Cheap Pay-as-you-go Deals Article Discussion

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    jklsc wrote: »
    At 3/2/1 (pence per: minute/text/MB) O2 has good rates but it is definitely not good for occasional use:

"though you'll have to top up with a minimum of £10 every six months to keep it active."

Covered many times, the statement is incorrect.

All that is required is a chargeable action (eg. call/text/data use) once every six months.
    ====
  • I bought a 3 payg sim card with the roam like at home add on in readiness for a trip to the USA next month. I can't work out if it was activated at the point of purchase or if it will activate when I first use it. Tried to call but can't get through. The blurb says activate it by making a call in the UK before you go. But other t and cs imply that the 30 days start running when you order.
    Can anyone help?
  • Thanks for this unfortunately after years of being with three they have twice removed credit without me having used it and this time they have said they would return the £12 and have not. I will have to try to use my phone a lot more to keep up with 1p though.....maybe I will turn into one of those people who sends everyone photos of their food.
  • Thanks for this unfortunately after years of being with three they have twice removed credit without me having used it and this time they have said they would return the £12 and have not. I will have to try to use my phone a lot more to keep up with 1p though.....maybe I will turn into one of those people who sends everyone photos of their food.

You are probably using data without realizing it.

Check your balance regularly to try and discover exactly where your credit is going.

I would do this after every call if I was you, and also at other times when you are not making any calls.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,805
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I understand with Sky Mobile you could save unused data allowed to be saved in piggyback for upi to three years.

Ho do they actually work ? Do you need to do anything to save it to piggyback or they automatically save it to piccgy when the data renewal come in the following month ??

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    adindas wrote: »
    I understand with Sky Mobile you could save unused data allowed to be saved in piggyback for upi to three years.

Ho do they actually work ? Do you need to do anything to save it to piggyback or they automatically save it to piccgy when the data renewal come in the following month ??

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

It automatically rolls any unused data into the piggy bank & then you can then claim it back when needed, you do know its sim only not payg.
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
  • C95
    C95 Posts: 8
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Does anyone know if ChatChit is still available? I went trough the link here at MSE to purchase pay as you go SIM but their website is not accepting any payments and giving the error (Screenshot of the error)

• I bought my ChatChit sim on the 8/4, received on the 17/4, my current phone number was transferred on the 27/4, and worked for a couple of hours, since then I either can't make calls as I get a 'not registered on the network' message or, as is happening now, there is no volume on the calls. I have emailed several times as they have no customer service number, but not had a response. I would avoid personally. Currently looking on this website for a new supplier.
  • URGENT!! FRAUD ALERT!!
    Hi, please do get someone at MSE to carry out an urgent review of ChatChit Ltd as listed on MSE pay-as-you-go-sim-cards
    They appear to be a fake company!!!
    They do not respond to emails, live chats or phone calls. They are quick to take my £8.40.
    I even carried out a company search and found an address - 177 Farnham Rd, Slough, SL1 4XP, which I googled and it turned out to be a the address of a phone shop with flats above. I phoned the phone shop 'Fone-Kits' on 01753578808 and they said that they know nothing about ChatChit!!!
    ChatChit landline number 02070973828 (obtained off their invoice) relates to a completely different company - levelupyourfuture dot com

• closetoghost
    closetoghost Posts: 5
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 7 July 2020 at 7:58PM
    GeeCee139 said:
    URGENT!! FRAUD ALERT!!
    Hi, please do get someone at MSE to carry out an urgent review of ChatChit Ltd as listed on MSE pay-as-you-go-sim-cards
    They appear to be a fake company!!!
    They do not respond to emails, live chats or phone calls. They are quick to take my £8.40.
    I even carried out a company search and found an address - 177 Farnham Rd, Slough, SL1 4XP, which I googled and it turned out to be a the address of a phone shop with flats above. I phoned the phone shop 'Fone-Kits' on 01753578808 and they said that they know nothing about ChatChit!!!
    ChatChit landline number 02070973828 (obtained off their invoice) relates to a completely different company - levelupyourfuture dot com

Did you get through to them in the end? I’ve been with them a month and today I requested a pac code so I can leave. My online account is blank and doesn’t give me an option to do anything- my plan is due to renew in a couple of days and there’s no way to top up, no way to check my usage, nothing. So I’ll probably be cut off in a couple of days because I’ve got no way of checking my billing date or recurring my bundle. Useless. I’ve not managed to talk to anyone- today marks my 3rd Facebook message that has yet again been ignored. I tried emailing And got a scripted reply that didn’t really relate to my questions at all. I’ve been trying to contact them for weeks. I assumed being mentioned by Martin Lewis I could trust this company but they seem unprofessional and not user friendly at all. Really unimpressed. What’s more, I’m finding different phone numbers and addresses— none of the phone numbers work and tell me I’ve dialled an incorrect number. Even the 4 digit ones don’t work. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback