Cheap Pay-as-you-go Deals Article Discussion

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,603 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello, I said I would update as I progressed through the transfer process.  As notbritishgas found my credit reduced to £0 which was a bit disconcerting.  I have now got OH and my phones up and running with Asda mobile.  Not a problem with husbands and it was up and running within 24 hours but mine was a bit problematical.  After 24 hours I had an online account which I set up myself.  My old number was showing as the default number on there.  I had put £5 credit on with a chat advisor and I could receive text messages in but not phone calls in.  I could make calls and texts out.  I contacted CS again by the CS number and  you do get a CS advisor to speak to which I like.  They answered within 1 minute each time.  Not usual with three or Talk talk I must say.  Chap on there said to give it until 5pm today and switch phone on and off and it should refresh by then.  It did.  So we both have functioning phones but are still awaiting the credit on both PAYG with Three.  It is now 7 days on so I will wait to see how long it takes.  
    Hope this is helpful for others making the move.
    7 days is longer than expected. I still wonder how they obtain bank details from the limited number of digits they wanted.
    Keep us posted when/if you get the credit.

When Three asked me for some digits from my card, they had already asked how I had last purchased credit - it was the same card I gave them the digits from. I suspect they retain card details even if you choose not to make it a default card for payment.
    The text message they sent me after I (eventually) got my PAC also said I had zero balance, but I didn't, my unused credit was still there. After I used the PAC to move to Asda mobile, my Three account was no longer accessible, if I get the credit back after 7 working days, as I was told, I'll consider it a bonus.
    Everything is now working well with Asda at 4p for everything. Even the (vodafone) coverage is better where I live, so worth losing what little credit I had. :)

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• notbritishgas
    notbritishgas Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Decided to top up my Free RWG Mobile to £15 to take advantage of the free 100 minutes etc.
    Used the website Top up link using bank card expecting the top up to go on the phone immediately.
    However a day later my balance is still showing £0.
    Anyone got any experience topping up this way.
    Thanks
  • virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 955 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Decided to top up my Free RWG Mobile to £15 to take advantage of the free 100 minutes etc.
    Used the website Top up link using bank card expecting the top up to go on the phone immediately.
    However a day later my balance is still showing £0.
    Anyone got any experience topping up this way.
    Thanks
    I'm not sure their system is automated enough to do this straight off. I'd drop them an email or give them a ring. They are very helpful. Maybe wait until Monday.

• alanjones60
    alanjones60 Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Agreed. They are open mon till fri. A phone call on monday will get it sorted. They have first class customer service
  • koru
    koru Posts: 1,502 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It may be worth noting that if you only use a small amount of data each month, there’s a cheaper option in the long run than the ones in the article. 1pmobile has a 1GB data boost for £3 per month. You can get 3GB from Lebara for about the same price, but only for 12 months. If you only need 1GB, 1pmobile might be a better long term option.

With the 1pmobile boost you don’t get any free calls or texts, so if you have a lot of these there might be cheaper options.
    koru
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,074 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Rwg are now undercutting 1p with a 2gb plan averaging about £1.50 pm for 1yr or 2yr (upfront payment)
    https://www.rwgmobile.wales/rates-plans-eng-per/
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure