I can do this!

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Stir-fry or stew are my preferred method for disguising things that "people" aren't so keen on. Or shepherds pie type things. I can hide a LOT of carrot under that innocent looking mash blanket...

:rotfl::rotfl: To your christmas concert type shenanigans too - oddly enough as a child I was of a broadly similar mind to you on the church thing, and nothing much has changed!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I remember those church services well, especially the need to arrive very early to get a seat. I'm sure some people camped by the door overnight and rushed in at daybreak. My hub and I used to fight over who would attend, we both disliked them so much. I'm ashamed to say that there were at least two years where I told my son I had been in the back of the church when really I just popped in at the very end to collect him, and when he was older I stopped going altogether unless he had a very important part. It was the same situation with further siblings.

I have been making a menu plan without any regard for what we already have in the house. I think tomorrow will be an inventory day, your list has inspired me. :)
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well husbeast is out for his works christmas thingy tomorrow so I can have whatever I please... too tired to feel inspired though *yawn*

Oh oh oh - my box of danish food goodies may arrive tomorrow! ooooooo I shall probably be logging on in a food coma :rotfl:
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • MrsTinks
    Options
    My Christmas spirit is finally catching me up! Hooray!

It may in some way be connected with the fact today is the last proper work day of the year - I'll be working through the holidays but it has been decided we will be "working from home" - AKA "have your phone on and probably smuggle your work laptop with you in the boot of the car if you DO go out... but don't strain yourself!"

Of course the copious amounts of spirits purchased yesterday may also have helped a little... I can now safely say that I could launch a flotilla in style with the amount of sparkling fortified grape juice in my possession! _party_

I think we have most of the items required for a pretty decent Christmas though... so long as my ducks arrive as planned then I shall be a happy little camper lol

Thankfully my freezer clearing has meant I actually had oodles of room for all the goodies which was awesome!
    DFW Nerd #025

• MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Will you have any official days off or do you need to stay on standby for the whole of the holidays?
  • MrsTinks
    Options
    My full time job I will be off weekends and BH so in effect I am having 4 days of "free" leave - my contracting one I will be working pretty much most days but it's only an hour or so and it's something I'm very passionate about so it doesn't REALLY count ;)

Although that said if our systems went down for my main job then I'd be on call 24/7 LOL the joys of being management I guess :)
    I WOULD have a whole team of developers and architects I could shout at if that happened though lol
    DFW Nerd #025

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    You see, we knew that freezer onslaught would pay off! And a massive hurrah for oodles of the fizzy stuff too. :T

Have a good one, and don't work too hard...oh hang on, you weren't going to...? :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • MrsTinks
    Options
    You see, we knew that freezer onslaught would pay off! And a massive hurrah for oodles of the fizzy stuff too. :T

Have a good one, and don't work too hard...oh hang on, you weren't going to...? :D

I should really be tweaking some work process documents but quite frankly I don't want to :rotfl: I know it will bite me in the bum later but hohum LOL

It's been an insanely long work year for me - at times not knowing if we still had jobs whilst waiting for funding etc. loads of ups and downs and putting up with a stresshead CEO (understandable stress but still exhausting to manage) and now I'm frankly exhausted :cool:

Does look like tomorrow will involve a vet trip - one of the cats keeps yacking up which at 16 is probably not good for him... he's taken to pulling out his fur again (he has a flea allergy) but I can't see any of the blighters on him :mad: and obviously that causes horrid furballs... so going to check if it's the furballs and if so if we can find something else to help with this... and if it's not then what is causing his upset stomach... *sigh* If it's not one thing... :o
    DFW Nerd #025

• MistyMountainTop
    Options
    i'm sorry to hear about your cat, I hope he is ok! :(
  • MrsTinks
    Options
    i'm sorry to hear about your cat, I hope he is ok! :(

Thank you - he's an elderly gent these days and he's been through a lot in his time so hopefully it's just him eating clumps of fur and harking up furballs galore - so if we can fix this furpulling thing I'm sure he'll be good :)

I'm very realistic so we'll just take it a day at a time with him - my little OAP :smileyhea
    DFW Nerd #025

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport