* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• kabinsons1
    Options
    Hi and welcome newbies! :hello:

mandco that’s a really good point actually, you don’t have to do something every day. That makes it feel more achievable!

vulpix glad you had a lovely time in Scotland! I’d love to go to Chatsworth House at Christmas but sadly don’t live close enough! I bet it’s lovely.

PinkAngel thanks for the heads up about M&S food ordering being live, I like to get some M&S bits at Christmas!

Peppa yes for some reason I never thought that I didn’t have to do something every day! I think I will wait for next year too when Wiggle is 4 as he might understand it a bit better then. Bless your DD, it must be hard working such long hours in such an emotionally demanding job.

I decided to go for a walk for Squeak’s nap this morning as I need to get some exercise and I couldn’t resist popping into the charity shop, which is fine except that I bought two more Christmas books! I got ‘Mistletoe Mansion’ by Samantha Tonge and ‘Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market’ by Heidi Swain. This is to add to the one I’m already reading on Kindle and the other two paperbacks I have on my bookshelf! For some reason I’m incapable of leaving Christmas books behind!

I am very happy to know that you are now so glad and your time is so lovely.
  • Snorkypants
    Options
    Murie, the phrase "sparkly table cloth addiction" really put a smile on my face!

I made a trip to M&S on Friday and got one of the Stag shortbread tins on half price. I also got a nice box of chocs on half price so that's my other-half's Aunt and Uncle taken care of.

And I also got a box of the extremely chocolaty biscuits for us (also half price), we have to have a box every year. There's only two of the shortbread circles in each box and there's 3 of us but luckily my step son hasn't sussed out that they are the best ones yet so we don't have to fight over them.
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,314 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just lost a post Grrrrrrrrrrr

In a nutshell it said

Sneaky Snorky!

How was Yoga Peppa.

Vx
     :
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just been into the city on a christmas shopping run . . forgot DD's list, so bought nothing more for her except some sweets for her stocking :o Got 2 links taken out of DS's watch for free by HSamuel (as I bought it from them, its £20 if you haven't) so thats all ready for wrapping and then 'accidentally' went into M&S and bought 2 boxes of biscuits on the 2 for £8 offer and 2 of the 2 for £3.50 small packs of biscuits to tide us over until the big ones can be opened :o

Tried to have dinner out at the american diner and they had run out of burger buns :eek: how the heck does a burger joint run out of buns? So ended up coming home and eating at the local pub grub instead, we still got burgers so its all good :D
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Vintage - I was in Wilko earlier and saw some beautiful gift wrap - if I hadn't already got mine it would have come home with me I am sure.

Home bargains had a candle advent calendar in for 3.99 was tempted to get for my mum, will probably regret not picking it up.

Managed to pick up some little gift bags in there though for 39p each - just the right size to put the gift cards in that I will buy so they look more "gift like"

Also got a small gift box in card factory for partners mum's charm I bought that has been delivered today (minus a box doh!) And for my bracelet that I am putting up for Christmas as part of it is off my dad and part of it I have bought identical for my mum and sister so can't wear it now.

Other half sent me a picture whilst he was shopping at weekend of a little tool bag he wanted so have picked that up today too plus taken delivery of his new dressing gown (it's sooooo soft I am actually tempted to buy myself the same after Christmas)
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • PinkAngel8
    Options
    afternoon, Im loving seeing what you have all been buying! Next online have some fantastic stocking fillers and secret santa gifts, Ive spotted a few bits for my teens, its my first day off after a crazy work week between my two jobs, so Im watching Arthur Christmas and writing out some lists �� xx
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, I managed to get to The Range this weekend, loved all the Christmas bits but didn't buy anything but I did come out with a beautiful silver stag, I just couldn't leave it there, it was shouting at me, so that is about no7 now of different stags. I also got the Coca Cola wrapping paper (thanks mandco), when we got outside DD1 saw it and said she wants to wrap all her present in it, I told her to go back in but she said she will get some next time (we will see if there is any left)
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kpwll- thank you for the well wishes, just want it over and done with now

The Coca Cola paper sounds really fun! I'll look out for that :)

After writing my old school friends' cards this weekend, I ended up writing my neighbour cards too! Think my OH thinks I'm crazy!

I had a little snoop around the M&S gifts today on my lunch break. Still holding out for their 50% off weeks! I did manage to buy myself two tips for £4.50 though, they have a good sale at the moment which might be helpful for gifts :)
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,314 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ooo for Coca Cola lovers i have seen a Coca Cola lorry snow globe in Dunelm.Cute.
     :
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For anyone already making an Amazon order over, I think, £20, it's worth looking at their children's Add On items. I just received (along with my birthday treat to myself Joules gilet, lol), two packs of 700 Peppa Pig stickers. They were £1.69 each, and a nice stocking filler for my two youngest grandsons who are equally Peppa mad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure