids

PEPPAPIG glad you enjoyed your big day and are having a few days in the Cotswolds, you deserve it.
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, blimey its so quiet on here no one has posted for two days :o I hope everyone is well and just busy soaking up the sunshine.......not me haha. The kids are back had a lovely time in Paris and Disneyland evidence of this all over the house now :o. Just about to put the tennis on as its too hot for housework :D
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I agree FREE, I've got a little bit of ironing to do but it's going to have to wait. Does your place resemble the Disney Store at the mo? :D

Have been pottering round getting jobs done and I've got a dolls house to finish decorating and some pictures to put up. Babysitting this evening then plumber coming in the morning to quote for moving the kitchen plumbing to its new room and replacing the bath with a shower. Original plumber is just too hard to get hold of and unreliable. I can't believe we're two months down the line and the only person I've been able to book for the big kitchen move is the electrician! 0462 I'm totally jealous of your plasterers/carpenter - could you throw them this way lol?

GTQ what's the score now?

DBIL found a stunned/dead pigeon in their garden yesterday, it spent the day laid in a box in the cool stone shed. Need to message them and find out how it is, I suspect dead though.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all. :)

Got a letter and form for re-assessment of ESA yesterday. Could do without that stress. :(

Did some shopping today. Got some Almond Conditioning Hand Wash in Body Shop at 30% off 2. One of the few nice handwashes I can find that doesn't have soap in. My skin really doesn't like soap. :rotfl:

Had some ideas for Christmas presents. Decided I'm going to make my sister in law another papercut. She likes the floral skull I did a few years back so hopefully she'll like my idea for this time. If I start thinking about it now it might be done by December. ;)

Got my next GP appt. on Wednesday. I'll let you all know after if I'm referred to Cardiology.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Oh dear CLUMSY, letters from the DWP are rarely good news. Hope all goes well on Wednesday and cardio or not let's hope someone can give you some answers and get you sorted.

Update on the pigeon......I messaged my sis to ask her how it was and her reply was 'stiff' apparently BIL has given it a woodland burial :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,400 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oooo Clumsy those letters are stressful I agree.I was so stressed when I had forms for tax credits back in the day.Fingers crossed for your GP visit.

Free,Disney land! Fantastic,it is 20 years since I have been,I would love us all to go again sometime.You really get into it when you are there and of course you have to exit every ride through a shop!I worked in California in the 80's and went to Disneyland there,I remember having a frozen banana on a stick!:rotfl:

Peppa it's difficult finding reliable people to do work.Once I have decided to do something I want it done now which doesn't help.Why and where are you moving the kitchen?I'm a sucker for house renovations.Poor bird,at least it didn't meet it's end with a cat.

We are not having much of a summer up here.Not cold but not sunny.I have decided to get my finger out and do some decorating.A bit every day.Whats the phrase about eating an elephant one bite at a time.I HATE DECORATING.We had someone to do the stairs before Christmas and I am not over impressed.All the paint on the banister was chipped as he didnt use undercoat.I questioned it at the time and he said it would be fine,I didnt see him do any sanding either.I have scraped all the paint off with a veg knife and think I may leave it brown.It has been heavily varnished and tbh it looks ok with the spindles white.

I have picked up a few bits for Christmas.Some soaps and a soap dish,Sanderson £2 from fb and some little bubble baths from Avon,think they were 75p.I also got as a joke pressie for my son a frame and scissors to grow a topiary squirrel. He has been saying he wants to come home and plant a garden.That was £3.50 .

I received a postcard from him yesterday from a place called North Pole in Alaska.He knows I would like that:o

Take Care all Vx
     :
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Peppapig wrote: »
    GTQ what's the score now?

Still on 3, not convinced any poison has been eaten since either, so who knows?

Saw Superdrug have false eye lashes for £2. We always buy a silly cheap gift, so will get them for my mum. It can remind her of the one & only time she tried them, was in the sixties, dad & my uncle had gone to pub Sunday lunchtime, so she put them on. No comment from the boys when they got back, so she sat there fluttering her eyes at my dad, only for him to utter the immortal words, " have you got something in your eye?":rotfl: They were ripped off & chucked in bin:D:D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport