Comments

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Or directly to full article, here:
    http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/news/Family-facing-the-fear-of.3554514.jp
    Hmmm.........my opinion only.
    But, if all publicity is good publicity - it's out there now.
    I'm to t'response link, you too floss?
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    Just about to read & "comment".......
  • saffronflowers
    Options
    I think it is a clear and to the point article, it explains everything concisly. I suspect the council are not going to be feeling very good with their treatment especially as they say they take into account other circumstances, which they blatantly did not.

SFx
  • poorbabe
    poorbabe Posts: 896 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Ampersand and MoT - just read the newspaper articles :mad: :mad:

I am gobsmacked at how people can be forced into these conditions in this day and age. Even allowing for a severe shortage of social housing, why is not possible to help the less fortunate using the private sector?

We can lobby to bring a teacher back but can't/won't house people in desperate need?

I'd love to say more but I'd only get myself in trouble..... :mad: :mad:

((((((MoT, I-T and the twins)))))))))))
  • kisto
    kisto Posts: 7,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have 'stumbled' and 'facebooked' the story...a little bit more publicity.
    :T*Thanks to all who posts comps * :j
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    GGRRR...no "link"...have left a comment on "Your Say"
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,991 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think its a good article - short and to the point, so people will read it.

Bottom line shown is that council are going to evict a family from a council property just before Xmas.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • mumoftwins
    mumoftwins Posts: 2,498 Forumite
    Options
    I really don't know if this will help but I had a pm from one of you who has emailed Gordon Brown detailing my situation and directing him to this thread. I emailed him a few weeks ago and he replied saying that he had passed the matter to another dept (I'm not at home so can't get name of dept but will do later) for them to deal with.

So................would any of you feel like emailing him too please? I just wondered if lots of inundated him with emails about this it MAY do some good:confused:
    Christians Against Poverty - www.capuk.org
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,991 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The "your say" link doesn't work for me.

Does everyone get an advert for Coventry IKEA in the middle of the article?
    How bad product placement is that?
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • mumoftwins
    mumoftwins Posts: 2,498 Forumite
    Options
    floss2 wrote: »
    GGRRR...no "link"...have left a comment on "Your Say"
    Just clicked on "Your Say" tab at top of papers page and its not been updated, so I will check again later - shame I haven't got an unidentifiable email name or I could leave a comment too!!
    Christians Against Poverty - www.capuk.org
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport