The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good evening :hello:

Well, today has been pretty spiffing :D

BG is going through a phase of liking to sit quietly with 'an adult' for a cwtch, and a 'look' at a book for a moment - or sometimes even a little while :D They make sure their lap quilt is to hand, maybe their soft toy too and they 'snuggle' in :D I realise that it won't last and I'm savouring every moment. But oh, how it makes my day :D So simple. So special :smileyhea

We saw a couple of people up the high street that we knew, and we caught up with their doings and wot not. One was off to the Beer Festival in Norwich at the weekend - pity they don't know EH, else I'd have given them a fiver to get her a brew of choice (including tea or coffee if so desired :D)

A very kind friend gave me a cup of bio washing detergent, as BG threw their porridge out of their hands a while back, and the stale milk smell isn't pleasant in the carpet :( I'd read it was the best thing to get the stain/odour out, but didn't want to buy a box full, as we're allergic to bio washing powder. I got down on my knees, donned me marigolds and using a strong solution of washing detergent - scrubbed like h3ck! The carpet is still damp, so I can't say whether the stain has come out. It certainly smells better though! When it has completely dried, I will put some bicarb on it and then vaccum it up. As a side issue, i used a tea stained tea spoon to make up the bio solution, and was somewhat surprised at how clean and sparkly it came up :eek: None of our tea cups have stains now either, and I've a draw of shiny teaspoons. Gonna tackle DH's work flask next :eek:

I took a leaf out of beanie's book and followed up with observations about sub-standard frozen veg. I purposely didn't complain, and I'm not after my money back. I just dont' want that carpy product to be on offer to customers in the future. The health bods are always banging on about us not eating enough veg, well why would we, when eating a bale of hay is preferable in both taste and texture :eek:

We had the Lemony spinach hot pot for tea. I love that dish :D I used frozen spinach, which was great and served it with brown rice. Lush :D

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

BG's cwtch & cuddle time
    - savouring, savouring, savouring every moment :D

that BG pointed out I'd left my 'kee-kees' in the lock
    .... on the outside of the door :eek:

for helping hands from kind friends
    :D

Ta for popping in, reading and supporting me. Appreciated. Greatly.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yah for lovely cuddles :love:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What a perfect moment to treasure, a book, someone to cuddle and a quilt too. Sounds wonderful - sadly think my 29 or 26 year old children won’t agree to trying that!

Enjoy and treasure
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Oh maggiem - your post made me laugh out loud :D:rotfl: It minded me of those pictures you see on the internet, where families have recreated photos from years ago, and what was a babe in arms 30 years ago, has transformed into a 6 foot, 15 stone hulk - with a beard - and it is particularly funny, when they complete the look with a crocheted bunnet and dummy :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yes, to be treasured indeed :D

The frozen food retailer has responded :D So nice that I didn't receive an automated 'your comments are important to us, we will respond sometime within the next 48 hours.........' I've declined the compensatory voucher, that's not why I wrote, I just wrote to raise awareness that the product wasn't edible.

BG is currently napping. They have been a bit teary this morning. But grizzly not 'in pain' tears. I think they are a bit overly tired.

I'm doing Feijoada for tea. Must remember to get the frozen pumpkin and black beans out.

Stopped and did it whilst I thought about it!

We'll pop out for a breath of fresh air later. I'm currently waiting for the postie, who may bring my online order today - fingers crossed, the parcels usually arrive pdq from that particular company.

The only thing we might need today is bread. I'll check and get DH to get some if it's desperate, or I might try to eke it out and have him go tomorrow, when we're bound to need several other bits and pieces.

I need to pop some money in the bank to pay my CC bill. I've got most of it already saved up - quite a few bits have been for BG so I moved the money over from the family allowance as we went along. It's taken quite a hit this month :( How I'm missing my chazza bargains, although I do tend to purchase some things new for BG regardless of whether you can sometimes come across them in chazzers.

Can't think of owt else MS, so best vamoose.

Ta for popping in and making me laugh :D Appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,780 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh, well done for getting in touch with the retailer Greying, and I'm glad they responded! (I confess I would have taken the voucher and run :o ) Hope you have a nice pootle later :)
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    I know what you mean Cheery - and it's not like we're so flush with cash we can stand chucking money down the drain. But I find that it is a hinderance to putting across your disappointment with a product.

Sometimes you need to tell a shop that something is wrong. If they offer compensation that is all very well. But if you find lots of things wrong, you are seen as compensation chasing - rather than perhaps, that there really is something wrong with a system, or a fridge is the wrong temp, or shelf-stackers are putting new stock at the front, or whatever.......

I usually point out things are wrong so that it doesn't happen again. Usually that is the most important factor for me. Yup, I know I'm weird......... :o:rotfl:

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Must admit I would have taken the voucher & used it even to buy some bits for the FB.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,780 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Oh definitely think what you did was the right thing Greying! :kisses3: I just wouldn't have been so morally right about it :o :rotfl:
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    that BG pointed out I'd left my 'kee-kees' in the lock[/I].... on the outside of the door

ooooo - BG is big enough to 'talk' - my has time flown!!!
    I'm weird......... :o:rotfl:

...precisely why we love you!:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello! Bit of a lurker coming out of the woodwork, fellow veggie! Saw you mentioned the beer festival, as a Norwich-ite I never knew how highly regarded the festival is. I usually go every year but sad to say I no longer drink alcohol so miss out on the festivities, my OH is going tonight.. He loves it as there are lots of vegan choices for him.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure