Options

Comments

• nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE_Chris wrote: »
    Hi nic_c,

We're hoping to give you access to your full report next year but we don't want to commit to a date just yet. It's just to let you know we are working on it and hopefully you'll find it useful once it launches!
    I also hope you are going to include some history element. Currently it tells me my score, is this better/worse/same as last month? How is it trending over the past six months? Currently I have no idea unless I make a mental note each month of write it down. In its current form with just score and smiley faces for the sections there is no reference point on where you are, as in are you improving or stagnant.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My only issue with changing email address, is for banking it may flag up as fraud/suspicious - for example using halifax..... and then using barclays... a few days later will flag when it goes through N Hunter - and I'm not sure how much attention the people pay to the alerts or how much effort they put into investigating them (my feeling would be none....!)

The point is certainly a good one for any 'free' sites, shopping, trials etc - it's also interesting to determine which company sold your data on!!

RE: The credit score.... I see it as a bit of a monthly amusement. I had 0 one month, got a £1,500 limit credit card a few days later. I was 9 just before I got my Aqua card! I've primarily signed up just for the free Experian report to complete the hatrick..... if/when it launches
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've never read of different email addresses having an effect at National Hunter nor seen an effect with the six hundred or so email addresses I've used so far. It's more about changes in income that could indicate fraudulent increases to try to get accepted. Unlikely to matter except for applications.
  • Salforal
    Options
    MSE have confirmed the email is genuine. They're checking with Experian as to why I'm having problems with the security checks. I've run out of card and account details to enter and I'm still being prompted for more!!
    In God I trust. Everyone else is a suspect.
  • fromtheshires
    Options
    Just signed up to have a look at this one. I was hoping it was going to be like Noddle and Clearscore but its just a credit number and an MSE evaluation on what they think my chances are at getting credit cards / loans.

One slight anomaly is my credit utilisation. It only shows me as fair yet I have no CC and I only have £800 at 0% Im paying back. One would assume that as my debt ratio and disposable income show a V/good and I only have £800 outstanding with 5 months left that should be the same as well, but it isn't. Its not a problem as I know apart from my mortgage thats my only debt, but something that may need to be looked at by the algorithm chaps and chapesses.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just signed up to have a look at this one. I was hoping it was going to be like Noddle and Clearscore but its just a credit number and an MSE evaluation on what they think my chances are at getting credit cards / loans.

One slight anomaly is my credit utilisation. It only shows me as fair yet I have no CC and I only have £800 at 0% Im paying back. One would assume that as my debt ratio and disposable income show a V/good and I only have £800 outstanding with 5 months left that should be the same as well, but it isn't. Its not a problem as I know apart from my mortgage thats my only debt, but something that may need to be looked at by the algorithm chaps and chapesses.

Credit utilisation is how much of your available credit you are using. So if you have no available credit it will never be any good and has nothing to do with your disposable income. If you want to improve your credit worthyness then you will need to get a CC and pay it back each month to show you can responsibly use credit.

Plus credit cards are essential for purchases over £100 for the section 75 protection, plus you can earn cashback from them.
  • MSE_Chris
    MSE_Chris Posts: 201 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

At the moment, we're seeing some of our users who were previously able to login being asked by Experian to verify their identity. Experian have confirmed that from time to time that they do this to ensure the genuine person is accessing the account. It's currently looking at a number of our users profiles to see what it can do, including Salforal it seems and we will be in touch as soon as we have an update.
  • jolly_olly
    Options
    MSE_Chris wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

At the moment, we're seeing some of our users who were previously able to login being asked by Experian to verify their identity. Experian have confirmed that from time to time that they do this to ensure the genuine person is accessing the account. It's currently looking at a number of our users profiles to see what it can do, including Salforal it seems and we will be in touch as soon as we have an update.

Thanks for the update Chris. I am experiencing the same problem, so I will monitor this thread closely for a resolution.
  • m4md4ni
    Options
    I am getting verification pending when trying to logging into mse credit club. I got it a few days ago but then it worked after a day or so, now I'm getting it again. Its really frustrating. Can someone help please?
  • m4md4ni
    Options
    I tried logging in again this morning but was met with "you have been securely logged out" message. Having tried to log in again, im still stuck at "verification pending".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure