kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy New Year to you and the family.
    Well done on the overpayments.
    Take care x
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Hiya again. I know it's been a while since I was on. Just been putting money into another account until I'm.allow to go to pay in physically into the ISA and Mort. I think I have got £1000 to pay towards the mortgage when I'm able to or I will just keeping on putting money by until it's time.
    Not really up to much apart from lounging about, going to work and doing the food shopping - what fun.bye got now. 
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Hiya I'm continuing to pay money into an account on online and when able to I will go to the branch to make a big overpayment to mortgage I will. Continuing to put any money we have left over into this account and it will be paid into our ISA and mortgage overpayment. 
    On paper we have enough in our savings to pay off our mortgage so I'm happy with this. 
    We had a lovely afternoon tea today for mother day. It was lovely. Need to start getting s few more things bought for my daughter for her birthday in a few weeks time. She is wanting a proper birthday cake this year which is ordered as we did a homemade cake last year when we were in lockdown. As she is able to meet up with a few friends now 2 pals are coming to sit out the back door for a McDonald's. She is happy with this. 
    I back to work for my full 3 days this week, son not really wanting to go back to primary school but will love it when he goes. Daughter is only in school one day a week for the next 3 weeks and then it's the Easter holidays. 
  • kelpie35
    Options
    Things a ticking over very nicely by the sounds of things.
    Hope you have a lovely mother's day.
    Take care.
  • Schoolworker
    Schoolworker Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not been on here for a few months. We are plodding along nicely - all back at work and school. Hubbie is even working in the office 3 days a week so he is happy. 

We went out to a local pub for lunch yesterday - it was nice and I had to figure out how to check in which was easy enough - just now done it before. Kids are back to their some of their activities like tikewdo and gymnastics, and swimming lessons start back in2 weeks with the new rules so will see how this goes.

Last week when it was April I paid into the mortgage £2500 which I had been saving since Christmas. This was good. 

We have booked a few holidays away to lodges in Scotland in July, September and October. Fingers crossed they can go ahead and things are open so we can do day trips etc. Need to get my brain in gear to lose some weight before July so my holida clothes fit me. Bye for now.
  • Schoolworker
    Schoolworker Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hiya made an overpayment for May of £440. Still trying to put money away into the savings also if there is a balance in the account before payday.  hubbies car has problems and in the garage to get fixed so got another bill for this after getting some work done previously whilst having mot and service. Luckily we have the money there for this. 

On Thursday I'm due to get my covid Jag and fingers crossed I'm ok on Friday when I'm off and it's just me and the kids. 
    On Thursday after work we are going out for dinner to a nice Italian restaurant my brother says he is treating us. Looking forward to this. Also got friends over Saturday night for takeaway night. 
    It's seems to be getting back to normal and fingers crossed it stays this way for a bit. Son is back to his swimming lessons and enjoyed it. 
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Hiya not been on her for a long time and the site has changed.  We have been plodding along with life and still making payments when I can now life has returned to normal nearly and spending money.

made overpayments in June of £200, July £280, august £223, September £330, October £180, November £150; December £300.  

I may have a chance to make another payment prior to Christmas but fairly happy with how it’s going. I need to remember to log on more often. 

Going to the bank to sort stuff out and then out for lunch with a friend at costa. This weekend I’m off out to a small gathering of our office for Christmas dinner in a pub and then the pictures to see west side story with daughter and my friend and her daughter. Fairly busy running up to Christmas. Need to start getting the wrapping done soon as feel so disorganised even though I have most presents - only to wrap and buy a local voucher. 

Bye for now.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Well we survived isolating and back to work on the last day of school. Christmas went well with my family round and kids loved their Santa presents. Visited in-laws for dinner on Boxing Day which was good. 

Not up to much during the holidays as staying in mostly. Daughter and hubbie back school and work on Wednesday, whilst son not due back to school until Monday and I’ll be back the following Wednesday. 

• Schoolworker
    Options
    Well our mortgage started off in 2021 at £72510.76 and we finished 2021 with total amount for part 1,2 & 3 being £58,864.58. I am really happy with my efforts for last year paying off £13,646.18 - this included our normal payments. 

I have joined the 2022 wannabe challenge and hope to pay £3500 for this year, but will see what happens.

got a few holidays already booked for February, April and September, which gives us something to look forward to. Not booked anything for summer but will think about this in a few months time but it will be somewhere in the uk. 

Hope you all had a new year and good luck with your journeys as you go through 2022.
  • kelpie35
    Options
    Well done on all you have achieved this last year.

Happy New Year.

Stay safe.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport