On-grid domestic battery storage

Options

Comments

• joefizz
    joefizz Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    EVandPV wrote: »
    ..... not worth the paper it's written on ?

True ;-)
    Its a pdf of a scan of a signed document ;-)

One of the main conditions is that the battery has to be installed by a pylontech engineer. Thats me out unless I can find a way to become pylontech certified.
    Something I wouldnt mind looking at if there was an uptick in this sort of business.
  • JKenH
    JKenH Posts: 4,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JKenH wrote: »
    I was looking at 24kwh Leaf’s last night available under £6k with about 30k miles on them which would make a cheap home battery and no installation costs other than the the V2H charger. (I hope I understood that right). Presumably the charger would still attract a grant?

If I was prepared to insure it I could have some free local motoring as well. That would probably work for you as well. I would still have to keep the diesel Golf for long runs though.

Part 1 of the plan is in place; I‘ve bought a not so old Nissan Leaf. Collecting it Saturday. Now I can order a V2H charger.
    Northern Lincolnshire. 7.8 kWp system, (4.2 kw west facing panels , 3.6 kw east facing), Solis inverters, Solar IBoost water heater, Mitsubishi SRK35ZS-S and SRK20ZS-S Wall Mounted Inverter Heat Pumps, ex Nissan Leaf owner)
  • joefizz
    joefizz Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Part 1 of the plan is in place; I‘ve bought a not so old Nissan Leaf. Collecting it Saturday. Now I can order a V2H charger.

Would nearly be worth installing a 2nd connection and splitting the solar system if it affected fit etc. Would need to sit down and do the sums out, particularly as its only a trial in places.

If you had the room or just broke the leaf that would nearly pay for it all.
    Interesting! Explains why some of the breaker prices for certain of the old batteries have increased.

Last thing I need is another car but just about have the room (definitely room to break it - battery would go on an insulated wall in the garage), as you say just depends how cheap it would be to insure, limit mileage to about 2k a year....

Going back to the pylontechs and nicks comment here or in the bev thread, bottled it nick! Came back last night and it was over 20% so set min soc back to 20%
  • EVandPV
    EVandPV Posts: 2,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    joefizz wrote: »
    Would nearly be worth installing a 2nd connection and splitting the solar system if it affected fit etc.

From what I've read on the speakev thread, you lose the deemed export part of the fit but not the generation.
    Think my main concern would be how much of a hammering the battery might take.
    Scott in Fife, 2.9kwp pv SSW facing, 2.7kw Fronius inverter installed Jan 2012 - 14.3kwh Seplos Mason battery storage with Lux ac controller - Renault Zoe 40kwh, Corsa-e 50kwh, Zappi EV charger and Octopus Go
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,078 Forumite
    Options
    From what I've read on the speakev thread, you lose the deemed export part of the fit but not the generation.
    Think my main concern would be how much of a hammering the battery might take.
    I'm a bit puzzled, why would you lose the deemed export? V2H is no different to a domestic battery system.
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • EVandPV
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    I'm a bit puzzled, why would you lose the deemed export? V2H is no different to a domestic battery system.
    That was mentioned on the OVO V2G trial thread.
    I wasn't aware V2H was available yet ??

Screenshot-20191114-083049.png
    Scott in Fife, 2.9kwp pv SSW facing, 2.7kw Fronius inverter installed Jan 2012 - 14.3kwh Seplos Mason battery storage with Lux ac controller - Renault Zoe 40kwh, Corsa-e 50kwh, Zappi EV charger and Octopus Go
  • JKenH
    Options

Presumably because OVO pay you for the export instead.

Edit; beaten to it
    Northern Lincolnshire. 7.8 kWp system, (4.2 kw west facing panels , 3.6 kw east facing), Solis inverters, Solar IBoost water heater, Mitsubishi SRK35ZS-S and SRK20ZS-S Wall Mounted Inverter Heat Pumps, ex Nissan Leaf owner)
  • JKenH
    Options
    That was mentioned on the OVO V2G trial thread.
    I wasn't aware V2H was available yet ??

Yes, someone posted a link earlier. Here it is again

https://wallbox.com/en_uk/quasar-dc-charger
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,078 Forumite
    Options
    Presumably because OVO pay you for the export instead.

Edit; beaten to it
    Is this scheme V2G as well as V2H? If so, I can understand the loss of deemed export.

I use a different company for FIT payments to minimise the risk of moving to metered export. It'll still take another 5 years of batteries to get my overall export down to 50%.
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • EVandPV
    Options
    Is this scheme V2G as well as V2H? If so, I can understand the loss of deemed export.

I use a different company for FIT payments to minimise the risk of moving to metered export. It'll still take another 5 years of batteries to get my overall export down to 50%.

The 2 year trial is V2G with the possibility of allowing you to use the charger for V2H thereafter but nothing confirmed yet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback