PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    TY Polly :D I'm fine really, just after all the excitement of a new diagnosis and hope that the steroids would work miracles, I'm finding out that nothing has changed apart from being slightly worse than I was already. Apparently our cortisol controls so many things in the body, one of them being blood sugar - and now I'm having random slumps when that drops suddenly. But yes, got me knitting beside me, got the wee cat, and got a pile of books. In my 20s & 30s I used to long for that kind of life so now I'm not complaining :D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 February 2017 at 4:27PM
    Options
    I did notice you mentioned pip awarded low care after the claim . I'm not trying to teach my granny to suck eggs but did you feel yourself that was fair . I know many don't challenge decisions due to fear of losing the lot . If I was making the award I would have seen high care as the only fair outcome .
    I did think it was mean; but I had an awful time in the assessment; the woman was a real bully, and seemed to be deliberately speaking quietly, then getting all impatient with me when I asked her to repeat what she'd said. She also phrased things in a way I didn't understand, and got all huffy with me when I said "I'm sorry, I don't understand" which I had to do several times.:(
    I got to the point where I'd have agreed with her if she'd said the sky was green with orange dots, if it would have gotten me out of that room quicker! :eek:

I probably "should" have challenged it, but to be honest, I simply didn't feel strong enough mentally to go through all the rigmarole of that, plus of course the risk of losing everything, so I decided to just be content, and thank the gods I didn't have to go through it again for another three years.

My main concern was the mobility element; if I'd had to forfeit my Blue Badge I'd have been effectively confined to the house.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Trying again after trying to send a long post earlier this afternoon . I got the login thing when I was already logged in . All attempts failed and in the end I went into a long sulk and strop and then went to do something else .
    Have made a mental note to stop long posts and go for shorter . Let's see how that goes .
    Mar You seem to have all the things that bring you joy around you . Shame about the slumps but at least some things seem more positive . Let's hope for an early spring we're nearly into March so here's to days out on the bike and sunshine . I seem to say this every year but hope is our weapon of choice and sometimes it does work .

Hope you were ok today LW . I do understand why you settled for the lower award . Frustrating and unfair as it is I think if dds had been turned down I think we would have possibly done the MR which would be done without her presence as her appointee as she couldn't have done it . I don't think we'd have gone to appeal as the five months waiting for the award nearly finished her off .
    On a better note , how is the cardi coming along ?
    Wishing you both a restful night - crosses fingers .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Pollyanna, why don't you use Microsoft word for your long posts, when it's finished, copy and paste it onto the forum, then delete the document. I have had terrible problems with mt internet timing out on me, this is a way round the problem.

Having been a very active person with just mild fibro having a pacemaker 18 months ago and then breathing problems, I am having to take stock. I get very tired and cannot do what I used to. I am waiting for the results of an MRI scan, which will determine the next step. I am the sole career for my husband who has multiple health problems.

I gave just applied for attendance allowance, fingers crossed I get it, am looking in to having someone in for a few hours once a week to do the heavy cleaning. I do a job and then have to sit down to recover.

I still cook from scratch, but to be honest I am considering getting a few Wiltshire FF in for the days when I just do not feel like, or CBA to cook.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Good morning and welcome to the thread Csarina . I remember you very well from the daily thread . I've not been on there for ages , I found it hard to keep up with all the different names and posts as a newbie and last year real life meant I struggled to keep up across mse .
    I do read the daily when I can and felt for you when you were desperate to get back home when you were on holiday
    Thank you for your tip about Microsoft Word . I am still possibly the least techie person on the forums but my youngest is the complete opposite and will no doubt explain verbally and then as usually happens write it down for me in plain clear steps :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I hope both the MRI results and AA claim go well . It's so hard to be both a carer and ill yourself but here we understand and it's a safe little corner to come . Anything that eases the load is good . I haven't any experience of Wiltshire meals personally but have heard positive things from others . I do keep cheat meals , M&S meals are good and seem to be on 3 for 2 offers much of the time , most of them can be frozen and many are microwavable .
    Fingers crossed for your results . Don't be a stranger . We're still emerging from hibernation at the moment but you'll notice the familiar faces already . Best wishes to you both .
    Take care
    polly

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone - just noodling on here with a cuppa but really need to get my act together and have a shower and quick tidy before my Manager and Occupational Health rep arrive. Feel a bit anxious about it so a broken night but not sure why as I'm sure it will be fine. Will report back later..............
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Morning Caronc I'll be sending positive vibes today , all will be well .
    See you later
    polly

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    edited 21 February 2017 at 4:54PM
    Options
    I remember you Csarina from Frugaldom's forum when you were living on the farm near Haddington. We take a drive there in summer for a walk around the shops then to my son in Port Seaton.
    Today we're heading over to Peebles, I'm hitting the shops and the tearooms for the first time in months and months. Soooo excited lol I feel like I'm 7!
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Wow freedom at last Mar , enjoy the day see you later .
    polly

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Pollyanna, thanks for the welcome, I did recognise some old friends when I read through.

The nearest M & S we have is a Simply shop at a grage on the other side of Melton. Our neighbour has WFF, she says they are very good.

I am facing a possible bypass op, so I may well order several for OH. My daughter will have him for supper on a sunday, but its more difficult now she works full time to have him for any other meals. We do have friends who will take pity on him I suspect.

My health has not been helped by the strain of looking after OH, he is fine just now, each day he ok is a bonus. I am keeping my fingers crossed re the AA. It will be such a help. Having to move 3 times in 3 years was a financial strain, but thankfully we are coming to the end of the payback.

I am planning on getting someone in once a week to give the bungalow a good going over, I can managed to keep the bathroom, kitchen and loo ok apart from the floors. The kitchen and loom are not too bad, but cleaning the wetroom floor is something else. Its non slip and because we have hard water it quickly shows signs of limescale on the floor and the tiles, its a job and a half.

Right time to go and make the sarnie for lunch........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure