🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad all is well and happy EH, time away sounds amazing :D

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely time EH. Your pictures looked fab. I have to admit I hate the "home from holiday" washing. It just feels like it's being rubbed in your face that you are no longer on holiday :rotfl:
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    When we're in the Hebrides we have access to a washing machine while we're there so it's not so bad - we tend to take a lot of stuff home clean, for a start, and also take a lot less with us as we know we can wash & re-wear. This time was about 9 days worth of clothes...the laundry bin is STILL overflowing even after 2 loads through! :rotfl: Oh well, another load tonight!

25p on OnePoll this morning, but Prolific is dead again by the look of it.
    Had a very unusual Secret Survey one yesterday that I was screened out of - never known that to happen on there before!
    Got a YouGov and a Populous one waiting for me to do.

Bank is checked and the holiday stuff is paid off the card, as is the new (second hand) lens I bought before we went away. The money for that was sitting waiting to be used so seemed sensible to just pay it off. Other than that everything looks OK. Need to start saving towards hebrides fortnight (Autumn) and another week on Lundy (Christmas) now! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Your week in Lundy sounds amazing, I've never been there. You do like your islands :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    LOVE an Island HH! :D

20p onePoll earlier
    Prolific still quiet - I got a 75p one yesterday but that was it.
    25 points on Power of Opinions this morning.
    50 Points YouGov yesterday and another 60 today. Yawn. Still nearly 1,700 short of cashout. :(

I'm going to need a list for tomorrow I think - seem to be amassing quite a lot of stuff that needs doing and as I'm away Saturday to Sunday I've only really got tomorrow to do everything!

Another load of washing through last night - getting there gradually!

Airshow season has now kicked in - so I'm driving to Wolverhampton on saturday afternoon ready for Cosford Airshow on Sunday. Happily I have drinking buddies in Wolves so there will be pubbing occurring on saturday night - arranged to meet pal No. 1 in Wetherspoons for food before hitting the pub of choice (which sadly doesn't do food) so it will be a budget-ish evening. I'll have to remember to grab some food to take to the airshow with me, and also remember to buy biscuits (essential show fuel!) and to take my insulated mug with me so I have a cuppa to start the day and also to get refilled if I want a cup during the day. :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Woohoo! I read it all :j

Nice to see you thriving EH. I will continue to lurk and be inspired!
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lundy sounded fab EH , and the weather was kind to you. Every time I see an air show or a beer festival advertised I think of you . Glad to hear you are heading over to the Midlands for the weekend .

PA has been soooo quiet for me as well , about 75p all week I think. I need to check my one poll as well.

Enjoy a good weekend with your pals EH and Mr EH.
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    I wish prolific was more consistent I had a day off last week and did 12 pound in surveys then this week I think I had done one 75p survey in one day all I can say is gerrrrrrrrrrrr lol.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Lucifa73 wrote: »
    Woohoo! I read it all :j

Nice to see you thriving EH. I will continue to lurk and be inspired!

Aww join in as well as lurking! Thanks for reading!
    Lundy sounded fab EH , and the weather was kind to you. Every time I see an air show or a beer festival advertised I think of you . Glad to hear you are heading over to the Midlands for the weekend .

PA has been soooo quiet for me as well , about 75p all week I think. I need to check my one poll as well.

Enjoy a good weekend with your pals EH and Mr EH.
    I wish prolific was more consistent I had a day off last week and did 12 pound in surveys then this week I think I had done one 75p survey in one day all I can say is gerrrrrrrrrrrr lol.

Yep - I got that 75p as well! :rotfl:

Prolific still desperately quiet this week - OnePoll is trickling along but that's never the quickest. Got a YouGov one to do later.

I need to sort out the remainder of the CC bill this week - some of it got done last week but needless to say I can't totally remember what! (Just remembered I mentioned it in here though so that helps!) Sorted the refund for my prescriptions and that's gone on, as has the refund for my dinner on Saturday night after a stupidly long wait and then them delivering me a cold burger! :mad: The manager actually came over and asked me to go to the till to get refunded mind, so at least there was a tiny bit of decent customer service!

Aiming for a quieter week this week I think, so hopefully also quite low-spend. I have money in my purse which should take me through to beyond the weekend. on the financial front I do need to get the change of electricity supplier sorted as our deal with Flow is now up and their prices are gone up a LOT. I'll log in to the Energy Club later and see what's on offer. Still debating about the Ebico night owl package but it does worry me that we might just use too high a percentage of power overnight. Hmmm. I'll take another look.

Yesterday was a NSD and aiming for another one today. Tomorrow I'm planning to go to the gym so that won't be, and I might be out for the day on Thursday, so that may also not be as at the very least I think I'll need to fill the car up.
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Anyone else had a MASSIVE flurry of stuff on Prolific today? I wonder whether it's been quiet over the past few weeks while they've been sorting out the new site - I got an invitation to be a beta user through, logged in from there and have had about £5 worth just so far today. Not complaining, you understand! :rotfl:

A good (and pretty low-spendy) weekend - Friday cost me £4.60 to go swimming, then about £30 on shopping between ThaT supermarkeT and Al's, £60 diesel to fill the car up. All planned. Saturday I spent up at Norwich Airport with the Red Arrows groundcrew - entirely surprising to get airside access as I wasn't expecting that, but very pleased about it - a friend spotted me as soon as I got there, had a quick chat with someone from the company who was hosting them, and next thing I knew... :D LOADS of photos anyway, and the only spend aside from the cost of the diesel was some food when I finally left as I was starving having had no lunch! :rotfl: Yesterday involved a (free) 10k run with a running group in the morning, then I didn't leave the house for the rest of the day - bargain! :T

Still waiting on payout from OnePoll (And can't remember whether I asked for it via PayPal or BACS now either!) but didn't expect that to be quick as they never are. I can at least adjust my signature to take account of the regular monthly payment having gone to the card now so that's all good. Hoping that Prolific will carry on trotting along as it has done today - it would be a bonus if it did! OnePoll now at £2.70 so 10% of the way to another payout! :rotfl:

Plans for this week also quite low-spend - I'm going to switch out the gym for Metafit again I think as it's more convenient as well as being half the cost - and it takes up less time which suits me. I'm heading into London tomorrow night to run with the group but that will just cost me my tube fare. :T
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business