PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Options

Comments

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    They gave me Amy-on-a-trampoline for depression many years ago - suffice it to say I was so far away with the Faeries that I was a danger to myself and others! :eek:

Lol at the alternative name:rotfl: It totally floored me when I tried it 😣
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, hugs and spoons as needed/wanted. Cranky I hope that your leg begins to heal well now that you have the correct dressings.

Mum is managing well so not needed for me to stay, I am wiped out though and pain and inflammation is back, I really think that the adrenaline must have kept it at bay when I was away.

OH and I are each sorting out our own suppers today so am headed off to change into pjs and go to bed for an hour or so. More blood tests arranged for Monday they want to repeat the tests ran 5 weeks ago to see if any changes and are now also mentioning the possibility of hyperparathyroidism:( I am resigned to whatever turns up and will make the best of it whatever they throw at me:) :) Glass half full personality thank goodness:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maddiemay - hope you are feeling stronger soon! The adrenaline is fine when it soars and gets you through a rough/busy time...but BOY does it hit you afterwards!

The 'general health check went fine...weight loss was noticed and praised...and my BP was well within the 'normal' range ...Cholesterol was just on 5, so acceptable, although the 'good' cholesterol good be a bit higher.....All in all my results were in the 'green' category...and, even though I am still in the 'obese' category (but only just!) I am in a very low risk category for heart attack, diabetes or stroke...(which would be more comforting if it wasn't for the fact that at least one of my other conditions was ALWAYS more likely to shorten my life than any of the things this check-up was looking at!....still good to know I am keeping myself as healthy as possible against the odds!)

Two more appointments at the GP surgery to get through...one is my yearly checkup - when I also get the flu jab....the other is the one for my non-repeat-prescription meds...I am on clonazepam - not regular, just as-and-when-needed...it helps with anxiety attacks, and is one of the best meds I have tried for tics (I have physical and verbal tics ...part of my Autism)...my GP is not happy with putting it on my repeat scrip, so it means an appointment every time I need a new pack.

Strictly is on tonight...so I will settle down for a couple of hours of movie tunes and dancing...lovely!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yay , i'm watching Strictly too PrincessZ.Love it, apart from the pathetic jokes:rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Prinzessilein
    Options
    Morning all...

It is a VERY chilly morning here!

The GP has put my Clonazepam on repeat!...After ten years (!!!) he has finally decided that I am clearly able to manage this myself and no longer need to see him for every renewal!...We've been gently asking for this for years now, it is going to make things so much easier!

On a less health-positive note, I have been aching so much for the last couple of days....which is probably linked to the cold and damp outside. I have put the heating on...and I use my wheat bags and new heated-pad (which is BLIIIIIIIISSFUL!) ...and I have Supersalve crème..so am winning the battle....

I am hoping to manage a short trip out this morning - I want to take some loose change (including 'old' pound coins) to the bank...and will stop by the fruit/veg stall and see if I can pick up some bargain veggies for soup. (There is very little as comforting as a bowl of home made soup on a cold Autumn day!)

Hope everyone is staying warm...and as healthy as life allows!
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Very similar to how I'm feeling Prinzessilein.

I went out yesterday and overdid it and really felt it last night when I was trying to sleep. I think it was because it was a damp day as well. I felt like I was coming down with the flu. I feel a bit better today as I slept in until 10am.

I was going to do exactly the same thing as you and go and change my old £1 coins at the greengrocer. I want to buy more lemons and ginger.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been keeping a sharp lookout for "old" pound coins since the end of September and getting rid of them as soon as they come into our possession; the last one we had was spent in @rgos the other day; I paid for our purchase in L0vetoshop vouchers I'd got for doing surveys, plus some N£ctar points, and made up the remaining little bit with cash. :money:
    It's flippin' cold here in Concrete Cow Country today; I've been out in the garden throwing a ball for our current two canine guests, and I am f-f-freezing!

Prinzess great news that they've put your medication on a repeat; it must have been a total pain having to go and see the doctor every single time you needed more!
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Prinzessilein
    Options
    LameWolf: It really WAS a pain...my GP has a 3 week waiting list to get an appointment, and as the medication was marked as 'only to be prescribed by named GP' then I couldn't ask any other GP in the practice to write a scrip for me....bus to the GP is 20 minutes walk away (although coming back the bus stops almost outside my door!) - I usually use my PiP mobility for a taxi....and even more irritating was the fact that my repeat prescription list runs into double figures , all of which I can get by just phoning the chemist, it was just this one item that I had to make visits to the GP for.

Trip for veggies was successful...I have picked up some nice bargains...and will now be able to make two soups... veg and barley...and pea soup.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How's everybody, then?

I have another cold, had a whole load of hair fall out when Mr LW washed it for me this morning, and am currently dogless; but otherwise all is fine and dandy in the Wolf's Lair. *wry grin*.

Spent £4 at the F&V market yesterday and for that I got two pineapples, a huge bowl of mushrooms, another huge bowl of cherry tomatoes and three cucumbers. Not bad, methinks. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just a quick post from me to say I'm sort of back in the land of the living .
    DD has been very ill , she got Norovirus and has been in a pretty bad way for nearly two weeks . Thankfully today she seems to be on the mend . We had to cancel the long awaited appointment with the main consultant and that is due to happen at the end of November . This weeks Drs appt had to be rearranged for next week .
    I was lucky not to get the Norovirus but fate sent a bad bout of Bronchitis instead . Both of us have been in Fibro flares but hopefully things are calming down .
    Laptop joined in with being poorly too so has been with the family techie . Brought it home today . They've reinstalled everything and updated all anti malware as I had an email from GMail over a week ago to tell me they'd stopped someone in London using my password to access my account .
    Chrome has been installed but I'm posting this on Firefox as I'll need to change my email login with mse and need to lose the fibro fog before I try that !

I haven't caught up but hope to catch up tomorrow after a nights sleep - fingers crossed - Hoping all are plodding on there are so many viruses and bugs around at the moment and the weather is very changeable too so wishing you all well .
    Take care
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport