Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families» Deaths, Funerals & Probate

My Sisters Bank Won't Let her release My Inheritance To Me-Please Help. - Page 34

New Post Advanced Search

My Sisters Bank Won't Let her release My Inheritance To Me-Please Help.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
374 replies 58K views

Replies

• gettingtheresometimegettingtheresometime Forumite
    6.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ann

I fully understand that you want your inheritance and that you have plans for when you receive it (even if the general opinion is that you're making a big mistake)

I fully understand that you are concerned that your sisters are delaying the payment of that inheritance.

However I see little point in going to another solicitor, to rack up a higher legal bill, only to be told the same story. All this will do is to decrease the amount you will be able to use for your life afterwards.

Please register with a doctor today - even if its one that you don't like for the time being.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card / JD Williams cleared :) thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge
  • thorsoakthorsoak Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    altojack wrote: »
    And is this meant to be encouraging ? Demanding OP to prove anything is only going to put more pressure on her. Not a good move in any way.[/QUOTE

She is putting pressure on her sisters and solicitor and then complains- which also are not good moves. She has alienated those who might be able to help her - just as posters here are becoming more and more exasperated with her.

I do understand her problems - having worked alongside and with people who have aspergers, I do see how their minds work. And the one thing that she needs to do, it so look at her problem as the problem it is making for others.
  • benten69benten69 Forumite
    356 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Most banks will allow you to do an online transfer of £20,000 in 1 go without needing to go into the bank. Simply get your sister to transfer the money to you at £20,000 (or whatever Barcleys max limit is) every week. Should get all your money fairly quickly that way. Job done, unless I am missing something....
    7.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    benten69 wrote: »
    Most banks will allow you to do an online transfer of £20,000 in 1 go without needing to go into the bank. Simply get your sister to transfer the money to you at £20,000 (or whatever Barcleys max limit is) every week. Should get all your money fairly quickly that way. Job done, unless I am missing something....

Because the funds are in an executors' account,it requires the two signatories to make the payments.
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Good News.
    I have phoned my Solicitor again just now and he spoke to me.

I told him I am sorry if I am going on about the same thing but it's my condition I cannot help it.

I asked him what do we do now since my sister won't speak to me.

My solicitor told me again that my sister will have to go to the Court Of protection if my sister does not get well.

And if she does not then my solicitor will do it.

But he said the same as you said.
    That is not going to happen now as first he will try to resolve this by writing to my sisters.

My Solicitor said he is going to wrote to the well sister to find out what is happening.
    And he will try to resolve this problem by writing to my sister first.
    To both remind her of their responsibility as executors. And hopefully this will get my sister to go to the bank and pay out the money,without having to go to court

Now that I have spoken to my solicitor and he has told me he still wants to help me get my inheritance.
    I won't look for another solicitor.

I will let him write to my sister and we have to see if we can resolve the problem that way without having to go to court.

I also told my solicitor that I have tried talking to the well sister myself but she puts the phone down on me and ignores my emails.

Indeed the last email she replied to was only to tell me not to email my ill sister again or she will have to tell the crisis team.
    I told my solicitor that as well.

And my solicitor advises me not to phone or email my sisters again and let him write to my sisters on my behalf.

That is good advise since my sisters don't want to talk to me, and I am only making it worse by contacting them.
    I said that.

So the good news is my solicitor IS going to help me solve this problem and get my money.

But I am not going to push him too for by ringing him to much.
    Because that's where people get fed up with me.

It's like when I reported my leak on the roof to my housing association
    If I phoned my HA 6 times a day and went to the office every day they would get fed up with me.
    But I don't do that.
    So it's the same with my Solicitor.
    I must not phone him to often with the same thing or he too will get fed up and I don't want that.
    In other words I must not drive him mad or he will get fed up and not bother with me.
    But he is going to help sort this out and get me my money.
    which is good news for me.
  • ViolaLassViolaLass Forumite
    5.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    So while you're waiting, you can go and register with your GP.
    7.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    annbarbs wrote: »
    Good News.
    I have phoned my Solicitor again just now and he spoke to me.

I told him I am sorry if I am going on about the same thing but it's my condition I cannot help it.

I asked him what do we do now since my sister won't speak to me.

My solicitor told me again that my sister will have to go to the Court Of protection if my sister does not get well.

And if she does not then my solicitor will do it.

But he said the same as you said.
    That is not going to happen now as first he will try to resolve this by writing to my sisters.

My Solicitor said he is going to wrote to the well sister to find out what is happening.
    And he will try to resolve this problem by writing to my sister first.
    To both remind her of their responsibility as executors. And hopefully this will get my sister to go to the bank and pay out the money,without having to go to court

Now that I have spoken to my solicitor and he has told me he still wants to help me get my inheritance.
    I won't look for another solicitor.

I will let him write to my sister and we have to see if we can resolve the problem that way without having to go to court.

I also told my solicitor that I have tried talking to the well sister myself but she puts the phone down on me and ignores my emails.

Indeed the last email she replied to was only to tell me not to email my ill sister again or she will have to tell the crisis team.
    I told my solicitor that as well.

And my solicitor advises me not to phone or email my sisters again and let him write to my sisters on my behalf.

That is good advise since my sisters don't want to talk to me, and I am only making it worse by contacting them.
    I said that.

So the good news is my solicitor IS going to help me solve this problem and get my money.

But I am not going to push him too for by ringing him to much.
    Because that's where people get fed up with me.

It's like when I reported my leak on the roof to my housing association
    If I phoned my HA 6 times a day and went to the office every day they would get fed up with me.
    But I don't do that.
    So it's the same with my Solicitor.
    I must not phone him to often with the same thing or he too will get fed up and I don't want that.
    In other words I must not drive him mad or he will get fed up and not bother with me.
    But he is going to help sort this out and get me my money.
    which is good news for me.

That is good. Now print out this post, and pin it above your phone - every time you want to ring someone - read your post!
  • edited 27 October 2016 at 3:55PM
    SystemSystem Forumite
    177.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 October 2016 at 3:55PM
    I am glad my solicitor spoke to me on the phone.
    He told me what he is going to do about this.
    He is going to write to my sisters and tr to resolve this that way first without going to court.
    Remember that my sisters did not want to sell the house but after my solicitor wrote to them my sistes did because they did not want to be taken to court.

And when my solicitor knew the house was sold he wrote to my sisters giving them 2 weeks to pay me the money.
    And my sisters were going to do this,until my sister got ill.

So if my solicitor writes to them, my sister will get themselves to the bank and pay me my money.

But I won't email my sister again because they don't want to talk to me.
    I will let my solicitor write to my sisters instead they will listen to him more than me.
    Hopefully that will resolve this problem.

Now that I know my solicitor is still going to help me I feel a lot better now.
    At least I don't have to get another Solicitor.

But as people have advised here I must not push it too much.
    Or my solicitor could get fed up with me if I phone him to often.

So will wait until I hear from my solicitor again before I phone him.
    He said he will write to me as soon as he has heard from my sister.
    So I won't phone him again for at least 2 weeks.
    As I don't want to push it.

But the god news is that my solicitor is going to help me get my money.
    So now I can rest assured and go and get a GP.
    I feel a lot better now.
  • SnooksNJSnooksNJ Forumite
    829 posts
    ✭✭✭
    ViolaLass wrote: »
    Has your solicitor said that they wouldn't hand the money over if they got it? Why don't you trust them?
    I think if that were the case the sisters would have convinced the Mom to either not include the OP in the will or sign at least a portion of the house over to them at some point. The £77K in cash would be stashed somewhere as well.
  • edited 27 October 2016 at 4:34PM
    SystemSystem Forumite
    177.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 October 2016 at 4:34PM
    benten69 wrote: »
    I don't bank online and I want my bank details online.
    It's not safe.

I don't think that is a good idea to have the money in small amounts. Because I am on benefits.
    And if I receive any money that takes me over the DWP limit my benefits will be stopped.
    Then if the payments stopped coming I would have to apply for benefits again.
    And I would have problems getting my benefits back.

So it is better for me to wait until my Solicitor gets me my full inheritance.
    My benefits will stop but I will have 118k so I won't have any worries.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support