Aim to get mortgage down before increasing again

Options

Comments

• Schoolworker
    Options
    Hiya I know I have been a wall for a bit. Still plodding along doing my overpayments and money into the savings also. I did get back to work for my full 3 days mid December and all was ok. Christmas was good - had the whole family over and played games afterwards. 

Santa was good to the kids and they loved all their pressies. On Boxing Day we had a pyjama day which was good and unexpected. We’re due to see friends but they were I’ll. daughter loves her gaming computer and son got a bigger tv for his room as well as lots of Star Wars stuff - he loves it as well as baby yoda. Son had his friends over for a sleep over the other day and he was hyper but they all enjoyed. 

Having my brother over for dinner tonight and then walking along the street to friends for a hogmany party - should be good. Over at roberts mum tomorrow for New Years dinner and staying so all good. 
  • Schoolworker
    Options

Well at the start of 2022 our mortgage was £16,661.43 & £8615.54 & £33587.61 = totalling £58864.58. With overpayments the final balance as of today is £14556.79 & £5666.88 & £21957.22 = totalling £42180.89. I’m happy with this final total. The next goal which is aiming to pay of part 3 totally once our deal runs out in June 2024 and then see how things progress with the other 2 parts. 
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a very enjoyable Christmas.

Hope 2023 is kind to you and your family.

Take care.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Kelpie35 - thanks for your kind words.

I do hope 2023 is better year for us all. Will try to do my finances tomorrow and see what goals we want to aim for. Tonight we are with my mother-in-law for dinner and drinks and staying over - should be good. Hogmany at friends was good and hubbie was slightly drunk but it's allowed. 
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    I have signed up for 2023 wannabe challenge of £2500. I have made overpayment of £200 for January so far but there seems to be quite a bit of money left so far so will see if we can put a wee bit more away for January.

We have booked a few nights away in February at Stirling. Looking forward to that. Also looking to book a holiday abroad in the summer as hubbie got a bit of money from his mum via his dad passing away last year so he wants to go abroad - hopefully will decide and book up soon. Kids passports are sent away to be renewed the now. 

Was out Saturday there with friends whilst daughter looked her brother for extra money. January doing not too bad.  
  • kelpie35
    Options
    All sounding very promising.

Hope you have a great time in Stirling and the weather improves.

Take care.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Hiya made a payment of £200 to the mortgage last week. Will make another payment before the end of the month - this would be what we would pay council tax. 

Booked our summer holiday to Lanzarote - never been so will look forward to it. Kids passports are reissued and got the new health cards through - roll on July. 
  • kelpie35
    Options
    Well done on the OP.

The holiday sounds exciting, something to look forward to.

Take care.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Hiya made another overpayment today of £225. 

Had a great few days away last week to Stirling and visited most of the tourist attractions of Stirling. It was a nice break.away.

Just paid for daughter's birthday present of going to 2 concerts - getting nothing else but she is happy she is going with a friend. Going to 3 concerts this year with friends at the age 16. How they grow up 

Son got a red card at school as he was defending his friend. The joys of primary. 
  • kelpie35
    Options
    Well done on the OP.

Happy birthday to your daughter. Hope she enjoys the concerts.

I am sure your son will have learned a vital lesson.

Take care.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure