• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,537 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Your mortgage is coming down well.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £5.8K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.5K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Schoolworker
    Schoolworker Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have been plodding along making small overpayments to the mortgage. Paid £200 in March, £150 in April and £200 in may. Will need to report this more regularly to keep on track but it’s coming down nicely.

Hoping to make another bigger payment this month from a bit of hubbies bonus as well as interest gained from a regular saver - will do this shortly. 

Daughter enjoyed her big concert at the hydro with her friends. Got 5 more concerts to attend for 2023. Daughter is sitting her exams at the moment. Last week it was a big stressful in the house as maths exam was very hard and was very emotional when we came back from gymnastics training - so we are missing training for a few weeks until the exams are over. Seems a bit better and had her friends round to our house last night whilst we went out to the pics to see John wick 4. They looked after her brother with goodies.

the other week my car key broke, lucky I have a spare so ordered a new one - very expensive the new keys now and then to get it programmed to my car - nearly £300 but needs must. 

Got friends coming over tonight for takeaway and drinks and board games night , as we all off on Monday.  Hoping for a lazy day tomorrow.
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on the overpayments.

Hope you daughter's exam goes well 

Enjoy your takeaway tonight and the board games.

Take care.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Hiya just made an overpayment of £466.77 which was a bit of money from my reg saver account which just expired. 

On Saturday there we went to a family wrestling show which son loved and ended up staying over at nanas and had dinner at Italian restaurant which was good. 

We have booked a holiday to Tenerife during the Oct school holidays - using some of hubbies bonus for this and put some away in savings and make another payment to the mort to bring it down. 
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Made an over payment of £1000 at the end of may. It brings down the mortgage term - just need to keep plugging away at this as I would like this part of the mort to be paid off next year after our deal expires - use the savings if hubbie agrees. Then it's only 2 parts to pay off next. 

After the wrestling day I ended up with COVID for the first time. After that my anxiety was through the roof and still a bit high but coping ok. Then got a sickness bug. The joys. 

Daughter has survived the exams and now just need to wait until August for what the results are. Due back to school tomorrow for 3weeks. 

Counting down my work days until I finish for school holidays - only 10 work days for me. Roll on. 
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Hiya made an overpayment to the mortgage of £200 and £1000. It was part of hubbie bonus so will keep plodding on with my overpayments. I have only one more day of work before finishing up for the summer - looking forward to this.

my youngest son had his p7 leavers assembly and they were great and very emotional day as that’s us finished with the primary for over 11yrs. All grandparents enjoyed it and went out for a celebratory coffee and cake.

this Wednesday is his last day at primary school and then they are having a p7 treat from the parents - a silent disco. Trying to get my son to use his phone and make contact with some friends so he can make arrangements to meet up over the summer. 

On Tuesday night I’m off to see draggedto the steamie. I love the film the steamie but I believe this is an adaption of it with the drag queens. Hopefully it will be ok.

been on a spending spree to buy new holiday clothes for abroad for all the family, as well as starting to get school uniform - but it’s always the same at this time of year and then I can relax whilst away on holiday as got most of the uniform in. 
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on the OP's.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

Take care.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Well our 2 holidays were good. Lanazarote was eventful as son got sunburnt on first day and had sun blisters whilst daughter got a tummy bug. But other than that it was a good holiday with a trip to the volcanoes and had a camel ride me and my son.

Our other short holiday in August was to Aberdeen with my mother in law and meet up with my brother - it was great . Mother in law had never been to Aberdeen ver y busy and jammed packed doing lots of stuff. 

Daughter got her exam results mid August. All the stress was worth it. She got 8 A's in her nat 5s. She is doing 4 highers and 1 nat 5. 

Son started high school - this is his 4th day. He seems to like do that's good and hopefully it will continue. 
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Hiya going to my b's to make an overpayment to the mortgage of £350 as did not get a chance to get in July. Not much going into our savings as hubbie tax code was calculated wrong so was short.this month of over £700 - the joys. Hopefully sorted and will see what happens at the end of this month. 
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Lots has happened. I moved job in September. I'm working full time instead of 3 days term time but it's good to get out of the school atmosphere. My salary has jumped ten fold and had a probationary period which I passed and got a raise in Dec.
    I have still been making overpayments most months and hope to pay off part 3 when our deal finished mid year. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback