Ok, here goes nothing!

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LauraB89 wrote: »
    NSD 13?! How on earth have you managed that Bob?!

Today, I also had a NSD - quite an unpleasant scan at the hospital, but there is nothing wrong with my kidneys or ovaries :) woo hoo!!

Currently got a chilli on the stove - replaced half the meat with lentils, not going to tell the boys, let's see if they notice!! The pan is full up, so definitely leftovers for lunch tomorrow :)

Checked off my bank accounts today at work - so far, so good. Really hoping that I get another bonus next month, I can pay off one of my credit cards and a big chunk of the other!! It's looking good people!

I have got a head start on January's pay - November is going well, and I am feeling pretty confident, if I get that, I can pay off my other credit card and only have my loan left!!!

How's everyone's no-spendsday-Wednesday?

xxx

Sorry to hear you had to go for a scan. Glad it went well though.

You think 13 is good? I bagged no 14 today! :j

Seriously though it is just planning. I'm part of the NST challenge group and the bar was set high this month (22 for the win) I won't make that but I should get up to 17 or so.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • LauraB89
    LauraB89 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    NO YOU DIDN'T - 14 NSDS! I don't count mine - might have to give it a go, I think it's going to be a January Challenge. December challenge would be a bit much for Christmas!

22 non spend days - how is that even possible?!

xxx
  • ab_saver
    ab_saver Posts: 334 Forumite
    First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 23 November 2016 at 9:06PM
    Options
    LauraB89 wrote: »

22 non spend days - how is that even possible?!

The most I've managed is 19 - I'm on a slightly tamer thread where you can pick your own target. I'm not hard core enough for NST!

The answer is clever planning - compressing multiple spends onto as few days as practical! The key is not to go overboard just because it's a designated spend day. :)
    House fund: ~£5000 / £10,000 :D_£1000 emergency fund #208 - £151.74/ 1000 _
  • LauraB89
    Options
    19 is pretty impressive!

What is NST?

Ahh, like having a cheat day on a diet.

xxx
  • Bobarella
    Options
    AB 19 is incredible. And please do come and join in, we are very friendly I promise.

Laura NST stands for Ninja Saving Turtles, don't ask :) themed differently every month, the focus is on speedy debt repayment.

• LauraB89
    Options
    Ninja Savings Tutles - sounds so fun!!

Today - not a NSD, I needed to do a top up shop because my stupid flatmate is eating all the food! Nightmare!

So I had to go to Lidl - got a little ham as a present for my flat mate, and I popped to wilko and got some gorgeous bath bombs and petals for my Christmas presents :)

So excited for my staff party tomorrow - fingers crossed we win the holiday hahaha

xxx
  • Bobarella
    Options
    After all the hype I'm going to be disappointed if you don't win

• LauraB89
    Options
    Me too Bob! I'll be on here right away to let you know if I've won!

Daydreams aside, I'm happy with my little bits for Christmas I got today - the bath bombs and bath petals look lovely (and I'm assured they smell nice too - I have anosmia so wouldn't know myself!)

Feeling very happy with myself that I have a the party tomorrow and I haven't spent a penny on my outfit - not even new make up or nails!

My pile of presents is growing - just need to get a few more bits when I get paid and it will all be done :)

Xxx
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    I caught up with your diary last night and I'm dying to know if you won? :D

Brilliant diary btw, I love the puns :rotfl: You're doing really well with the debt busting :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • LauraB89
    edited 27 November 2016 at 6:02PM
    Options
    Hi Orange! Thanks for stopping by :)

Ok.. so we didn't win the holiday, but as it turns out it was to (drumroll please..) RUSSIA.

So we are kind of OK about it haha!!

This weekend has been a little bit spendy, certainly not a no-spend-weekend!

I spent £7 on drinks on Friday night (what a cheap date!), then £5 on naughty snacks for a catch-up with a friend on Saturday. Then I had a little takeaway on Saturday night (£17).

Today, I did my weekly food shop and it was £43, we are having;

- Homemade baked beans with sausage and baked potatoes (just ate this and it was DELICIOUS)
    - Spag bol
    - Roast pork belly (rolled and stuffed - on offer in Lidl)
    - Chicken, leek and bacon pie
    - Chicken casserole

AND today, I baked TWELVE jacket potatoes - dinner tonight and then a few lunches this week, DELISH.

This week, I only have £29.50 fun money until next week - I work my weekly budget by basically unlocking it with my weekly shop. I won't spend any of it until I have done the food shop, then the rest is left to me, I am finding that this mindset is really helping me keep on track.

Today, my friend came over with her tiny puppy, so it's been a pretty great day!

Been looking at houses online again (goddamnit RightMove!), which is a lovely way to daydream through a lie in. But now I am getting excited about our own house, so in my head it's like this;

giphy.gif

Now, time for a cuppa tea and to munch away on some lebkuchen (thanks again Lidl!).

How's everyone else's weekend going?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport