PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 26th September 2016

Options

Comments

• Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday Valli, hope you have had a lovely day and been spoilt rotten.

aaf4aa44a174e1e4d657065fa4d14e20.jpg
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Narc0lepsy
    Options
    I'm only skim reading today.
    - Went to tip am and decluttered 12 large bags of garden prunings/shreddings. Came home and did a bit more.
    - Also went into a couple of large shops and got everything for the Christmas shoebox appeal, my mum is a collection point for them and as we're visiting her this weekend it has made me get my ***e into gear - I usually mis the deadline locally.
    - Mr N and I spent ages sorting out holiday photos before we forget what's what. Took ages uploading photos of other members of our group to put in a shared album (rural internet) then realised I'd used a different email address so they will have no idea where it has come from.
    - printed off paperwork for 2 new assessment bookings.
    - arranged to see a 1:1 student tomorrow
    - did a bit more writing of a report.

er that doesn't sound much. Cooking and eating. Catching up on recorded Strictly. Oh yes, rang a man about ballroom dancing lessons - I love it but Mr N is very dubious as he has no rhythm but has kindly offered to come and learn. We start on Wed eve so he doesn't have time to think about it. .......
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all and a warm welcome to the new peoples and returners over the last two weeks :hello:

Belated birthday wishes Valli and healing vibes for your sister

Thanks for the lists Natty and what a gorgeous birthday card

ATB - car selling vibes and get thee to the Drs PDQ

Hope your DS1 did well this evening Mrs MP - will he be famous ?

Hope you're recovering CY - sending some gentle virtual hugs and get-home-soon vibes

Sorry you're in soo much pain LW and hope it soon eases. Great news you have doggie guests on the way.

Well I'm back, sorry late to the gate and definitely in this week.

We've had a super duper holibobs. It was lovely to see DS, though he's been really busy and fairly tired this end of the season obviously. We had a meal together every day, managing to find a couple of new-to-us eateries, and a couple of drinks a few times, and spent quite a bit of time at his bar which was fun.

Every day hot and sunny in top 20s bar one, when we had the most fabadosy storm with real crashing thunder and lightening for one and a half hours. Went on one boat trip, which was okay as not a 'drinking' one and had loads of restful reading time and watching the goings-on in the harbour from the balcony. We managed to see most of our old friends as well, which was a lovely bonus. Only down was lack of WIFI in the hotel this year, suspect they've stopped paying for it !!

Back to normal now and have slept hours and hours this weekend on recovery :D However, all unpacking done, go-away basics sorted and repacked and passport left out to get renewed this month.

Had to go shopping to restock fridge and made a large order at Mr T for delivery t/m. Have checked all the bank accounts and done money shuffle for payments this week.

Have done dailies, three loads of washing and drying (where appropriate) and now have the house festooned with drying on hangers. Can't do any more washing until that's dry :o

Will have a look at lists t/m and get started on them. Also have my Spanish lessons to catch up with. Hope it's dry as I have the balcony boxes and planters to sort out (wet and windy today).

Sending buckets of hugs, spoon, sticks and vibes to all needing some. Hope you all have a super Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Morning

Glad you have a great time Lynne it sounds amazing.

Fretting about something that has to be done at work today, didnt sleep well. Just going to sort out some washing then get ready for the paid stuff, both jobs today.

Have a good Tuesday everyone x
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok.

Just the dusty bits in the LR sorted this morning.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    YL - Sorry you had such an unsettled night, I hope today isn't as bad as you feared xx

Lynne - glad you had a wonderful time xx

Morning all :)

black bin has already been emptied so I have been outdoors cleaning it out with bleach and WUL. The neighbours must think I'm bonkers!

Batch cooking on the list today in addition to the proper list. Am about to ring the doctors

Have lovely days all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2016 at 7:02PM
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs and very good wishes to everyone
    Thanks for the good wishes for Ds1 he did do good last night went down really well and is going up (why do I refer to London as 'up'?) at the end of the week to do another gig. Hoping his fingers heal in time, he plays too hard and invariably cuts himself to ribbons on the guitar wires.

Make sure you do something you each enjoy today and tell the people you love how you feel about them, life is precious and so are the people in it.

Going to go and scrub something as I need to occupy myself.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My post from late last night has disappeared :(

Big day for me today and no time to re-write what I wrote last night, so I'll just say welcome back to tooch and send (((hugs))) spoons and sticks to all in need x

I'll see you all again later in the week - I may need some time to recover... but at least most of my house is clean and tidy before I succumb to academic pressures :rotfl:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 September 2016 at 9:06AM
    Options
    Welcome home Tooch!

I really should get a pile of photos on my desk sorted into some kind of order so I can get the local stationery superstore place to scan everything that's bigger than A4 scanned and shoved on a memory stick for the American side of the family. That's a Toots list thing, a 15 minutes sorting paperwork thing and a right old Frog. I might save actually sending the memory stick to them until December so they can have a look at it all over the festive season. Hmm. Possibly earlier for Thanksgiving; that would be rather fitting. And a bit of carpet sucking for Level 1 and then I can get back to sewing. Excellent.

Rather a nifty co-incidence, actually. The lodger who arrived yesterday spied my sewing machine on the dining table and told me her grandmother had exacdtly the same one, so I'm going to be picking her brain on how to use it's more complicated controls. Plus which she's Wardrobe on a touring production and they're the most practical sewists I know. Hurrah!
    Better is good enough.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2016 at 6:51PM
    Options
    Well DS and I have walked DD to school, been to the PO, jumped in loads of puddles and walked very slowly back! Had a late brekkie of chorizo omelette and about to put a wash on. Steam cleaned the kitchen floor too. Cuppa time xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport