The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Bad DH
    I would have carefully put a blankie over you and let you sleep.

Thanks so much for the references to the OS boards as I have found some fabulous tips and ideas and recipes on there... don't be surprised if you see me posting on there and bumping up ancient threads lol

Hope you and your tribe have a lovely day
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,657 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you have enjoyed your Saturday.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

So a day of quite a bit of unplanned expenditure :o Most of it was on BG :o and a little on me :o Whilst the expenditure on me was unplanned - it was budgetted for :) I just didn't have the budgetted money on me, and so had to visit the bank, to get some cold, hard, readies. BG was indulged a little today :o It doesn't happen often, and we won't make a habit of it, but for today........

I purchased some scottish strawberries from mrA again today. They were by far the better option when pitted against the £1.09 punnets of generic British strawberries. Worth paying 20p extra today, so thank you, L M Porter of Perthshire for growing yummy strawberries :DBG - who lurrvvvvesssss strawberries had theirs with yoghurt, I have just had mine with scottish ice-cream :j and DH will have the option of either ice-cream or yoghurt when he comes to have his dessert later on. I also bought some Scottish Jumbo porridge oats from mrA. I was on a one-woman mission to support the Scottish agricultural and horticultural industries today :D

Tea was lentil bolognese with orecchiette pasta. Possibly not the best choice of pasta, but it was what we had, so I utilised it! The sauce in the bolognese had lots of veggies in it shhh! don't tell and was all eaten up :DBG even munched the pasta happily - it wasn't a shape that they had had before, and at one stage, they were a bit sniffy about the 'wrong shape' of pasta....... but they are clearly getting more adventurous! :D

Tea last night was scampi bites, oven chips and Rachel Kelly's 3 bean salad (scroll down to page 6 for recipe), which used up the last of the bag of edamame, broad beans and peas (frozen) from m&$.

Tea on Saturday night ended up being pizza leftovers and some of the tortellini I had bought in h3r0n for those 'CBA'd' days............... ;)

Today i am grateful for these 3 things;

a laugh with a chum

bargains for BG

2 minutes to myself (really floated away, you know?)

Ta for popping in. Greatly appreciated.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,657 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Nowt to beat Scottish Perthshire strawberries :D
    Can you guess where I am from:p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Nowt to beat Scottish Perthshire strawberries :D
    Can you guess where I am from:p

Alba-so-lutely, wholeheartedly agree with you there ;)
    I know folks would say I am biased yet I have never tasted better.
    The best comes from Scotland :D
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

oooh, feeling a lorra-lorra love for Perthshire this morn! :D

DH reports that he ate his Perthshire strawberries with ice-cream (knew he would :rotfl:) and that they were, indeed, lush :D

The same cannot, however, be said for the Peruvian 'nearly ripe' avocados that I bought from HB last week. Are they buffalo 'nearly ripe'. They have sat resolutely stone-like in the fruit bowl (2 of them - 4 remain in the fridge). I got fed up this morning and cut into them, to see what was occuring. Virused, brown flesh - that's what was going on. Totally useless! 50p (at least) down the drain :mad: Or more accurately, on the compost heap, as they'd not turned to brown liquid....... _pale_ That's it for me and Peruvian avocados this year. I've had more failures than successes, so I won't buy anymore on principle. Peruvian avocados used to be wonderful; good taste, ripened beautifully, but I do not have the money to waste on rotten fruit and veg. I know you don't know until you try, but I won't be buying anymore avocados from HB either.

I've a few bits and pieces to pick up today - unfortunately, in two different directions. Wonder if I can play russian roulette and hope the last loo roll will last out if I go shopping in the other direction....... :rotfl:

Tea tonight is a mystery, which is as much the fault of the weather as anything. It was supposed to be cooler this week, according to the doom'ngloom weather forecasters, but I ain't seeing much evidence of that, so need food on the lighter/cooler side. Will put my frugal thinking cap on.

Right, genuinely can't think of owt else :money:stylee to witter on about, so best push orf.

Ta for popping in. Appreciated. Greatly. By me :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,792 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Mmm, strawberries and ice cream :j :j I am currently enjoying our own raspberries, which are joyously fruiting on the canes I got free from someone on Freegle back in the spring :j SO exciting to be able to go out there with a bowl :j :j Not been organised enough to grow strawberries yet, but I confess I actually prefer raspberries, just often can't bring myself to buy any cos they're not cheap :o

As for today's adventures, I confess I would NOT be playing roulette with the loo roll situation :eek: :rotfl: Mind you, I don't know what the alternative is so who knows! :rotfl:

Hope you have a jolly day :) Did actually rain here yesterday (a bit) and today is cloudier and a teensy bit cooler (although it's meant to warm up again later). It just goes on and on, doesn't it?

Enjoy your adventures, whatever they turn out to be :j
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    GGGRRRRRR! :mad:

I have never had much luck with cashback sites, and my most recent experience REALLY takes the biscuit!

I went through TCB for my house/contents insurance.

The company I used were only a few £'s less than my renewal quote - literally less than £10. But I was 'supposed' to get £50 'back'. Despite saying that I was eligible for it straight away, they then changed their tune and I had to wait 30 days. Then I reported it to TCB, who made me wait a further 60 days before they would submit a claim.

I went to TCB to give them a nudge today. Only to find that my claim has been rejected by the company, as apparently it wasn't the only referral associated with my application. I only have a TCB a/c. I don't have any other referral mechanisms.

What a bunch of......................................

Once this insurance has lapsed (hope and pray there is no need to claim in the interim), I shall NEVER use that company again. They are liars.

And I am less than enamoured with the concept of cashback.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

eying. :(

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,792 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Oh dear Greying, what fiends! I too can't be doing with cashback. I'm sure ut's great when it works, and I've never had a problem myself (largely because I mostly ignore it) but it seems extremely frustrating at times!

Don't let it ruin your day lass xxx
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,946 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh Greying, that's so annoying about the cashback :(:(

I was just popping in to say I've followed your recipe for yoghurt twice now and it's delish! :D It had been on my to-do list for forever, but I'd never got around to it. I didn't quite follow the method as I don't have a thermos big enough - so I just popped it in a (covered) jug in the airing cupboard (probably unnecessary in this heat!). But either way, it worked brilliantly, so THANK YOU! :D
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure