PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ye gods and little fishes, Polly you really have had it all at once! I'll have a quiet word with Loki to leave you alone for a bit, shall I? ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Omg POLLY , you've really been through the mill hun! Hope you both feel better asap 😊
    You'll be pleased to know that I had my bloods done, but had a shock as i'm severely anaemic , even though i'm on iron tabs.Turns out i'm not absorbing them due to pernicious anaemia, so might need transfusions :eek:
    Thyroid is borderline, but i'm paying privately for a full thyroid panel.Long story why, but I will update .... 🙄
    LW my hair is also really falling out, maybe your iron is low too ? 😣
    Feel like i've moaned too much, so healing huggles to all xxxx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Sorry to read about you and your daughter Polly.xx

I'm okay at the mo, still having the therapy each week and just taking each day at a time health-wise.

I didn't take a Lyrica last night and am paying for it today as I have a really stiff neck and shoulder on my left side. I just used some deep heat cream on it, wow, that stuff is hot, haha.:D I had forgotten.

I have the GP next week and was going to ask to be referred to a chiropodist or a podiatrist. I have noticed a bump on my right heel and I'm not sure what it is.:eek:
    candygirl wrote: »

Thyroid is borderline, but i'm paying privately for a full thyroid panel.Long story why, but I will update .... 🙄

I was thinking of doing that too.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,768 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you and your daughter have been so ill Polly. Likewise LW - I hope you feel better soon.

Candy that's a lot to take in. Will you need vitamin B injections too or do you already have those?
  • LameWolf
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    LW my hair is also really falling out, maybe your iron is low too ? 😣
    Possibly - though I do take a daily iron tablet. But hair loss is also a known feature of lupus.:( I suppose I should take steps to get it checked, but I just don't have the energy to do so right now.

Ooh, Candygirl transfusions sounds a bit scary.

Currently saving what little energy I have for my next guest, who is due in on 21st October; she's a Golder Retriever, almost 16 years old (16th birthday will be 1st November).
  • Prinzessilein
    Options
    Polly You HAVE been through a whole heap! Hope you are feeling better now!

Wednesday:...Mum has had a strange lump on her right heel ! (At the back, just above the heel to be more precise)...She was sent by the GP to the Sarcoma Clinic...they then referred her for an ultrasound which she had yesterday - just waiting for the results.....hope you get yours sorted soon.

I'm another with hair-loss...in my case they have ruled out any medical issues, and ascribed it to 'female pattern baldness' ...and I need to just accept it....and look into getting a wig or two. (I have been thinking of this for a year or two)
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Wednesday:...Mum has had a strange lump on her right heel ! (At the back, just above the heel to be more precise)...She was sent by the GP to the Sarcoma Clinic...they then referred her for an ultrasound which she had yesterday - just waiting for the results.....hope you get yours sorted soon.

I hope she is okay.xx

Eek. I will ask about my heel next week.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Possibly - though I do take a daily iron tablet. But hair loss is also a known feature of lupus.:( I suppose I should take steps to get it checked, but I just don't have the energy to do so right now.

Ooh, Candygirl transfusions sounds a bit scary.

Currently saving what little energy I have for my next guest, who is due in on 21st October; she's a Golder Retriever, almost 16 years old (16th birthday will be 1st November).

Soz I meant infusion, not sure what it entails yet 😁
    Hope your Mum's results are ok PZ xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Catch up time as it seems quiet on here at the moment . I seem to finally have a few operational brain cells now so we'll see how it goes .
    First thank you to everyone for the good wishes . It sounds as though a lot here have been struggling recently .
    LW I hope you feel a bit better now . Do you take a disease modifying drug? DD noticed a steady increase in hair loss after starting the MTX.
    I appreciate Loki being directed elsewhere . We had enough mischief and mayhem in the last few weeks and I can think of many in real life who deserve Loki to pay a visit.

maddie How is the pain and inflammation now? I imagine a number here have been feeling the ups and downs in the weather recently.

Prinzess you seem to have sorted out a lot of things , good news on that med being put on repeat . It's worth trying isn't it?
    Wishing your mums results to come through quickly and with no need for concern .

Thank goodness you went for the bloods candy they should sort you out soon . I'll be interested in your feedback when you've had the full thyroid screening . For over thirty years I've had negative results via the NHS testing although my previous Dr and the present one are convinced I have a problem . That would be something I would pay for .

How is Cranky now? Also Wednesday , AOT, and Curly Top.

Names are escaping me now so apologies to those I've missed .

The weather is weird here today on the NW coast . I had to keep the lights on until 8.30 this morning , We had rain , then the murky yellow sahara sky until a couple of hours ago followed by light cloud and sun . More cloud is building and the wind is getting stronger now . It's very hot and humid now so not sure if Ophelia will hit us or not . Spoke too soon I can now hear the wind through the double glazing which is rare .
    Hope you all stay safe and it skirts around your area .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • LameWolf
    Options
    LW I hope you feel a bit better now . Do you take a disease modifying drug? DD noticed a steady increase in hair loss after starting the MTX.
    I appreciate Loki being directed elsewhere . We had enough mischief and mayhem in the last few weeks and I can think of many in real life who deserve Loki to pay a visit.
    Yes, I have Hydroxychloroquine. The branded version is Plaquenil, but I've currently got a generic version (that's fine, I don't care as long as the active ingredient is the same, and it's in tablet form, not capsules).

I've just spent an hour on my online "Canine Behaviour Training" Course; it's extremely interesting, and is putting into perspective a lot of things that I've known for years instinctively, but couldn't have stated the reasoning behind them, if that makes sense.
    I've had to stop for the day now, because I take copious notes, and my fingers are starting to go numb.:D

The weather's a tad weird here in Concrete Cow Country; I guess it must be Ophelia. There's a sort of orangey tinge to the atmosphere, and it's 'orribly dark. It's also blowing at least half-a-hooley out there, and looks set to increase.

With that last in mind, stay safe, folks; and batten down the hatches. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure