The Illuminative Project.

Options

Comments

• MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon, being ill always kills my motivation/positive attitude. Let us know how you get on xx
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Hi Cheeseface and Misty!!

Cheeseface.. That's the idea in that I've made a list but it's not something I'm massively concerned about. It's things that would be nice. I'm aware this is a long journey ahead..

And Misty.. This morning has gone as well as it could. I had my occupational health appointment and we have discussed matters re returning to work. Everyone seems to think it should be around mid-feb. I wanted it to be more around end of Jan. A couple of weeks won't do any harm I guess. I had a meeting with my nurse and booked some followup appointments. I need to plot these on the calender and in my diary.. I've still not used it! I managed to obtain a stress ball.. Which I've kindly gave to my uncle who struggles with arthritis. We think this may help physio wise. So I had a cup of tea and catch up with them and sorted out some things for him. That's my good deed for the day. I've also had my chest xray done so that's out the way.

Overall it's been a busy morning. I've forgotten to take my antibiotics so will do that in a moment.

Then the plan is to pick up my floordrobe and sort into colours and washes. There's a dark load waiting to wash. How exciting.

I also need to blend down a stew we made yesterday and had for tea. I've pulled out some meals from the freezer for tonight.

Last night we did a freezer and fridge inventory. I'll work out a meal plan for that at a later date.

This morning whilst waiting for appointments I've also been through my banking and organised them nicely. I can see what I have left for the rest of the month. I've put back the money that went out direct debit wise so they are all nice and clear and easy to read.

Overall it's been a productive morning.

I'm pondering on whether to cancel my mobile phone insurance. I have a year left on contract. I pay 6.99 a month so not a great amount but I wonder whether its worth paying now I've had the phone 12 months?? I have a pretty nifty case for it which has sustained many drops etc. It has a plastic screen on the actual case to protect phone and a thick back. It's a galaxy s6 I've got. When my contract is up for renewal I plan to cancel and go sim only.

Decisions decisions...
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Morning.

Just a quick one from me. I've finally been able to make an overpayment to the loan. In the end the total 0% money transfers I was able to make came to £6300. I decided to make an overpayment of £6150 which brings my monthly loan repayments to £49.45 if I decided to leave it to run the term at 44 months left (3.3%). I'm unsure what my new remaining balance will be, it needs to recalculate. When it does that I will update the total amount owing. I will then work out what interest is left on this.

I'll update later with the 0% cards, balances and when their term ends. I'm feeling pretty positive this morning.

My mum has kindly defrosted my car while I get the boy ready for school. Lots of brownie points for her ;).. I love her to bits. It's the small things we do for each other that count.

We have a funeral to attend to today of my dear uncle who sadly passed away. We are getting picked up at 11am for that so once I've finished the school run I'll get ready for that.

My chest is still wheezy and chesty. The cough is more productive and I'm clearing it slowly. I'm glad I've the antibiotics and steroids and hopefully caught it early enough.

Yesterday I managed to sort out my floordrobe and put it all to wash and dry. I then sorted out all my work related stuff and organised it neatly. I'd been putting it off for a while. There's just so much.

Me and the boy walked to his activity after school yesterday. I've become quite lazy and just drove as it's easier. Not anymore. It doesn't help with it going dark earlier though. It was a nice walk there and back and we had lots of fun. We tend to sing songs with one another and do a line each. The boy loves singing and dancing etc. He doesn't do dancing. However he is in a pantomime at the theatre here at the end of the month. I'm so excited. My friend is going.

I'll update properly again later.

Have a good day people :)
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    what an amazing read to catch up on :) x

sorry about your uncle though :(
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Thanks Monz. How are you doing?

Funeral went as well as it could. It just makes you realise how it takes a sudden event for family to come together. I'm going to make the effort to visit family more this year.

Me and my cousin have already decided we are going to hang out with one another this Sunday. I don't know what we will do but we'll figure that out closer to the time.

Tomorrow I'm visiting my best friend in the day and then tomorrow night, I'm going to my friends and we are having a games night and a takeaway which we will split. Not very MSE but we both decided we'd do this once a month as a minimal catch up. At least then we can always put it in the diary.

Alot of this in some ways is about me building better relationships with others as I tended to drift away and isolate myself during my darkest moments. It's time to realise who is there for me and will stick by me through thick and thin.

It's also my best friends 40th this year. I've thought about treating her to a spa night away and babysitting her kids. I'm waiting on her husband to confirm whether this is something practical. I've a separate budget for this and she's done so much for me that she deserves this. It will be a surprise. They've not had one night sleep child free for nearly 10 years. I wouldn't usually do this but she's been my rock over the past five years and I owe alot to them.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    I am good thank you!

Thats good about your cousin see each other more :)!

That is very nice thing to do for your friend hope it works out for you :) x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Glad to hear your well Monz. I'll pop over to your diary later! I've only been dipping in and out on here.

Today my friend came to mine instead and we had a good catch up. Plenty of brews, moans and laughs. As it should be.

I've just picked the boy up from school and he went for a nap as he's exhausted. We're off out at 5pm. I don't want to disturb his cute little face.

I seem to have a new wave of confidence somehow. It's weird. I feel a different person to 8 weeks ago. I have plans to be made. I'm optimistic.

I've totalled up 2 NSD so far this week. Tonight I'm obviously having take away with another friend hence the spends.

I'm still watching the pennies though and keeping check on my bank account. I've been sweeping any spare change in my bank accounts over to a separate account which will go towards making extra payments. I think I'll start this from Friday to Friday and make an overpayment a week on the credit cards.

Not much else to report.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Afternoon!

Friday night went well, £19.30 for the takeaway. My friend said she'd go halves but hasn't yet mentioned paying for it. I'm not going to pursue it. Next time we go around and do something like this I'll gently hint it's her turn to pay for takeaway. We had a good night of catching up though.

Yesterday, the boy had football in the morning. We then went home and played some games with one another, did his homework, watched a bit of television and overall just chilled out (we also ate some of his overbearing chocolate stash from Christmas. I think we'll still have half of it by easter, argh!). We then nipped to M0rrisons for some bread and milk. Overall a pretty much lazy day that was needed.

Today the boy has gone to his dad's. I've just run a bath so I'm going to embark upon a mini beauty regime I've somehow formulated in hope to keep on top of things such as my eyebrows. They have a fantastic shape but grow so quickly so I have to tame them.

This afternoon I've a few things to do. I need to transfer money to the boys grandparents for buying us tickets to his show at the end of the month. I also still need to plot important dates on the diary and calendar. I may also do some baking and use up food we have in stores. I need to look at all my finances wise and formulate a plan.

I'll update more later with a clearer view.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    next takeaway you order remember not too miss out on free money

ie download topcashback.co.uk onto your phone

just eat is on topcashback
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Thanks Scott!

I do usually use topcashback, but for some reason didn't think about it on Friday night. I won't have another take away in a while. They are more treats than anything.

I've had a horrendous night sleep due to my chest. It's still wheezy and crackly. I've another appointment back at the doctors today. I feel really lucky with my doctors, although there is alot of pressure on NHS services lately, mine never fail to deliver an excellent service and they have been nothing but supportive through tough times. I sometimes ponder what I could do to show them I am thankful.. I think I will eventually write a letter of gratitude to them once I have everything sorted.

Last night I made some payments to the 0% money transfers cards. I'm awaiting the overpayment to my loan to update and then I can give ultimate totals and create a plan of action.

After my doctors appointment I shall be going to visit my grandad. He's not been too well and seems to be going downhill health wise although he won't admit it. He's 92 though and has never really been that poorly. I have this feeling it may possibly be a slippery road from now on.. There is lots going round and he doesn't really leave his house. I will see how he is today and pop back on Wednesday. He's not really ate much the last couple of days so I'll try to gently encourage this.

I've a few things I need to get done really. It's just doing them and having the motivation. I need to contact work about using some of my annual leave as pay. I need to put stuff back into my car and I also need to sort out my makeup and brushes etc. Just small things that aren't massively important.

I want to find easier ways to store things. I get these great ideas and get carried away sometimes.

Yesterday was a NSD bringing my total to 3 NSD. Today should be another NSD.

I need to check my banking and move money spent around between accounts. I also need to look at switching my bank. The 123 account is no longer beneficial for me. I will read up the MSE guides later for that.

I also need to enquire about ppi refund for my mum. The last time I did it they stated they had no records of a loan for her as they'd misspelt her name! So I will look into that later and find the paperwork.

I also will visit my aunt later with my mum and take a thank-you letter to her from the boy for his Christmas present.

It's been a slow start to the day but hopefully I'll get a few things done. And have an early night.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts