EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,890 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OOh worth knowing about Cheery - thank you! I think Bulb were one of those we were looking at. I suspect I'll be wittering about it in the other place when I come to look so will "see you" over there! :T

Bu7b have been good price wise but failed to understand my mad meter arrangements or bill me sensibly. I had to remind them about both the bonus and the exit fee refund before those appeared on my account and they billed me for £12 the first two months followed by a ginormous bill in April. They're speedy at replying, but do appear to need a push.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,474 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bras are so expensive EH, it's frustrating when they wear out or stop fitting.

Your London Underground tour sounds interesting.

The tours are fascinating HH - I'd urge anyone with any sort of interest in that area to get onto one if they can!

beanielou wrote: »
    Talking of bras I was lucky enough to get couple at the M & S outlet at the weekend :j :j

Oh nice work Beanie - always handy to save a few ££'s on them where you can!
    Bu7b have been good price wise but failed to understand my mad meter arrangements or bill me sensibly. I had to remind them about both the bonus and the exit fee refund before those appeared on my account and they billed me for £12 the first two months followed by a ginormous bill in April. They're speedy at replying, but do appear to need a push.

Rosa xx

Ah that's good info - you're on E7 as well aren't you? I will do some reading of reviews on that side of things before I commit to them then - had enough hassle in the past going with providers who don't *quite* understand how the whole thing works!

Decent survey progress:
    OnePoll now at £23.50
    Prolific now at £8.01 payable and £5.95 pending :T:T

CC money shuffle is finished and all good - there is a surplus in the joint account which I am going to transfer off a planned purchase made on the card since the statement date, plus clearing off that payment to the electricity.

Today will not be a NSD as needed essential lady-supplies so nipped into ThaT supermarkeT this morning before work and found a special offer so took advantage. Also doing an exercise class tonight so that will be £3.50 to pay to Kenny.

Finances checked and all in place for our upcoming Islandey adventuring - MrEH is going to book the parking needed for the time we're away today or tomorrow I think and the permits will be sent to us.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,890 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ah that's good info - you're on E7 as well aren't you? I will do some reading of reviews on that side of things before I commit to them then - had enough hassle in the past going with providers who don't *quite* understand how the whole thing works!

Technically I ought to be on something else due to my bonkers meter arrangements, but Bu7b assure me they do cope with E7... just a shame they didn't check that's what I actually needed :mad: , though to be fair this also comes from the first supplier who misinformed me when I first moved into the house. My current cunning plan is to go with the original meter supplier over the summer to get it checked and sorted, then quite possibly switch again for winter. Bu7b's prices are good and I like they they're green.
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan Rosa!

More bargainous bra shopping tonight to make use of the £20 voucher I got from the previous order. 2 x £26 pretty balconettes ordered and 1 x less pretty t-shirt bra. Total cost £62 (with buy one get one half price offer giving me the t-shirt bra for £10) - £20.00 voucher redeemed, plus something reminded me to check my loyalty points balance with them and hey-presto another £7.05 to take off the tally - total paid £34.95 but one of the balconettes will go back - I just ordered the extra to get to the free post threshold - so that will be a £26 credit yet to come. 2 Bra's = £8.95. Not bad! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,644 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    2 bras for £8.95 is positively bargainous(Is that a word!)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    2 bras for £8.95 is positively bargainous(Is that a word!)

It definitely is Beanie! :D Does rely on me actually sending back the second one in the duplicated style mind - not just going "ooh, but it's pretty!" and deciding to keep it... :rotfl:

Over £11 payable on Prolific now so that's getting cashed out today. :T
    she/her
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What bargains your bras were EH , just make sure you send the others back .

The Underground Tour do I just google for a link ? Something I would love to do , next time I am in the big smoke !

I have recently discovered some really interesting tours of Manchester , of course when you live near places you never visit them, but the tours are really interesting and not so expensive . Going to book one with friend when we meet this weekend for later in the summer.

Not long to island adventuring , hoping the weather stays nice for you .
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I love exploring underground places so would enjoy the Underground tour I think. There's a hidden underground river in Bristol which I find fascinating and I'd love to go to the catacombs in Paris :D.

Well done on the bargain bras.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    The Underground tours are the London Transport Museum "Hidden London" tours - they have to be booked in advance and they can be difficult to get on to - if you haven't got access to an early-booking link you stand almost no chance of getting a weekend date for some of them. Others are easier though I think. Best bet is to sign up for the LT Museum newsletter and that then tells you when dates are being released.

I'm 20p away from cashing out OnePoll - let the sweepstake commence on how long it might take me to get that last 20p! :rotfl:

Transferred the Prolific money to the card earlier and have updated the signature to reflect. :T

£85 paid to the car air conditioning man this morning for diagnostics on mine (condenser is bust and leaking like a drain - new one plus labour will be around £230) and a minor fix and re-gas on himself's - which is now working beautifully! Also did the shopping - remembering that I had a £6 off £40 spend so stocked up on a few bits and used that so £35 on the main shop and then a bit under £8 in Al's.

Joined in with a running group in central London yesterday evening - glorious weather and a lovely bunch of people, I thoroughly enjoyed it and running along the embankment, past Tate Modern, the London Eye and over the Millenium Bridge was exceptionally fabulous! :T

Off to an airshow tomorrow - I decided it was just too long to wait another several weeks for my first show of the season so I impulse-booked an evening show not too far from here for tomorrow night. Hopefully it should be glorious light and there are some beautiful aricraft flying!
    she/her
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the info EH , will sign up next week.

Enjoy the air show tomorrow, I think this weekend will be good weather wise , here's hoping.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback