We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Couch to 5K support thread.

Comments

• iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped! First Post
    WantToBeSE wrote: »

However, I'm going back to work in the New Year. So i want to be able to complete the C25K before then so that i can just concentrate on doing 1-2 runs a week instead of HAVING to do the 3.

Yes i am looking forward to when I finish it too so I can go out once a week (twice maximum). I could probably manage once a week this week and next but feel that it this stage it is not really worth it as I need to be running more to keep up with the programme, only running once a week I am not going to be able to progress to the next level. I am trying to go for long walks with my son at a quick pace so I don't lose all I have gained so far, so hopefully it won't be too difficult to pick up again.
  • clairec79
    clairec79 Posts: 2,512 Forumite
    I completed week 8 yesterday - so will be moving onto week 9 tomorrow which is running for 30 minutes - no chance I'll hit 5K though, however we go away on Monday so won't be running for 5 days but will see how I feel when I come back as to whether I reduce the time or just try the 30 minutes again
  • Hello Runners! Managed a third week 8 run last night so on to week 9 tomorrow. Getting a little bit addicted to my Strava app which tells me I'm getting faster. (Read that as from very slow to slow)

Good luck to anyone running this weekend!
    May'18 DEBT FREE!

£6025 PB's: £1427 Nutmeg Pot: £51'174 Company Shares £512.09 InvestEngine £8.21 Freetrade £569.46 Stake
    £2457.92 TCB.
  • clairec79
    clairec79 Posts: 2,512 Forumite
    I DID IT!!!!!!

When I started the programme I thought I'd finish it before we go away (tomorrow) but I miscalculated as we went in 9 weeks, rather than 9 completed weeks - which other half pointed out to me nearly two weeks ago so I started runnign every other day instead of 3 times a week.

So today I did week 9 run 2 - and decided that as at 30 minutes I was at 4.3km I'd ignore it and carry on to run 5k.

So took me 35 minutes and 1second but I ran 5K - it is possible
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post Fourth Anniversary Debt-free and Proud! Combo Breaker
    Well done @clairec79
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Fantastic work, Claire!
    May'18 DEBT FREE!

£6025 PB's: £1427 Nutmeg Pot: £51'174 Company Shares £512.09 InvestEngine £8.21 Freetrade £569.46 Stake
    £2457.92 TCB.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! I've been Money Tipped!
    Well done Claire!!! Wow, that must feel amazing!! YOu must be so proud of yourself!! An inspiration for everyone :)

I completed week 3 but found ir really difficult! So i'm going to repeat it again, starting tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing?
  • iammumtoone
    Claire I missed your post :(

Very well done :T:T:T That is an impressive time for a first 5K run.

What is your plan now? Are you going to continue to run?
  • iammumtoone
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Well done Claire!!! Wow, that must feel amazing!! YOu must be so proud of yourself!! An inspiration for everyone :)

I completed week 3 but found ir really difficult! So i'm going to repeat it again, starting tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing?

I am suppose to start back tomorrow but I forgot its Halloween so I am delaying till Tuesday :o
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! I've been Money Tipped!
    I am suppose to start back tomorrow but I forgot its Halloween so I am delaying till Tuesday :o

What are you up to for Halloween? We are doing some baking and watching scary movies. So i'll do my run in the morning instead i think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.