EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,617 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    The 5.01 is going me in.
    Well TBH the 5.02 to bring it into the 8's
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    The 5.01 is going me in.
    Well TBH the 5.02 to bring it into the 8's

Ahh it's the other way Beanie - the green figure is the amount paid off!

I confess I'm twitching a bit about the odd penny - although it was annoying me more when the figure was 899.01 - that was infuriating! I might yet have to give in and round it up!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Well what a lovely weekend that was! Clearly the weather gods missed the fact that it was a Bank Holiday weekend as the weather was just beautiful right through! :T

Had a nice pottery getting-things-done sort of day on Friday, and managed to squeeze in a rather hot and sticky run too. Saturday was the Christening - we headed up to Suffolk first off to get pitched at the campsite we'd chosen for the weekend, then got changed and drove on to Norfolk. Really lovely - the baby is such an adorable little smiley bundle and literally hardly did anything other than smile all day, and the photos went OK I think - not really had much of a chance to look yet! Dinner at the pub near the campsite when we got back there and a couple of well-deserved beers! Sunday we spent the whole day wandering round one of our favourite RSPB reserves which was rather excellent - had breakfast AND lunch there and then a picnic tea back at the campsite. Yesterday was packing up at th site followed by a trip to Aldeburgh, fish & chips and ice cream. All in all not actually that spendy - campsite and Saturday night's food was paid in cash, Sunday's breakfast also cash and yesterday's bits - the Sunday night food and lunch was on the card and will be covered from our fun budget. :T

Need to knuckle down again on survey stuff this week:
    £21.65 on OnePoll - that's looking quiet at the moment
    £4.27 payable and £1.70 pending on Prolific - and again quiet so far today.
    Nothing else feeling like even anywhere close at the moment - really frustrating - not even convinced I'm going to get YouGov there before the 0% card finishes at this rate, and most definitely will NOT be doing it any more once I've got it to a payable level - if indeed I ever do!

Need to think about placing another order for meat at some point soon I think - we've got almost none left in the freezer. Will probably be from Heartier again - I'm just waiting to see if a good offer comes through.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • beanielou
    Options
    Another one that wont be doing You Gov after next payout.
    It is like drawing teeth now.

Glad you had a lovely weekend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Survey update:
    Checked Power of Opinions this morning and now have 1,016 on there so just a few more from them and I can cash-out. :T
    OnePoll = £22.70
    Prolific = £6.76
    YouGov - lord knows! :rotfl:

Hoping to get the £10 from PofO before the end of this month, and *maybe* still stand a chanced at OnePoll although in typical style it's now gone quiet so will have to see.

In other MSE news - I'm having to do more spending on clothes as I think I said before - I'm really struggling with summer stuff now and have had to replace bra's yet again too - the three I bought before are now a size too big. :o Bought 4 more now as I can't see too much more changing and used the £25 voucher MrEH gave me at Christmas to take part of the cost. Got a "Buy one get second half price" deal and also a free £20 gift voucher to use off another purchase so I'm considering ordering another 3 of which one will definitely go back - that'll get me to the free delivery threshold though. Also need to get some more summer trousers and more work stuff but think I'm going to try to hit the charity shops to see what I can find there. That might be a job for Friday.

Cars are about to cost us money as we're having the aircon sorted on both (also on Friday) - MrEH's needs a re-gas and mine needs diagnostics - so £85 there before I find out what the cost to sort mine will be...want to get it done though as we're not planning on getting shot of the car any time soon and this will be the 4th summer I've been without it.

Need to stick some money on my Oyster card as I'm going into town Thursday night to join in with a running group (scary - eek! never done running with other people in a group before other than parkruns and stuff!) and we're in again on Sunday for another of the London Underground tours - Charing Cross this time.

CC money shuffle is part done but needs finishing...
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Bit of twiddling - £50 paid to the electricity account as we were in debit there by £70 - sot surprised after how long that winter dragged on for! deliberately left it a bit short as we're using so much less now - plus we're planning on shifting supplier soon so I don't want to run it too high.

In fact, researching a switch is something else I need to think about...
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,773 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I've got a Bulb referral link if you end up going with them - we both get £50 :D :money:
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    OOh worth knowing about Cheery - thank you! I think Bulb were one of those we were looking at. I suspect I'll be wittering about it in the other place when I come to look so will "see you" over there! :T
    she/her
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Bras are so expensive EH, it's frustrating when they wear out or stop fitting.

Your London Underground tour sounds interesting.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    Options
    Talking of bras I was lucky enough to get couple at the M & S outlet at the weekend :j :j

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback