Climbing the Mountain

Options

Comments

• Huskyrunner
    Options
    Hmmmmmm all this talk of lists i think i need too buy a diary/notebook.
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options

It's a nice feeling to have things written down. It stops them from constantly running through my mind and the ensuing panic when I have forgotten about something that needed to be done! :o
  • EssexHebridean
    Options

Mwahahahaha - knew the list/notebook/writing things down obsession would take off! :D:rotfl:

Pondland usually have rather handy A5 sized sectioned ones, if that's any help....and natty coloured pens for writing in them, too....
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I'm still motivated today and working my way through the list. One goal of mine is to get in the habit of doing things as they need it and not putting them off. If I had done that to begin with, I wouldn't have gotten stuck, feeling too overwhelmed to do anything.

I received a £20 voucher from eBay in an attempt to get me using my account again. I actually do buy things fairly often but with a different account, one that I share with Hub, I say share but officially it's his account. I had forgotten about signing up for this one. I was able to get my daughter something she really wanted, so that's her Christmas present sorted! I hadn't realised that I had £14 in my PayPal account from a survey payout, so was ecstatic that no money will be coming out of the bank account to pay for the gift. :j
  • Huskyrunner
    Options
    And they say surveys dont pay ��

I will have a look Monday re the notebooks i am going guitar shopping sure i can find a poundland somewhere in Newcastle.
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hooray for free stuff!!! I wonder if Ebay will send me a voucher too - I actually have a true second account - started when I wanted to sell stuff for business but also personal stuff. Never really used the one I set up for non-personal stuff but I guess it's still out there LOL

More lists... love lists! lol
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Excellent Christmas present shopping with assistance from fleBay & surveys there! I bet I don't get one of their vouchers, although I wonder whether it's worth me wandering on to look at things to see if that prompts it...
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options

I will have a look Monday re the notebooks i am going guitar shopping sure i can find a poundland somewhere in Newcastle.

Guitar shopping in poundland? What kind of guitar are you hoping to find? :p

I received the email out of the blue for the voucher EssexH. I actually have had a couple more sent over the last year but not realised - it came through Outlook Express, which I never check anymore since I got a gmail account. I was so sad when I finally checked it and saw all these expired £10 vouchers, but if I had used them, I probably wouldn't have gotten this one, which is worth twice as much and couldn't have come at a better time!

I wouldn't be surprised if you got one MrsTinks, I think my feedback on this account is something like 6 and I haven't even logged in for at least 2 years. The never send anything like that to hub's account, probably because we use it on a regular basis.
  • Huskyrunner
    Options
    Haha a plastic one a toy one pound one

You can tell i was awake when i wrote that post.

I meant i am going too look at guitars, then afterwards in Newcastle i will see if i can find a poundland. Derrrrrrr blond moment.
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    That's funny Huskyrunner. I have seen guitars in places like Home Bargains priced around £20-30 and remember hub telling me they were terribly made and whoever tried to learn on them would soon give up.

I have a couple of quick errands this morning and then am getting back to work. I'm still feeling motivated so taking advantage of it, as it's not something that comes naturally to me! :p It does seem however that the more I do, the more I can do, if that makes sense. Maybe it's just a case of getting used to being busy, like flexing a muscle. I hope so. Every time I cross something off my list, I look to see if there is anything else I can get done in the time I have left. I'm looking forward to seeing everything crossed off, at the moment the still-to-do list is pretty long.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure