No more babies, and no more debt!!

Options
New diary time....
Long story short,
I have three children, and the last two maternity leaves has brought with it some more debt...

Well this is the end! No more babies, and no more debt!
It seems i lose focus when im on maternity leave. Ive had a low income all year, and have just returned to work.

Im usually very focused on finances have totally lost track of what i owe hence the new diary.

I havent been tracking what im spending on food, or anything to be fair, so now is the time.

Here goes - people i owe money to
Tesco cc
Mbna cc
Next
Very

Ill have a look at figures later, but im going to plod through them, and just sort this mess out for the sake of my family!
Still here..... but working on that!

Comments

• WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Dragon,

Well done on starting to look at your debt. Have you completed an SOA yet? It's a great way to see everything you owe, all of your income and all of your expenditure.
    Then, if you post it here, people can give you ideas of where you could cut back, in the hopes of clearing your debt quicker.

I am about £8K in debt, but hope to clear it by the end of 2017.

I've subscribed and look forward to reading more.
  • littleskintdragon
    Options
    Morning, thanks for the reply.

I have done soa's in the past, and will do another. Although im working today so it will probably be later/tomorrow.

This past week ive started to sort things out -

I have changed gas and electic deal - stayed with the same supplier, but changed tariffs.

Applied for a new cc to have 40 months interest free - i have been accepted but only for a limit of £1500, still it gives me breathing space on that £1500.

My mbna cc is on 0% currently also, but my tesco one isnt hence the need to move some off it.

My next account has £150.18 balance - i pay £25 a month off currently.

My v3ry account has £595 to pay off, this is mostly on bnpl. Ill have a look at that later to see how its broken down .

Goin into work now...
  • littleskintdragon
    Options
    I just gathered the courage to work out what i need to pay back, and its £9580 over 4 debts :eek:
    I didnt accumulate all of this on maternity leave, some of it has been around a while! :(

This doesnt include my car finance, but im plodding along with that and it will end. There's no balloon payment at the end.

Now to make a plan......

Im going to pay off the N3xt account first. that's the smallest debt. £150. If i can pay this off before xmas then i can start the new year with three debts, and start on the next one
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi love! Welcome back :) I wondered how you were getting along.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    I just gathered the courage to work out what i need to pay back, and its £9580 over 4 debts :eek:
    I didnt accumulate all of this on maternity leave, some of it has been around a while! :(

This doesnt include my car finance, but im plodding along with that and it will end. There's no balloon payment at the end.

Now to make a plan......

Im going to pay off the N3xt account first. that's the smallest debt. £150. If i can pay this off before xmas then i can start the new year with three debts, and start on the next one

Well, that's the scariest part over with :)
    Sounds like you've got a good plan. My £8k debt is over 3 CC's, and i am hoping to pay of 1 of these before Xmas too.

Then the big debt payoffs happen after Xmas. 2017 will be my year of debt repayments.
  • littleskintdragon
    Options
    Hi Bob, hope you're doing well. I'll be back on the nsk threads in dec (possibly Jan!) :rotfl:

Wanttobese - well done, do you have a diary that i can follow?

Today has gone well, dh has been paid :j his boss decided that now was a good time to change to monthly pay :mad: so weve been without money.
    Also my friend gave me some money she owes me. I paid £107 off the n3xt account, leaving a balance of £43. £25 will come out next week as a standing order leaving me £18 to pay off. :beer: ill pay that when i get paid.
    A fab start which obviously wont continue to be that easy.

Im waiting to see how much i get paid on the 25th to work out how much i need for bills/spare/food/debt/december fun!!

Also i spent £25 in l1dl today, on food for the week, which i think is good for a family of 5! I want to use up what i need before i start buying more. :money:
  • littleskintdragon
    Options
    Just adding total debt - £9473 1.1% paid
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yes I'm good thank you. My little one is just 13 months now. Goes so fast. Yes do come back and join in :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    Dragon, i do have a diary, it's in my signature :)
  • littleskintdragon
    Options
    Ill check it out se. Thanks x :)

No big news or spends here, im still waiting for friday (payday!)

Bank account is looking quite healthy, because child benefit went in. Makes a nice change to the 1p i had in there last week :rotfl:

Morthage and lots of bills come out on mon so it wont last long.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport