Ok, here goes nothing!

Options

Comments

• LauraB89
    LauraB89 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    THIS WEEK IS ONLY GETTING BETTER - My beautiful best friend, who was just about to start fertility treatment as she has endometriosis and PCOS... IS PREGNANT! I am so happy and excited!

So the houses we saw weren't right at all, buuut, I have seen some more and I think we are moving in the right direction - woo hoo!

Today was a spendy day, I had to do a big food shop and I bought a Christmas tree which was £70 in total (including tree). but we needed lots of food because I don't get paid until 15th so want to try and get through to then without spending much more!

Next week is shaping up well, need to keep positive about houses and my bonus which I am really hoping for in December. Ahh, I am really trying to keep positive about it, but I am just not 100% confident about them paying me.

We had a lovely roast at the future in-laws' today, so no need for dinner, just spending my evening rightmoving as always haha. I have found a couple that I really like, and the viewing this weekend have really helped me to adjust my expectations and I am feeling good about it all.

How's everyone else's weekend gone?

xxx
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    How wonderful! I'm so happy for your friend.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • LauraB89
    Options
    So the week is going well so far, had to pay out £6 for the team bowling night (not to mention to pay for it on my card - but I now have the self control that I have paid the cash into the bank and wont be spending it!).

Neither of the boys have given me money for food yet, which is worrying really but I will speak to them both about it today because it's girl's night on Saturday and I am realllly hoping to have some ££ by then.

I have £28 left in my account, and anything over £75 that I get from the boys. I don't get paid until 15th, so I will need to do another food shop before I get paid.

Also, fingers crossed on bonus, I will find out tomorrow if I am getting any and how much I will get - I really, really, really hope that I get a good bonus. It would really make things a lot easier!

Got Thursday afternoon off to look at houses - we are seeing about 10 that afternoon, but I am pretty sure that our dream house is in there somewhere. And by somewhere I mean Sturminster Newton.

There is a house, the garden is amazing and it was listed before but gone by the time we got approved. Now it's back and £14k less than the original asking price. So, I think that it might be THE ONE.

120ft garden. Think of all the veg I can grow - I wont need to food shop at all!

How's the Tuesday frug-day going for all of you?

This week is going well, I really feel like all the pieces are coming together at the moment :)

Oh yes, and because I forgot on Sunday this week's menu is;

- Chilli con carne
    - Ham (cola gammon), egg and chips
    - Beef stew
    - Chicken Fajitas
    - Chicken casserole

YUM YUM YUM YUM.

xxx
  • LauraB89
    Options
    Well, well, well... what a day!

Firstly - my bonus is getting paid (phew) but only 50% (my head-of told me that he would pay it, but then decided to change his mind, luckily my line manager has managed to get it up to 50%) so I think it will be about £400 or so - not to be sniffed at!

So, my plan will be to pay off my Barclaycard in full, then £100 to my halifax card and the usual loan payment. So I think I can reduce my overall debt by about £600 in total next month! Not to mention to have £150 for Christmas and £100 extra to my savings account!

Secondly, I have a meeting tomorrow to find out how the change in departments "affects me personally" ... and there will be an HR person there. So, I am concerned about what they will say, but I have a meeting about a home-based account manager role at my company next week so we will just see what they say.

I am pretty confident in November's bonus in Jan - I am really hoping that if I can I will pay off my loan in January in full. Leaving me with approx £1000 debt on my credit card as my total debts (apart from the car).

So all in all, I think I can be debt free by March or so!

How's everyone's no-spends-day Wednesday going??

xxx
  • LauraB89
    Options
    Ok, so an exciting day - we went to look at houses and WE FOUND ONE THAT WE LOVE.

So we put in an offer, and we are hoping that they accept.

The house has been reduced several times because she had a buyer pull out and only has a week to get another offer before hers is rescinded. So, we put in an offer at asking price since it has been dropped several times and is under valued at the moment. It only went back on the market on Tuesday so I think that we will be ok to get this accepted.

The next hurdle is the mortgage! We have an agreement in principle through a broker, and I am hoping that we will get accepted. I have read that they are not really worth the paper they are written on, but I am hoping that because it's through a broker that we should be ok?

My worry is that our credit scores are only ok. For example, my equifax score is excellent, my experian is fair but my call credit is is poor. My OH's is fair as well, but I am so worried that we wont get accepted!!

Wish me luck people xxx
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe how quickly things are moving for you now! Brilliant!

Do hope your house mates pay up soon, really rude to expect free food, why should you be put out! Cross on your behalf...
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • LauraB89
    Options
    Oh God I'm so nervous. Firstly will the offer be accepted? Secondly will they actually give me a mortgage?!

Ahhhhh I'm so scared!!!
  • Perryface
    Options
    Ha! I felt exactly the same when we bought this house! Wait until your offer is accepted and the mortgage confirmed - then you really will start freaking out! Lol
    I panicked after everything was approved just about the scale of commitment! I soon calmed down though.

Good luck

Wedding payment 1000/4600 due 21/0718
  • LauraB89
    Options
    OH MY GOD THE OFFER HAS BEEN ACCEPTED!

Just need to get on with the mortgage stuff now, my parents are giving me some money as a deposit which we should have in the next couple of weeks!!

Looks pretty scary but I think it's going to be OK!

Wish me luck people. Got a lot of paperwork to do xxx
  • Cheeseface
    Options
    How exciting!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business