Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families» Deaths, Funerals & Probate

My Sisters Bank Won't Let her release My Inheritance To Me-Please Help. - Page 36

New Post Advanced Search

My Sisters Bank Won't Let her release My Inheritance To Me-Please Help.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
374 replies 58K views

Replies

• -taff-taff Forumite
    12.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

• thorsoakthorsoak Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    DWP will only be interested once the money hits your bank. Until then, it is a legacy. That's when you inform them. Now STOP WORRYING
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    annbarbs wrote: »
    I don't bank online and I want my bank details online.
    It's not safe.

I don't think that is a good idea to have the money in small amounts. Because I am on benefits.
    And if I receive any money that takes me over the DWP limit my benefits will be stopped.
    Then if the payments stopped coming I would have to apply for benefits again.
    And I would have problems getting my benefits back.

So it is better for me to wait until my Solicitor gets me my full inheritance.
    My benefits will stop but I will have 118k so I won't have any worries.

Nothing wrong with online banking, if you take the right precautions you will be safe.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorsoak wrote: »
    DWP will only be interested once the money hits your bank. Until then, it is a legacy. That's when you inform them. Now STOP WORRYING

Exactly, not much in telling DWP months before you get the money.
  • ViolaLassViolaLass Forumite
    5.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you registered with your GP?
  • itsanneitsanne Forumite
    5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    annbarbs wrote: »
    Actually this forum has helped me a lot.
    What really panicked me was when the woman in the launderette said the worst scenario is that I won't get my money.

I've avoided replying n this thread as it would just be repeating what everyone else is saying, however the above is concerning. Please try not to discuss all this with random people. It's really not a good idea.

Please sort out a GP. Having had support withdrawn two years ago does not mean you would not get any now. The evidence of everything you have posted suggests you would (and you could print this thread to show the GP).
    . . .I did not speak out

Then they came for me
    And there was no one left
    To speak out for me..

Martin Niemoller
  • securityguysecurityguy Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I am on ESA, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and DLA."

ESA, but no job. DLA, but no need to see a doctor.
  • kelpie35kelpie35 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    OP there are many people who are on the Autistic Spectrum who are able to work and look after a home etc.

I am sure if you put some effort into finding a job or volunteering somewhere, you would not have so much time on your hands to worry about your inheritance.

You will get the money when the time is right, but for now concentrate on finding a job or helping out someone so much worse off than yourself.
  • BrightyBrighty Forumite
    755 posts
    ✭✭✭
    "I am on ESA, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and DLA."

ESA, but no job. DLA, but no need to see a doctor.

High rate care DLA no less, which is for " Help or supervision throughout both day and night, or you’re terminally ill" Amazing that someone with apsergers who lives alone, goes to the launderette etc. can get that.

Brighty
  • seven-day-weekendseven-day-weekend Forumite
    36.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think the remarks about the OP's level of Benefits are either helpful or appropriate. At the moment she is not well. It is not good to kick someone when they are already down.

I do agree that she needs to register with a GP asap.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support