Options

Comments

• CazzieLT
    CazzieLT Posts: 348 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 May 2017 at 5:35PM
    Options
    jakes-mum wrote: »
    Why thank you :D I have had a lovely day topped off with a homemade cake by DH and Miss Lily (who decided that as I love victoria sponge and maltesers, it made perfect sense to combine these two loves into one cake :rotfl: )

Forgot to say, Freepostcodelottery have a daily competitions page aswell :eek: run the same as the click to wins, thats a new addition to the page, plus there is a sister page now called win a dinner where you can win a giftcard for a range of different restaurants or £20 paypal cash (your choice from the cards on offer if you win). Only 60k members on the sister page (compared to the 850k on FPL :rotfl: ) so much better odds of winning

I knew this board was gonna make me a millionaire! I've joined Win A Dinner, and done all the FPL daily competitions! Thank you, jakes-mum, and I hope you enjoyed that well deserved cake, sounds like a winning combination!

I've just enjoyed lunch with a friend - well, we enjoyed lunch at 12.30, then a lot of tea in her conservatory. She is a work friend who messages me daily to check in on how I am doing and she said she could see a real good change in me today which is encouraging :) It's nice to keep up with the work gossip too! ;) AND I got a beautiful shiny new £1 coin in my change for the pot! What a great day :)

Welcome to the team, Jm90 - I think you're going to like it here! Do you have anything specific in mind for your £500 target or just saving for a rainy day? Sue-UU will be along to give you a number very soon!

Excellent potting going on by all you oldies too ;) Mum tells me she's amassed some serious pot change whilst out shopping if I'm interested - what a silly question! Can't wait to exchange some crusty old notes for more shiny pot money :D

Have a lovely Saturday evening wherever you are and whatever you're doing. Extra special wishes going out to anyone struggling in any way - remember you are not alone.

If anyone wants me, I'll be in the corner working on a rotational basis between entering competitions, exchanging money for pot material, listing my worldly goods on eBay, and looking into investment options for all the cashback I'm gonna get off Quidco! :D xxx
    Flat Deposit Fund - £30,000 / Fees Fund - £5,000
    Furniture Fund - £3,000 / White Goods Fund - £3,000 / Flooring Fund - £3,000
    Emergency Fund - £6,000
    366 Day Penny Challenge for 2024 - £380.00/£671.61 (Holiday Fund)
    £2 Savers Club for 2024 - £56/£200 (Christmas Fund)
    52 Week Card Challenge for 2024 - £146/£400 (Fun Fund)
  • Incywincy21
    Incywincy21 Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey again everyone - hope your weekend is going well.

I had a bit of good luck today (well, I say a bit but it was actually a triple whammy!)

Firstly I went to the supermarket and someone had left some change in the self service machone (a whopping £2.43!)
    Then I went to a local market stall shop who actally gave me an old £5 note in with my change. I queried it and they gave me £5 in coins and told me to keep the old fiver and exchange it at my bank as a sorry! :)
    On the way home I found a 5p in roadkill.

Every waking moment right now has me worried about my debts, but this really did make me feel blessed and it meant a huge £7.48 to my tin today (more than I even had as a target as I'm so cautious about 'saving money' when I have debts to pay!)

I've just had a look at the FPL - and signed up - thanks for the tip guys! :)

Incy x
    SPC no. 462 TOTAL £48.11
    SPC11 No.462 Target: £250
    NSD May - Acheived: 7 NSDs (Started 21/05/17)
    NSD June (Target 15/30) - Achieved: 14/15
    NSD July (Target 18/31) - Achieved: 3/18
  • CazzieLT
    Options
    Hey again everyone - hope your weekend is going well.

I had a bit of good luck today (well, I say a bit but it was actually a triple whammy!)

Firstly I went to the supermarket and someone had left some change in the self service machone (a whopping £2.43!)
    Then I went to a local market stall shop who actally gave me an old £5 note in with my change. I queried it and they gave me £5 in coins and told me to keep the old fiver and exchange it at my bank as a sorry! :)
    On the way home I found a 5p in roadkill.

Every waking moment right now has me worried about my debts, but this really did make me feel blessed and it meant a huge £7.48 to my tin today (more than I even had as a target as I'm so cautious about 'saving money' when I have debts to pay!)

I've just had a look at the FPL - and signed up - thanks for the tip guys! :)

Incy x

Oh Incy, I'm so pleased for you! I hope this is the start of more brilliant things to come. You will have those debts shifted in no time! I can imagine it is a hugely worrying time for you but I hope being a part of the SPC family and building that pot will help towards you feeling even a little bit better about things and it's all steps in the right direction to getting everything sorted. Yay! :) xxx
    Emergency Fund - £6,000
  • Miss_D_Meanour
    Options
    Hi there

Fabulous lucky streak Incy - congrats. Thanks for the heads up on the FPL sister site WinaDinner, Jakes-mum, have tossed my hat into the ring.

I've secured a little coinage over the last couple of weeks and have just been chucking it into a holding pot, to see how things go. Think I'm fairly safe now so am potting £3.84. 1p roadkill and 20p that just fell out of a plastic bag for life, which I found in a random cupboard. Not sure how that happened but putting it down to fate.

Wishing you all a relaxed Sunday
    Take care. MissDM
    LBM- June 2009 - 15 year plan started, Dec 2018 - time to review & refocus
    SPC12 #33 £210. Xmas 2019 - #15 £365 / £365 ... PAYDBX 2019 #23: £0 / £3,400
    MFW2019 #2: £6,999.67 / £8,000 MFiT-T5 start £95,352.52 - target £40k

No matter how far you go, you always take yourself with you
  • hickles69
    hickles69 Posts: 970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning All, it's been a while. Long story short no childcare for a few weeks, he turned 2 and had to move houses. All is well though.

Just sat and popped a purse full of change in the pot. My boy regularly expects to put money in there so should be a good total this year. He has emptied my purse a few times so there's bound to be some old £ coins in there.

Hope all is OK
    SPC#19 - 7-£666.54, 8-£489, 9-£264 10-£376 11- £305.8p 12 £329 13 - £315 14/£214 15 £177 16 £253 SPC 17 £0 of £250

Swaggers - 2015/£285, 2016/£270, 2017/£460, 2018/£420, 2019 / £183, 2020 / £226, 2021/£135, 2022/£
  • CazzieLT
    Options
    Afternoon, potters! Great to see some excellent potting occurring!

I ended up potting a tasty £21 last night - Mum did me proud with £20 worth of new £1 and £2 coins and I was happy to get plenty of coinage as a few of my recently potted plastic fivers were threatening to pop right back out again so they needed squishing! I think they're all behaving themselves in there now, but off to town shortly and hoping Mum and Nanna will acquire a few more coins I can swap for just to be on the safe side! Can't be too careful when it comes to pot security!

While I wait for Nanna to get ready, I'm doing the FPL daily comps and later I'll be doing my usual magazine dailies. Then it's fingers crossed for a win or two to boost the pot a little further!

Have a happy Sunday everyone and hope the sun is shining where you are :) xxx
    Emergency Fund - £6,000
  • FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

Can I join in please? I am looking for ways to pay off debt and save a little and generally get a grip financially and want to start a pot :)

I have the cutest little panda terramundi, which I treated myself to with a gift voucher. I will not be breaking at the end, but will use the knife method so I can use him again next year :)

My plan is to run the pot alongside my grocery challenge for the most part. Anything I save after my weekly shop will be used. Notes will go towards paying one of my debts, coins (including £1's) will go in the pot. So I might not save loads, but hopefully it will add up a little bit. Will also pop in any roadkill and couch pennies :)

Today I have done my grocery shop and have a paltry 30p, but it's better than nothing, so in the pot it goes :)
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • CazzieLT
    Options
    FoxFace wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

Can I join in please? I am looking for ways to pay off debt and save a little and generally get a grip financially and want to start a pot :)

I have the cutest little panda terramundi, which I treated myself to with a gift voucher. I will not be breaking at the end, but will use the knife method so I can use him again next year :)

My plan is to run the pot alongside my grocery challenge for the most part. Anything I save after my weekly shop will be used. Notes will go towards paying one of my debts, coins (including £1's) will go in the pot. So I might not save loads, but hopefully it will add up a little bit. Will also pop in any roadkill and couch pennies :)

Today I have done my grocery shop and have a paltry 30p, but it's better than nothing, so in the pot it goes :)

Hi FoxFace! Lovely to see another newbie ready to join in the potting fun - and with such a cute pot too! The great leader of all things pot, our lovely Sue-UU, will be along to give you a number. And don't go thinking any amount is paltry - you are taking great strides towards clearing those debts with every single penny you save! I hope you will enjoy it here while you're saving too! :)

So many new faces recently, I reckon we've got to be on for a bumper total this year! :D

I'm enjoying a cream tea in M&S with Mum and Nanna. Signed up for my Sparks card last week (I do love a loyalty scheme!) and got to choose two introductory offers. Loving a cafe treat, I obvs chose buy one hot drink, get one free and two cream teas for £6 - so here we all are enjoying giant pots of tea and scones for a grand total of £8.22! PLUS Quidco are offering 3% cashback at Marks (and nowhere does it say that the cafe is not included!) so I paid on my card and calculated that that should earn me my first 24p in cashback! And as this is Mumma's treat today, she's giving me the £8.22 in lovely pot-able coinage! It's a win-win! :D xxx
    Emergency Fund - £6,000
  • FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    CazzieLT wrote: »
    Hi FoxFace! Lovely to see another newbie ready to join in the potting fun - and with such a cute pot too! The great leader of all things pot, our lovely Sue-UU, will be along to give you a number. And don't go thinking any amount is paltry - you are taking great strides towards clearing those debts with every single penny you save! I hope you will enjoy it here while you're saving too! :)

Thank you for such a lovely warm welcome :)

Found some more loose change in an old purse so popped that in there too :)
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks CazzieLT, I had been thinking about getting a sparks card, now I will for sure.

5p in the pot. I have no money till Friday. In fact I am in debt by £2.45 as I had to borrow that from the food shopping wallet (I had permission from OH)
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family