Options

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    akui66 wrote: »
    Hello,

Recently there was a link to a Three SIM-only deal with a £60 Amazon voucher. I cannot find the details again, most probably because it was time sensitive, but the deal went through fine - but I haven't received the voucher?

Can anyone chime in?

Thanks!

You really should have taken a screenshot to keep for future reference, but generally it’s 3-4 months after signing up that vouchers are processed.
    ====
  • capital0ne
    Options
    hellopaul wrote: »
    I'm in the process of cancelling my dreadful TPO contract, which I subscribed to about a month ago, after reading good things about it on MSE. My wife uses EE, and gets coverage almost everywhere, all of the time. Seeing that TPO use the EE network (see here, scroll towards the bottom of the page: https://www.thepeoplesoperator.com/tpo/about), without hesitation, I signed up, and ported my number to them.

Once on TPO, I was rather annoyed to find that only about 50% of my texts get sent, and mobile data only works about 10% of the time, despite being in areas of high network coverage. I then discovered that TPO does NOT use EE, but the chocolate teapot of mobile phone operators, Three :mad:. I can only assume that Three's customer base is made up solely of people who join them, enticed by their cheap deals, then realise that Three is NOT a mobile phone service provider but just somewhere to throw your money for absolutely nothing in return, and then decide they'd like to actually USE their mobile phone, so transfer to a netWORK, not Three's netDOESN'Twork. I honestly cannot fathom how Three survives (I have had previous dire experience of Three, a few years back, and would not, in a million years, have signed up for TPO had I have known it used Three, and was therefore just a con. Yes, I know MSE states that it uses Three, but I skipped that bit and read about them using EE on the TPO website. Silly me).

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has fallen for this scam, wondering why their TPO network is so dreadful, thinking it's on EE when in reality it's on Three? (And I just felt like having a bit of a therapeutic rant to vent my spleen a bit, before I get on with some boring work!)
    I've been on TPO for ages, no problems at all! Maybe it's your phone.
  • robti
    robti Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same position, it’s 90 days all I have is the email you get after clicking the link before signing up
  • hellopaul
    Options
    Yesterday I switched over to a (more expensive) "real" EE SIM. It seems OK so far, but I'll need to give it a few weeks to see if any problems remain, which would point to a phone problem rather than a network problem.
  • angelaaa
    Options
    Have you had any update on this offer from Three Mobile? Moneysvaingexpert often keeps details about expired offers posted on their site (but not this time) so I didn't screenshot the details. Teaches me a lesson, but I still want my £60 Amazon voucher!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    angelaaa wrote: »
    Have you had any update on this offer from Three Mobile? Moneysvaingexpert often keeps details about expired offers posted on their site (but not this time) so I didn't screenshot the details. Teaches me a lesson, but I still want my £60 Amazon voucher!

If you know when exactly you took up the deal, see if there's any highlighted archived page around that date at:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-sim-only-contracts
  • clever_duck
    Options
    12GB (4G), unltd mins, unltd texts: £12/mth* has finished :(

Does anyone know if Three are likely to do such deal again? Do they normally have deals like this closer to xmas?
  • Kevin_C_2
    Options
    Ref iD Mobile. Can you please let me know of any good or bad experiences with them? Offers sound fantastic, but reviews on Trust Pilot are shocking/
    Thanks
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 26 November 2017 at 6:20PM
    Options
    hellopaul wrote: »
    I'm in the process of cancelling my dreadful TPO contract, which I subscribed to about a month ago, after reading good things about it on MSE. My wife uses EE, and gets coverage almost everywhere, all of the time. Seeing that TPO use the EE network (see here, scroll towards the bottom of the page: https://www.thepeoplesoperator.com/tpo/about), without hesitation, I signed up, and ported my number to them.

Once on TPO, I was rather annoyed to find that only about 50% of my texts get sent, and mobile data only works about 10% of the time, despite being in areas of high network coverage. I then discovered that TPO does NOT use EE, but the chocolate teapot of mobile phone operators, Three :mad:. I can only assume that Three's customer base is made up solely of people who join them, enticed by their cheap deals, then realise that Three is NOT a mobile phone service provider but just somewhere to throw your money for absolutely nothing in return, and then decide they'd like to actually USE their mobile phone, so transfer to a netWORK, not Three's netDOESN'Twork. I honestly cannot fathom how Three survives (I have had previous dire experience of Three, a few years back, and would not, in a million years, have signed up for TPO had I have known it used Three, and was therefore just a con. Yes, I know MSE states that it uses Three, but I skipped that bit and read about them using EE on the TPO website. Silly me).

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has fallen for this scam, wondering why their TPO network is so dreadful, thinking it's on EE when in reality it's on Three? (And I just felt like having a bit of a therapeutic rant to vent my spleen a bit, before I get on with some boring work!)

Been with Three for nearly 10 years only moved once to ID mobile which also runs on 3 only moved back because 3 gave me a better deal and all the time i have been with Three and ID i have never had any trouble with them.
    TPO does have a bit of a reputation as being quite bad even when they use to run on EE.

Been with Plusnet since they where life mobile and had no trouble with them still on the same deal i got with Life.mobile about 2yrs ago.
    So may be you are just having a bit of bad luck when it comes to Threes network.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been with ID mobile for 12 months never had any problems with them
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts