Climbing the Mountain

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Grey, dreary and wet here, too. Ideally I want to get out for a short walk at lunchtime but not sure it'll be happening today - for once working in an office 9 - 5 doesn't seem like such a bad thing! :rotfl:

Take it easy if you're still not feeling great though - as you say, maybe pick out a few easy, quick jobs to do, but once those are done, call it finished for the day and relax a bit. Also don;t worry too much about your timescales - don't lose sight of the fact that you finished that first job WAAAAY quicker than you thought you were going to. no? So technically you're still ahead!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Thank you EssexH, I am still taking it easy but the schedule has gone out the window, even with the big job being completed sooner than expected. I'm just transferring things I didn't complete to the following week, they will get done soon enough.

I'm still not feeling great - a slight headache, a slight cough and lots of achyness. I'm consoling myself with the thought that my body is probably fighting something off, which is far better than actually being ill! I'm easing up on the amount of things to accomplish each day until I'm back to 100%. Yesterday I nearly crawled home from the errands, then sat down with a cup of tea and promptly fell asleep for an hour. :o
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Yes if you're just falling asleep like that it sounds like your body needs it - so definitely cut yourself some slack if that's what's required. I have the nasty feeling I have the start of another lurgy coming - one thing's for sure, this time round if I feel rubbish I'm ringing in sick for a day to try to fight it off a bit better. I battled through it last time as it was just me and Madam in the office, and I think that's done me no favours.

As you say - everything will get done eventually!

Hope you're feeling better soon!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I managed to get a couple of the smaller things done today. I was slow and everything seemed to take much longer than it should have, but I am happy that I was able to cross a few more things off the list. I'm going to go to bed early tonight and hope the extra sleep sorts me out.

I hope you don't get sick EssexH - there seem to be a lot of bugs going around at the moment.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aw hope you are alright MMT.

It's good even if you can cross one thing off your list each day.

I need to get into the habit of doing things more regularly too, that is defo something to focus on for me in 20107.

Dxxx
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hope that a good sleep helps see off the bugs that you are fighting.

Well done for getting more things crossed off the list, it is all progress:D:D

I have been very slow and sleepy the last few days, fighting a lurgy too I think, my positive for the day is getting my expenditure spread sheet up to date:j Because my pensions arrive at different times in the month (state every 4 weeks and occupational once per calendar month) and the larger amount is the variable one, OH and I decided that we (I) will record by calendar month, should get a true picture after 2 or 3 months.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Good for you getting your spreadsheet done, maddiemay! I have yet to do the budget. In fact I haven't accomplished anything off my list today, I've been running around doing errands and only just got home.

20107 Dolly? I hope I'm not still around by then :rotfl: but yes I agree, my 2017 is going to feature a lot more lists and crossings off as well.

I am still tired and now have a cough, but hopefully it won't turn into anything else. I have nothing in the way of appts tomorrow so will try to get a few more things finished in the morning and possibly have a nap in the afternoon. I'd like a nap now or even just an early night but alas I'm off to work in a bit. Time for a big cup of strong coffee! :coffee:
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Urgh to the cough - hope it doesn't turn into anything more.

:rotfl::rotfl: At 20107 too! :D
    she/her
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I don't think it's getting any worse EssexH, it's just an annoying tickle. I used to have terrible chest infections as a child, I've had bronchitis and pneumonia more times than I can count. The Dr said these little coughs are because of my "weak chest", and often they take a month or more to go away completely. Hopefully this one won't hang around that long.

I'm beginning to sound like a broken recored - I'm very tired and full of aches and pains today. Working last night didn't help, but needs must, etc. The house has turned into a tip without me keeping on top of things, it's as if everyone else is blinkered to it, even when it's pointed out to them. No help coming from the family and I can't stand living like this so will tidy up for a couple of hours this morning. If all goes well I may have a nap this afternoon, otherwise I'll keep slogging away and have an early night. I wish there were actual 'tonics' that worked, I feel in dire need of one! A few weeks resting on a sunny beach alone would be nice too... no chance though so must pull up my big girl pants and get on with it. :p

I've taken paracetamol in any case so hopefully the aches will go soon.

I read in the evenings when I'm not working - I've always loved losing myself in a good book. My Amazon wishlist is very long, whenever I see something interesting I'll pop it on there as a reminder. I don't know why I keep forgetting about our little local library, maybe it's because they don't have a lot on the shelves but they can order anything that is on the system for our county. I've made reservations for the first three books on my wishlist, they were all available so hopefully I'll be able to pick them up sometime next week. It'll be nice to read a book and give it back - and of course not having to buy it in the first place is a big bonus. :)
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have spent too much time on the internet while I was ill, but trying to get back into reading and so want to support my local library, they are having their hours cut, or closed for a pass time around here.

Ordered 3 this week 2 diet/cookery and 1 biography and was able to collect the first one this morning. 60p per book reservation fee. CS books are £1.49+ here, so a nice little saving:D

I hope that your aches and pains have gone away.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure