Aim to get mortgage down before increasing again

Options

Comments

• Schoolworker
    Options
    Car boot sale was a fairly regular flow of folk. We made £57 after taking out my float change I took and we paid £10 for the pitch so £47 profit.  Not too bad and it seemed to go quite fast which was good. The organiser came round several times with free water, crisps, eats and Ice poles which was lovely even though I go prepared with our lunch bag. 

So managed to get some stuff away but the remaining stuff is up in the loft and will see if it's dry for the one in sept and/or Oct to try to get rid of more old toys/stuff we don't need. Will need to go through sons bedroom to see what else can go, but hopefully will be a big gutted out next year when he finished primary school and heads to the high school. He is looking forward to going back to school and will be in p7 whilst daughter is in S4 so exams next year. 

Had a family BBQ on Saturday night with my parents and my brother and hubbies mum who stayed over. It was a great night and loads of laughter. 

Just spend too much on food today but the 2 freezers are full now so hopefully can get a wee shop in next week for the fridge and cupboards. 

Trying to get crafts and things for the local flower show next Saturday. Helped son make a nice craft for it minion pencil holder and will do a bit of baking today. On Thursday night will be doing the pear and grape hedgehogs with son whilst daughter does he veg animal. It's good fun. 

• kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds an eventful weekend.

Well done on the sales front.

Hope your son and daughter enjoy there time at school.

Take care.
  • LadyWithAPlan
    LadyWithAPlan Posts: 2,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just caught up with your diary - you are doing so well with your OPs.
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

DON'T BUY STUFF (from Frugalwoods)
    No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

My March  streaks to track
    Track Minimalist game  items (Nov 310)   (Dec  95)  (Jan 90)   Feb 50
    Exercise streak  
    YNAB days:: Target 50 days -Age of money 29
    Track my NSD's - Target 13 days/ 0/13

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on the sales.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £5.3K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.5K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    The local flower show was a hit. Kids and I got a few certicates for stuff we entered. Daughter won the shield for the older kids section so pleased about this. It was a good day and then me and hubbie were out for a lovely meal using part of a voucher we got at Christmas.

things went a bit downhill thereafter and I am signed off work the now. I think it stems from losing my father in law and just ploughing on to do stuff. Getting there slowly. Due to go on holiday late next week for a long weekend with my mum and dad and mother in law - not too excited about it - just the way I am feeling but hopefully it will be good. 

Made an overpayment of £150 towards the mortgage as well as put money in our savings. 

Got our new sofa so it good to have this and it’s very comfy. 

Also noticed when checking bank statement that hubbie wages is down £500 or so. He just found out that his tax code was changed and it’s been a mistake o taking his bonus into consideration and thinking his actual salary is double what it is. It should get resolved at the end of this month and will see what the correct amount is in several months time. The joys. Luckily got holiday money in another account to use but glad we noticed this - a few of them in the work have also been affected by this. Will need to keep an eye on this every year.

need to go for a walk to the bank to get money for the painter who is in to sort out a few settlement cracks and nail pops from our extension. It was really starting to annoy me in the kitchen so glad it getting finished today later on.

bye for now. 
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on the certificates.

You do sound a little stressed, hopefully it will pass very soon.

Enjoy your break away and take it easy.

Take care.
  • savingholmes
    Options
    Sorry you are finding things touch. Hard when you have a bereavement - and the constant barrage of negative news doesn't help.

Hopefully you can use the time to sort yourself out and feel better soon.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £5.3K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.5K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Went away for sept weekend with grandparents and it was good. Everyone enjoyed it. I ended up with toothache so taking lots of painkillers and antibiotics. 

Two weeks later I was scheduled to go to a dental clinic to get my wisdom tooth removed. The week before I got toothache again, got more antibotics, and fell apart again, daughter was stressing out about school assessments. What a bad week.

The following week I got my wisdom tooth out and it was traumatic but still had to try to plod on with the things until Wednesday when I just wanted to stay in bed. On Friday I was back at doctor and still signed off work for another month and to try websites of Cbt to see if I get any better with dealing with day to day stuff. 
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    We are away the now in a little cottage in the middle of nowhere outside Dumfries. Neighbours is the farm and cows. It's been a great escape away relaxing. 

Been ten pin bowling and out for a lunch yesterday. Today has some day daughter had nose bleed really bad and did not stop for over an hour, went to a chocolate factory which was really good. On the way there we had to pass a big tractor on the single country road, managed it just and then the cows were walking in the middle of the road. The joys. Certainly a holiday we will remember. 
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Well school holidays are over and kids are due back to school on Monday. Getting back to a bit of normal. 

I made an overpayment to our mortgage of £250 and money to our ISAs. We had our interest marked up on our ISAs and it's certainly better than it has been for the past 2years and rate is due to go up again the beginning of November. 

Got daughters Xmas on order - very expensive so only a few extra stuff to get for her. She is very excited about it as she is helping a friend to build a gaming computer. No idea what son wants for Christmas - he needs to still write a list very soon so I can get ideas and give some ideas out to folk who ask. 

Got hubbies birthday present for next Monday 31st October. Hopefully he will like. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback