🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tesco Bank

Options

Comments

• vikkiew
    vikkiew Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Balance is fine but had 800 quid pending to Apple store. Card canceled.

I have never used the card!
  • freddysmith
    freddysmith Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Now one of the top stories on TV BBC News channel.
  • pavane
    pavane Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    If unused cards are being scammed it would suggest Tesco has been hacked. The numbers, "in the thousands, but less than 10,000" if you believe the official line at the moment, would also confirm this isn't some isolated card skimmer somewhere.
  • a155sjd
    a155sjd Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Got a text and email at 00:53 called them at 3;30 ish after dd woke up, luckily (now - seeing how long the queues are to get through) I was only on hold about 15 mins.

Was told she'd taken my details for someone to call me back before 6pm today and that my card was blocked but I could still access the website.

My account balance and available match atm and I have never used the card as its just a savings account.

Agree that tesco should have been better prepared and the person I spoke to last night was shocked that my email and text had gone through after midnight as she said they were sent before 10pm
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I saw this thread last night, then received a text and email about one of my 2 accounts this morning. I'm away from home so haven't tried to ring or to log in. It can wait till Monday.

I can't see how ringing them will achieve very much, except to busy out their lines.
  • Birdman2015
    Options
    My wife got a text and email last night, just hanging on the phone now.

She has checked her online account and the available balance is £10.60 less than the actual balance so obviously someone has tried it out with a small transaction.

Her card has never been used.
  • Midzone
    Midzone Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    Might be a knee jerk reaction but I've transferred all cash from Tesco Current Account to Santander for the time being until things settle down and a full explanation is given.
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 November 2016 at 1:46PM
    Options
    Was a blanket text & email sent to all accounts?
    I can see no suspicious activity on my account (debit card previously used) and I received both messages before 20:00 last night. I currently can't get through...
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • patientperson
    Options
    Just tried the phone a few moments ago .. the recorded message now acknowledges debit card problems.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Mee wrote: »
    Was a blanket text & email sent to all accounts?

I only received text and email for one of my two accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport