* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I haven't bought a real tree for quite a few years as my friend always comes to stay for a few days at the very beginning of December and Christmas starts then so the tree would be bare by Christmas if it was real.

I always hanker after a real one though, I love the process of going to get it, getting it home and unleashing it, lol. Now, today I have found out that my friend probably won't be coming this year so now is my chance to have that real tree. I am a bit upset about her not coming but I have to look on the bright side. Real tree!
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Welcome PINKANGEL, SPEKY and VM and any other newbies ive managed to miss.

SPEKY I can recommend Primark tree decs, I bought some today and they were really reasonable (box of six good size vintage style baubles for £3) but they had cheaper ones too and they were lovely as well. Home Bargains have some nice decs at good prices too.

VM can't be much help I'm afraid, it's ages since I had little ones at nursery and to be honest I can't even remember what we did.

CLUMSY I wouldn't worry about the Echo, I've had a couple and kept my bra on both times.

MRSINVISIBLE procrastination definitely doesn't sound like you you're always so busy. Maybe you just need some time to chill and do nothing.

VULPIX yoga was good thanks, I've got my mat now so I'm planning to go every week. It's very gentle yoga with a mature clientele (I'm one if the youngest) but it's a good level for me. I'm hoping it's going to help me be centred, calm and much more supple.

Well I've had a lovely time shopping with DD again today and I've finished off several pressies and got quite a few more to 'almost complete' stage so I'm feeling very pleased with myself plus I've actually got something to wrap at our next wrapping party. :D I'll post some pics of a few bits if I can remember how to do it. Apologies in advance if I bore everyone :o
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    aarggghhh lost my post

too tired to redo it now so will catch up tomorrow
    Tc all
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    It's ok peeps, you're safe from my pics, I can't remember my photobucket log in :( (might try and rejoin later, can't put the pics on IG because the recipients will see them :D)

Happy Wednesday everyone.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Photobucket no longer support hosting photos for third party sites unless you pay for your account hunlots of eBay users have been affected by it and instead of their photos it just shows a generic photobucket photo that the account does not support their photos.

Hope everyone is good today.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Resting up today after yesterday's little hospital procedure, so seeing as I'm not at work I'm using the time to plan the rest of my Christmas pressies and do a spot of online shopping to move things along.

Going to buy a whole load of beauty things from Superdrug today (we love their cruelty free own brand stuff & free delivery for loyalty card holders - so helpful!). So I'm getting my mum some body lotions/butters and a night cream as she's asked for those.

I'm also taking this moment to stock up on my everyday toiletries to last me over Christmas as that'll be a few less things to worry or think about over the busy period!

I'm trying to think what to get next for OH's mum. I've bought her some lovely stationery bits and I think I will get her a beauty gift of some kind. But as she's been a little more strapped for cash lately and has even taken on a second job etc. to pay for everything, I'm thinking of making her a little foodie hamper. As much as it will be a lovely gift to receive, underneath it all I'm hoping it'll actually help her out a little bit too.

I'm thinking of the M&S Christmas teabags, biscuits, maybe some chutneys, etc. :)
  • kpwll
    kpwll Posts: 4,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

I'm jealous of all of you being so prepared, we are still in the process of finishing off an extension (kitchen, wet-room, utility) and the rest of downstairs and then have to start on the upstairs. So we've got 'junk' everywhere.
    Some bright spark (me) decided it would be a good idea to demolish an 8' wardrobe fitment in our bedroom when the skips were here.
    What an idiot, we've got less room now because of all the hanging rails, storage bags etc in 2 bedrooms. Son's bedroom is full of his junk.
    I've got no hidden cubby holes to hide things in, so haven't started (apart from chocs) any preparations :( .

Alja, hope it all went ok and you're not too uncomfortable. Take it easy and if you can, have a bit of spoiling for yourself.
    I think the food hamper is a lovely idea. Useful and you can place treats that she wouldn't buy for herself (or others).

Have a great day everyone, will pop back in later. :)
  • kabinsons1
    Options
    Longevity for this Christmas, ohhhh! I wait for this from a long time.
  • kabinsons1
    Options
    Kindly give me some idea about the Christmas so that I make this successful.
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon Christmasteers :D

Been to Mr T today and picked up their big bags of chocolates (Quality Street, Roses, Celebrations and the cabury mix bars) which are on 2 for £5. There is 484g in the quality street and 450g in the others so it does work out a teeny tiny bit more expensive per gram than if you buy their tins when they are on £3.50 each but with the Coeliac in the house this means we can all have things we like :)

Also picked up a Lego City Mobile Command Centre thing that was reduced to £22.40 (jonh lewis have it on the same price) for DD, she did ask for the Police station but its £56 :eek: and I already had one lego set already bought so we opted for this one.

Just need to order her the Star Wars Cluedo from The Entertainer which is currently on offer for £9.99 and get her a white toblerone from the poundshop and I think she's about done with her presents from us.

Bless her, DD showed me her list for Father Christmas last night and it consists of: Some colouring pens, A colouring book, some pokemon colouring cards, A maths activity book, Some school supplies, a pokemon phone case, a pencil grip (those things that help you hold the pencil properly when you learn to write) and a left handed pen (she's right handed, we have no idea on this last one :rotfl: ) and she hopes he will bring her a few things from her list :o
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure