The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Must admit I would have taken the voucher & used it even to buy some bits for the FB.

My dearest beanie, as ever, you are quite, quite right. That would have been a really good use of the voucher. I didn't think of it :o In my defence - and it's not defence at all really, our FF is out of the way, and I would have had to make a special journey to go there and then see what they had that would have been suitable for the FB (plenty I'm sure :o). On my pootle about, it occured to me that I could have taken up the offer of the voucher and then sent it to the (new) FB that I support in the near-ish town. And I kicked myself :o The only slight saving grace of that idea not occuring to me earlier, is that I've subsequently found that there isn't a FF where that FB is located. The voucher would have been no real use to them.

But you're right, I could have done 'more good' with the voucher :o

rtandon - time does indeed fly. And whilst I don't think BG is yet ready for a full parliamentary debate in the upper chamber, there are definitely a number of 'recognisable' things that they say :D Some of it does need 'parental interpretation' to others, but BG knows what they mean! :rotfl: Oh, and 'thanks' for embracing weird :kisses3::rotfl::rotfl:XX

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Hello sauceoclock :hello: I only get to mention the beer festival unfortunately :( It is others that are going to enjoy themselves there :D :beer: But my friend did say that it is supposed to be the best outside of Londinium town, so......

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello sauceoclock :hello: I only get to mention the beer festival unfortunately :( It is others that are going to enjoy themselves there :D :beer: But my friend did say that it is supposed to be the best outside of Londinium town, so......

Greying X

I seem to remember queuing for almost 2 hours to get in last year.. Not my bag I'm afraid! Would rather spend 2 hours curled up with a blanket drinking a cup of tea - I'm only 25 but sometimes think they've made a mistake on my birth certificate! :o

I'm trying a pumpkin soup recipe tonight after picking up loads of cheap pumpkins at the local shop to my office today (80p each and they're the big ones!). How do you usually tell yours are ripe?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy FRiday Grayling & friends :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options

I'm trying a pumpkin soup recipe tonight after picking up loads of cheap pumpkins at the local shop to my office today (80p each and they're the big ones!). How do you usually tell yours are ripe?

Sorry hun,late to the party. Um, it's sometimes difficult, and I'm not sure if there is a fool-proof way. I look at the stem. Is it green and fresh, or more brown, brittle and obviously drying? It's heavily dependent on variety, but if we're talking the ubiquitous 'halloween' orange pumpkins, are they nicely 'orange' or do they have streaks of green? if they do, they are less likely to be fully ripe - but again, that can be down to genetics, rather than ripeness. Failing all that, you can only tell, when you cut the pumpkin and if the flesh is lovely and orange, then it's ripe. But if there is a 'greeness' then.........:( But that's only my experience - of HG pumpkins and bought. A ripe pumpkin is nice eating. A less than ripe pumpkin.................

Snuggling under a blankie sounds fab :DBG is an expert :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a picture of you in my head with a big pumpkin on the kitchen worktop trying to slice it up and little BG saying no mummy I want a nose and a mouth ! Not this year obviously but in the future
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    :rotfl::T:rotfl::T:rotfl:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    I have a picture of you in my head with a big pumpkin on the kitchen worktop trying to slice it up and little BG saying no mummy I want a nose and a mouth ! Not this year obviously but in the future

I fear you will be right! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hope you've had a lovely day x
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Yes thank you Hiddenidentity, we very much did have a lovely day out :D

We took a sanger for a wander to [STRIKE]our[/STRIKE] my most favouritist place (I think). I've converted (read: worn him into submission) DH over the years, and now I think we've a convert in BG as they were happy, smiling and laughing the entire time we were there :D:T:j They screamed the place down, last time we went :( For the umpteenth time in my life, I'm able to say, 'What a difference 9 months makes' :rotfl:

I remain grateful that we've a maintained car and a bit of extra money for fuel to enable days out like this. I truly am :D

The sangers and cake and general provisions were all HM. Tea last night was pesto pasta, as time was ticking on by the time we'd got back, got unpacked and attended to BG's needs etc. If not having curry on a Saturday night is enough to turn rtandon's hair white - we didn't have pizza and wedges on Friday night either! :eek: We had cardboard box fish, oven chips and mushy peas instead, as time ran away :(

I'm not sure what will be for tea tonight. I've got pizza as a thought, but it depends what, if anything, we end up doing. I'm not thinking that we'll be going adventurising again - even locally. But i've not had that convo with DH yet. There are plenty of chores to attend to at the homestead. So I may well yet do pizza & wedges. Lunch will have to be soup, as we're running lowish on bread, and there'll need to be some for snap tomorrow.

It'll be close to the wire in budgetary terms. But I'm not in need of overly much, and I think that I can work out something on the meal planner that doesn't need much extra to be bought. Even a £1 or 2 in the black pleases me these days. And of course, if I can continue to buy bits and pieces for the FB as we go along each week, I'm more 'up' financially than I'm giving myself credit for :o

Oh, I did have to laugh, as for the first time ever mrT sent through a e-mail reminder that some of my vouchers are about to expire - I've a month left on about a fiver - why couldn't they have done this before :D:rotfl: Ah well, they've been good and I'm not out of pocket, thanks to the advice of MSE'rs, so no complaints from me :D

Um, can't think of owt else MS, so best go and find me some brekkie. DH and BG are in the midst of theirs now. My coffee cup is empty, so time to vamoose.

Ta for popping by and reading. Appreciated. Greatly.

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure